New Mastery: Demon Hunter (D3)

hi! i got the following problem:

• i downloaded and installed the mod under the known “mods”-folder
  • i can select the mod, when you load Grim Dawn and get to the char-selection
  • however, when i reach level 2 and want to chose the class, there ain´t NO Demonhunter for me to chose, just the known classes from the vanilla game :frowning:

any idea, what went wrong for me?

As I also posted in your WD thread I am currently testing through all of the DAIL masteries. The DH has the same problem as the WD, at least in the beginning, it is extremly weak. Also the gap between 5 and 15 is super boring while leveling. Try to spread the skills better such that every 5 levels there is something new you “could” skill if it fits your build.

The problem with both of your masteries is the low damage output. The DH with early preparation and shadow power really has two very powerful tools which allows him to fight and kite like forever - but it is not “hack&slay” anymore but “run&wait”. This makes it extremly boring to play.

As for the WD: It obviously might be possible that the mastery gets less annoying on later levels, however, compared to all the other masteries I have tried so far, those were the only ones which were really weak and boring to play - at least on grimmest veteran.

And I am fully aware, DAIL, grimmest and the masteries as a whole are nowhere near “balanced” but as it is I would not touch both of your mods - which is sad, because those two look like two of the better thought through ones.

I have a level 12 DH test playing DAIL X and I would have to disagree with the lack of early dps.

Well, the damage of both masteries was based on skills of Grim Dawn classes, (Ex: Firestrike > Hungering Shot / Bloody Pox > Haunt) and I even tried to buff them after. All the tests I did was playing the vanilla campaign, so I don’t know how the classes are doing in DAIL.

Otherwise, in comparison to vanilla characters, I think the higher levels are the ones that need higher damage, not the lower levels.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I’ll review the damage of their skills for the December Update :wink:

ayn chance on allowing skills to work with (single)pistols ?

I am talking about the witch hunter.

The attack skills require either a rifle, or 2 pistols.

I wish a pistol+offhand or pistol+shield worked, too. Since they are also firearms.

most high level relics are still show 90s cd on their tooltips, they are reset to be 6s mostly as the changelog said.
hope this is only a tooltip mistake as i have not a high level char to test them.(grimarilion v0.29)

I had never thought about that. I’ll make it possible on the next update. Thanks for your comment :wink:

I had never thought about that. I’ll make it possible on the next update. Thanks for your comment :wink:

Hi, I like your class a lot but my build plans encountered an issue that definitely needs a fix (unless it’s intentional?). Namely, it seems Hungering Strike cannot be assigned to any devotion: I’ve checked several of them but none has it.

Other than that the only thing that comes to mind is mediocre clear due to lack of good early aoe, but that’s probably cause I’m spoiled by Olexra Flash Freeze. Still, maybe Death Star could get a 1-point modifier that would decrease its dmg while increasing the area of effect or sth like that?

Hungering Shot has been reworked and now it’s available to be assigned to any devotion. Elemental Strike has the same problem, will be fixed as well. Yes, The lack of aoe damage is a issue in early game, but probably the new secondary skills of Shadows Bolts and Hungering Shot may help to solve this problem. These new skill modifiers will be on tier 3, no longer on tier 5. I don’t see any change on Death Star for a while. All these changes will be available on next update.

Hi Grimer,

I put your mod to Kırmızı Perfect with files also mirrored on my server:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/grim-dawn-demon-hunter-mastery-mod/

Hi ty for opportunity to try the mod, any chance for all 3 skill to work with Gunslinger’s Talisman relic line passive skill “Volley” because atm work only with shadow bolts skill (and volley with 2h xbow have nice and addictive visual animation).
Elemental strike middle skill: lightning bolt have visual heavy problems on screen with 150+ ias and kill completely the xbow sound what is better then guns shot sound for this body taste (so sad with with visual customization mod possibility the guns can change the skin but the sound no :confused: so stuck when was try with crossbow skin and poor gun sound :slight_smile: )

• this was written in hope after reading about devotion skill problems happy looting day :slight_smile:

hey man, ty for your comment… this old version has a few problems as you see unfortunately, but it’s getting a rework already (almost 100% done btw)… the solution to devotions issue also fixes the problem with ‘Volley’ and others triggered skills. The Elemental Strike’s visual effects was totally reworked, it’s way better now.

Hi Grimer,

Elfe pm’ed about the mischief i have given to the mod creators. I want to apologize personally from every mod author. I have created the thread below to explain myself and i will be very happy if you let me host your mods.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48081

Thanks.

this ^

Just make clear to whoever visit your site who is the creator of each mod and give the credits, beside that I don’t know why would modders be upset. I’m not.

Good job tho.

Thanks for your support Grimer! I always credit the modder and link to the original thread. I am happy that you liked it :slight_smile:

Nice job on the conversions, but i think you were kinda lazy on what skills are linked to which types of devotions…you made a ton of logic errors.

What ones are logical errors all of them make perfect sense

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

For instance, the only skill that procs on hit devotions is Shadow bolts…which makes them inherently better then elemental bolts or hungering bolts. Thats just one example of laziness. There wasnt any QA involved imo or reasoning about what should link with what. Its good conversion, no doubt, but unfinished in the nuts and bolts end.

It was noted and fixed a long time ago, I just didn’t apply it to DH yet, because I had too much work to do for the next update. The patch with the reworked DH will be released this week. Here: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47407