New player question about Morgoneth drops

Hey all, new player here - I’m wondering if my Morgoneth is bugged or something.

When I beat him on Elite, he dropped the blue 2H mace. (I only did the Heretic dungeon once on Elite and I didn’t do it on Normal).

Now on Ultimate I’ve beaten him about 20 times and he’s never dropped a single piece of equipment. He’s dropped 1 or 2 celestial lotus, and sometimes he drops a vitality potion. But never a single green, blue, or purple item. Is that normal?

The other bosses I’ve been farming (Lokarr, Alkamos) always drop something, which is why it seems Morgoneth is not right. And I don’t want to keep doing this over and over if it’s hopeless. The Morgoneth Helm is the last piece I really want for this char :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

1 Like

As you can see from the picture, the chance to get anything other than Lotus is pretty small and also the chance for nothing is quite high so you gotta keep farming.

The chance to not get Ring, Visage and any weapon is
0.9 * 0.952 * 0.9 = 0.77112 = 77.112%
and in 20 runs 0.77112 ^ 20 ~ 0.6% so yeah you’re pretty unlucky (one out of 200 players unlucky) but it’s in the realms of possibility

Capture

But on average you should see at least one of those items in 1 out of 4 runs. Just bad luck.
Helm is 1 out of 20 runs so it can take you a while if unlucky.

Come back if your next 20 runs give nothing but Lotus.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Yeah that is wildly bad luck which is why I started suspecting another explanation. But I will do some more runs today and report back.

1 Like

You’re not praying hard enough. :wink:

3 Likes