New soldiers?

Early in the game I’d like to see a new character, a cross between the Hunter and the Guard. Can be created in the Town Centre once your income rate turns green. Apart from having a better ability to attack raiders it can also do exploration using the blue flag system, which will leave the Labourers in town instead of wandering the countryside.

1 Like

Some time ago i made a topic where i described a similar idea about having more universal hunting-defending building where hunter cabin can be upgraded and used as hunting-defending outpost in multi-purpose way. Point 6 in there: Guard towers, barracks, soldiers, villagers

Yesterday i used the hunter work-area targeting to use him as explorer. I don’t know if it is a feature or bug, but they follow the hovering work-area-circle even when not clicked to the ground.

If the hunters are capable fighters and auto-aggressive mode in defending, then it makes sense to enable a bit higher level defensive controlling for them.

Another similar, but opposite issue is with guards, that just sit in the tower not doing anything useful - why not go hunting or something and if raid starts, just jump into the tower or get commanded by me to come out and fight on the open like hunters do.

I have used tower guards to hunt down fleeing raiders, sometimes that reveals unexplored territory. Didn’t know about the hunter circle. I wonder if the unemployed tree cutters can do the same thing.

it kinda seems odd we dont have milita troops. kinda always the 1st troops before any professional trained ones…
some unarmoured militia archers and pitchforks we can have patrolling or stationed at certain points to deal with wildlife and early raiders unmounted or mounted till later on we can replace with pro soldiers this would give us a way to deal with threats early game we otherwise couldnt cos gold costs are way to high for awhile…

Any villager profession which uses an area circle can be moved around to follow the circle, but the circle must be repositioned when done.

A militia would be nice, basically an enhanced Hunter, could be used where boars and wolves are known, might need two for a bear. Place a circle for them to roam in like the circles for the other villagers.