New Modding Site and an Apology

I can reach the site now. I posted later than I wrote my message(lots of tabs open), so your site was unreachable(not 404 or site down, just white blank page) from about my posting time minus ~1 hours, if it was not your doing, might have been an issue with your posting provider.

about running an .exe, of course everything can be run in everything else nowadays, if I really wanted, and maybe I’d have to troubleshoot a problem afterwards, but I don’t :slight_smile: whenever I try to run something that isn’t meant to run, it always takes a couple of hours at a minumum.

point being, thanks for archiving those. Just wanted to help in case you didn’t have the files, it seems like its the same binary you already have anyways.

I was updating core files of the site so i guess you have entered the site at that moment :slight_smile:

Couple of hours? Thats very strange. Which OS are you using? I am just curious.

Of course you are welcome. I really fed up searching for any file on the internet, i created that site. Step by step it will become a place that files will live in peace.

UPDATES
+Tamschi’s Titan Quest Tools (https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-tamschis-titan-quest-tools/)
+Mount & Blade: Warband Prophecy of Pendor Total Conversion Mod
+Diablo II: Lord of Destruction D2SE Mod Manager

• TQ: AE Paths updated.
  • TQ: AE Legion of Champions updated
  • TQ: AE BleedVitality Resistance Fix updated

You really could have asked me directly, you know :undecided:
That goes for jiaco and ASYLUM101 too…

Anyway, I replied to grinninglich just about two weeks ago that I’d prefer it if my mods weren’t rehosted completely. The situation with most of my tools is a bit different since I intentionally made it so people could provide them too (so that they can’t slide into a legal grey area), but it would still be really nice if you could just ask me to rehost them if there’s an issue.

I really don’t get why so many people didn’t even try to reach me while talking about the topic; It’s not like it would have been difficult to do so.
(An honourable mention goes to Violos and Elfe, who are the only ones who recently did that in this context.)

For future reference (in order of preference):

• I’m on Discord as Tamschi#3298.
  • You can reach me on Steam. This is my profile, but you can also find me via my mod’s workshop page (which someone else uploaded without asking, but at least I can support it there…).
  • If you happen to have a Facepunch account, you can PM me there or write me a profile message. I’ll see this very quickly since I use that site far more than I should.
  • There’s an issue tracker for my tool project on Bitbucket (that I admittedly didn’t advertise enough). It’s probably the most useful way to report issues with specific programs or their distribution, but it requires an account there so don’t feel obliged to go this way if you don’t have one already.
  • I have an email address, and it’s listed prominently in the source code for my tools. It’s not as convenient as IMs, but I usually do read my mails.
  • I have an account at the titanquest.net forum. I’m not very active now, but if you PM me or reply to one of my threads I’ll get an email.
  • I (obviously) have an account here. I’m not active, but if you PM me I’ll get an email.

Please excuse the rant. I’m more annoyed than mad, and I’m probably assuming too much median etiquette and basic legal knowledge.

I am very sorry Tamschi i assumed you are fine with it and you have been contacted (what a fool i am). The page has been removed from my site. Sorry again for this matter.

Edit: I missed your answer about the Tiger Man skin on Steam page, now i saw it and removed the mod.

Edit2: About the Tiger Man skin, i had read the line that this mod was originally yours but thought it was ported to Anniversary Edition by RZ-028 and now it was his right to give permission. But as you said it seems like only for original TQ:IT.

Edit3: My email address is [email protected]. If there seems other issues like this, please contact me through it. I check emails everyday.

Don’t worry about it, it’s just inconvenient for me and nothing more.
Maybe consider checking and subscribing to all the places you asked though, in case you missed any other replies made directly.

Note that copyright usually is laid out so that you need explicit permission to redistribute a work (though in certain countries there are some implicit permissions if you don’t do so verbatim). Depending on where your site is registered and hosted, anyone whose work you took may be able to have it taken down. In practice you can usually go a bit further and hope for the best with free content, but if you do that you really need to stay on top of things.

Edit2: About the Tiger Man skin, i had read the line that this mod was originally yours but thought it was ported to Anniversary Edition by RZ-028 and now it was his right to give permission. But as you said it seems like only for original TQ:IT.

Yes, it’s not actually ported. There are apparently some armour bugs due to the game being updated and there may be crashes, but I haven’t checked myself. I’m only listed as contributor on the page because I don’t want to inconvenience the mod subscribers by having it taken down (one way or, if absolutely necessary, another).

Edit3: My email address is [email protected]. If there seems other issues like this, please contact me through it. I check emails everyday.

I also accepted your friend request on Steam. If someone asks for something I made again, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’m probably not as fast as you, but I should still be able to provide a directly supported download within one or two days.

I invite everyone to open an account on the site:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/register

Modders please contact me after opening an account. After verified you will be given extra privileges :wink:

Thanks Tamschi for mutual understanding.

UPDATES
+Added Brytenwalda Reworked Mod
*Updated Lost Treausures to 0.30 version
*Updated Grimarillion to the 0.3.4 version (Latest Patch Compatible)
*Updated Omega Mod to the 0.73 version

nothing against the etiquette, but for the legality, you licensed it GPLv3 and it should be fine as long he isn’t distributing a version which he compiled himself and distributing it without the source or something like that.

If I pulled the linux kernel source and re-hosted that, that would be illegal or gray area? it looks like the “this is definitely allowed, for sure, all the green pastures” area to me.

My mod isn’t under that license, only the tools. I made that distinction in my post too.
Also note that I didn’t ask for the pages to be taken down - that’s not something I’d consider proportionate. It would just be nice to have the tool download link pointed to a page I control and update anyway, instead of having to manually look after this.

I can restore the page and provide a download link instead.

As for the source files of the tools it seems i can host them?

Yes, for the tools that’s fine. Not necessarily convenient, but I definitely can’t stop you :smiley:
I’ll also get back to you in a few days with an updated official link, since I should take care of that before Dropbox turns off the public links for the files I hosted there.

If you restore the mod page with a link to the mod thread: Just please make sure to categorise it for Immortal Throne and not the Anniversary Edition, since it’s not fully compatible with the latter.

UPDATES
-Updated nearly all of the Grim Dawn mods to the latest versions.

-Missing Grim Dawn mods from the site will be completed soon.

-We have Flix on board. That means Sacred 2 mods are coming! 7 of them are actually ready but i am waiting to complete all of them before releasing.

-Registration for modders are ready for them to manage their page if they want. Upload function is close.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/register

The user upload functionality is ready!

New Grim Dawn Mods:

Grim Legion
Quality of Life
Make Retaliation Great Again
GDReforge
No Environmental Damage
Grim Dawn Eternal

I finished integrating Sacred 2 Mods. Now Sacred 2 is online!!

Thanks Flix for such an incredible job for these mods! He is the god of the Sacred 2 world :wink:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/category/sacred-2/

Thanks grinninglich for bringing Sacred 2 mods into the fold. I hope the game will find some new life as the mods get more attention. I’m really impressed with your formatting and how well you reproduced all the mod details and instructions.

Diablo 2 fans might want to check out Diablo 2 Fallen, a semi-conversion mod for Sacred 2 which adds D2 items, skills, enemies, music, and more. It’s still in Beta so the quests aren’t done but I’m hoping to recreate all the quests from D2.

I never thought I would say this, but Sacred 2 is going to be re-installed tonight. That looks utterly amazing.

gets intrigued