New off-hand 1.1.2.0

GT has just been updated. 1 new item has appeared (mythical / non-mythical):

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13747

Thoughts ?

I’ve always found XX damage converted to physical to be impractical because of armor mechanics. Maybe something something with full chaos ?!

Combine with ugdenbog girdle, convert all the poison you can find into trauma, win. Tainted eruption as trauma you say?

So,this weapon can finally have a use ?

Nah, it has phys -> acid conversion, that’s bad. Also making DEE physical isn’t a good idea, maybe the transmuted version but still, probably not.

I didn’t see the conflictual conversion at first.

What would be the main ability in this kind of build then (IT Witchblade Caster) ? Acid Purge ? Only some DoTs and Devotion Procs ? Blade Arc ?

i make a cabalist in gt now :wink:

Acid purge might not be a bad idea, it’s mostly dot and it did get buffed this update. Doom relic is obvious, perhaps blitz and of course war cry. In devotion there’s quite a bit to convert, think about scorpion sting, acid spray and tainted eruption. Silly things like the rat constellation are suddenly awesome too.

It looks pretty interesting. Nice cast/as and great proc.

Probably can get around the conversion by going for something that converts at skill level, before it. Or avoid general acid/vitality.

Dee first 3 skills has a lot of poison, so = IT with that.

And peeps complain that chaos has no toys…

If you want to go completely bananas, combine with beronath reforged and even the black blood of yugol is all physical. It’s probably a bad idea, but it sounds good.

I’ve been thinking something like this ? Energy regen and DA is a problem but that’s fun TC challenge.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV74PAvZ

It’d be nice if the mob wasn’t actually bugged and didn’t spawn now :eek:

tainted eruption as IT sounds frightening.

Reap Spirit also has CRAZY vit decay scaling (although only hits 1 target), bone harvest dread also not bad… Gargoyle Spines open up vit + acid to phys scaling but doesn’t get full vit to physical (90% maximum). Regardless, reap spirit at 26/16 is 1k vit decay per second, you could convert 900 of that to physical and use that for single target while using the acid stuff (DEE, Tainted Eruption, bone harvest) for clear…

Only concern is reflect, lol

I’ve tried this acid to physical caster (same as before but with correct attributes and some item changes): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe0QdEV

Enough to almost facetank Kra’vall. Lokarr impossible and SR-50 boss phase impossible either. I wasn’t impressed by Blade Arc but the combo Meteor + Taunted Eruption does some great work.

Maybe a Vitality Death Knight version, with the non corrupted off-hand, would be more efficient indeed.

After a bit of fumbling, my take on this would be a hybrid chaos/IT.

Slap on IT with DEE, Laceration, Doomforce, Guardian, Scorpion. Cadence with chaos (energy is tight).

chaos/IT witchblade

And that’s why I have my precious crucible overrun with Bone Harvest and Reap Spirit casters equipped with Gladiator’s Distinction. :rolleyes:

I would never use this over a Smoldering Effigy in an actual chaos caster damage build.
Can it be used sure, but at best it’s a placeholder item until you craft a decent Smoldering Effigy

You know Menhir doesn’t work with books, right?

You’re right. It’s just like blast shield, Resilience, I went auto pilot and put one point. It’s not everyday that you build a soldier with an offhand :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi!
Do not you loose too much % damage by investing into Tainted Eruption and other acid constellations? Or does conversion works otherwise nowadays?

You do lose a lot to be honest, but that’s the price you pay to convert skills like this I’m afraid, no way to get around it.

Indeed. We have a saying in my country: “you can’t have the butter and the butter’s money”. Pretty self explanatory.