New-ish Warlord - Getting Ravager Ready?

Hi there,

My Warlord has been at L100 for a wee while now. Just finished AoM ultimate, about to start FG. Have had essentially zero problem with any bosses to date, including Bourbon and Lokarr which were both much easier than I thought based on what I’d read - just a bit of repositioning and then essentially facetank.

I finally got Barrowholm to revered and so decided to have a go at Ravager. Picked ‘of Flesh’ because the health boost will let me sub some more points out of Physique and into Cunning

Won’t say I got spanked, because I didn’t, but I haven’t yet been able to beat him after 10+ attempts. Constant repositioning, and liberal use of potions, and I seem to reliably be able to get him to about 20-30% health before I finally run out of options and get splattered. Usually takes about 5-6 minutes continuous fighting to get him to that point.

I’ve got 2 piece Markovian showing on GT because that’s my main option, but i mostly use Mythical Untouchable for the Ravager attempts because it bumps my DA to about 3.4k and OA to about 3k and has the extra dodge and physical resistance as well.

He’s still relatively young so gear is ‘OK’ but certainly haven’t been around long enough to farm full sets and haven’t even touched SR other than the first 5 levels for the quest in FG.

GT link : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E661jV

Sheet DPS on Cadence is about 62k which i know is low-ish and probably doesn’t assist me vs his 200% ADctH buff - so I suspect that my weakness at the moment is ‘DPS too low’ but I’m not certain.

Any advice on what I should be doing in the near future to take Ravager from being a ‘slow but close miss’ to ‘reliably beat’?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Why not full Markovian set?

Also Gladiator’s Belt+Scales combo is dope.

… because I don’t have it and it will probably be a long time before I do? :slight_smile:

I know about your Carrot Tank build Nery, i’ve got the link bookmarked and am using it as a guiding template, it’s super useful for newbies like me :slight_smile: but I’m still a long way away from it gear-wise.

1 Like

Man this is frustrating the heck out of me. I must have made 50 attempts against Ravager of Flesh (on Ultimate) and every single time I get beaten. Most of the time, I get to 50% health OK, but then I just get walloped once he hits 50 and gets buffed. I’ve done all the following :

• Massively overcapped all my resistances (esp. my Bleed to deal with his blood pools).
  • Regeared and redevotioned for OA, DA and Armor. Armor is now about 5k, OA and DA both 3.25k just with Overguard up.
  • Made sure I keep around 15% ADctH or more.
  • Made sure I have ‘enough’ Physical Resistance - currently 34% which all the guides suggest is plenty).
  • Read and attempted to follow every single guide I can (incl Ravager made easy (tactics & vids))

None of it seems to make any difference. The amount of armor I have, the amount of physical resistance I have, the devotions I take… I still just get wrecked in phase 2.

Even more frustrating is watch videos of other Warlords who just tank’n’spank him without any positioning or tactics of any type I can see, and then I see their GT links and they don’t seem to be any better specced than me and sometimes worse. Yet they have little difficulty.

Any advice would be sorely appreciated because I’m about to throw my PC out the window. I’ve literally steamrolled everything else so far, but just can’t seem to figure out a way to kill him.

GT link to ‘latest’ build - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j5Rj4N

Just took a video showing exactly what I mean - I do OK until 50% then just get worn down as all my circuit breakers pop until nothing is left. Screenshots for context:

I guess you want to just kill him on legit save, not speedrunning with gd stashed build?

Then try these changes:

1. Change belt for Mythical Hammerfall Girdle.
  2. Take 1 point into Stoneform on your devotions for flat damage abs.
  3. Take points from Light of Empyrion and invest into Targo the builder, Shield Wall devotion combined with Hammerfall belt is going to increase your armor a lot.
  4. Invest some points into War cry for Damage reduction source since you don’t use empyrion now.

Changing boots for Mythical Golemborn Greaves may help too.

Example of devotions (not new route, just fast changes only for Ravager)
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4E91Y2

Ravager and even Callagadra if you play some tank archetype is all about stacking armor and physical resistances until you want to speedrun them just for challenge.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: I don’t have either Golemborn or Hammerfall, but I shifted around the points as you suggested and I made it to about 25-30% before dying, so : progress. Targo isn’t maxed so I’m gonna go gain some XP to max it then try again :slight_smile:

What do you mean by that? Sorry for my ignorance but I don’t use gdstash so I’m like you guys are speedrunning? lol

will_poulter

@BlackrazorNZ Hammerfall is craftable item, check blacksmith, maybe you have blueprint :wink:

@fordprefect I mean gd stashing build, trying to min-max things and trying to kill Ravager as fast as possible.

Hmm, I know it is possible to create a 100 level character out of nothing with gdstash but still I don’t get how this is helping to kill ravager faster. I got it it saves time from leveling a new character that’s ok, but othr things? What do you min-max? The items?

Sorry for hijacking the thread, good luck with ravager @BlackrazorNZ

You can craft one item so many times you get very good rolls, experiment with many setups without spending resources for it etc. It works in the same way in Crucible, your performance can be way better with something like perfect conversions and damage values which may be hard to reach in legitimate way.

1 Like

I’ll no doubt fall to the GD Stash dark side for future characters, but as this is my first L100 (despite the fact I have about 16 characters waiting at L94!!) my plan is to beat everything at least once using only self-found gear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I see, very convenient. Still I don’t think I will use it. Perhaps after 5k hours and got bored from leveling challenge and the happiness that comes from looting a good rolled item. Thank you for the answer!

1 Like

So I did a thing…

Thanks for all the advice. I won’t say beating him was comfortable and I ended up with plenty of near misses, but I got there in the end. Won’t be going back to Barrowholm in a hurry that’s for sure!

Congrats! You should be very happy :slight_smile: My biggest exitement was my first Lokarr kill with my second character(first one was big failure so I deleted.) now I don’t even go there, except to test a new build againts him. So you also can make new builds with ravager helmet that can’t kill ravager :rofl:

Thanks! Yes something tells me i’ll have a few hand me downs to other chars with this one :smiley:

Isn’t it funny how some bosses just cause certain builds grief - like, I just about wore out my keyboard trying to beat Ravager, but i literally farm Lokarr on the daily and have never once even died to him. Crate, on the other hand… tried that once, got absolutely murdered, and will never go back again, the combo of the desert winds + the maggots + Crate itself = hell no that’s no fun at all…

I dont understand why people use GD stash. Its basically cheating, so for me it kills the feeling of the game. Of course you spare some farming time when you can click exact items in your stash, but doesnt that still take something something away? lol

1 Like

I also think that way but since it’s just a single player game, I really can’t say anything to people who use it. And yes, it takes away the pleasure of finding something useful, the pleasure of leveling and see your character growing with each stat. But since there are a lot of good veteran players/builders who uses it to alter everything in game and because of that some of their results and success is hard to reach without it so other beginner players also think that as the easy way. Devs also has nothing to say to it, everyone has their own free will and conscious. I can only judge them if they humiliate other players, especially beginners and brag about something they just created instantly with gdstash and posted it as build thread with a few hours play time.