Newbie need advice for build

I am now :smiley:

It’s even nearly too easy, and i restart on veteran because on normal it was too boring.

Except playing him melee i have a crossbow and damn it’s fun to see all of those lightning on the screen literally wreck everything :smiley:

EDIT: Nevermind, i’m doing a warder. 2H melee, it’s gonna be way more tanky, i can run to the ennemy and still doing insane damage. I’ll see in higher difficulty if it works though.

2 Likes

You don’t have to stick with one class. Make a new character and level two characters at the same time. This game is about making many builds, not sticking to one forever.

2 Likes

Is the game became harder later on?

Cause now, with this build, it’s a little boring. I one shot nearly everything, i don’t die and i don’t even need another skill than Primal strike. I’m lvl 20 and just kill everything, i don’t even see why i would spend point in other skills.

Please, tell me it became harder later on :smiley:

Yes, it does. Act 1 is partly a tutorial.

1 Like

Unless one would like to speed level subsequent characters as fast as possible using Merits and other things from Ultimate.

1 Like

I just want to do everything, with one char, and after that, do another char and do everything with it, like i did in diablo 2.

I don’t like leveling 2 char at the same time, i like doing one till the very end, and start another fresh after.

Can someone tell me if this build is still viable now? Because i know they change a lot every patch so.

I’d love to play a warder tank with shield, but i didn’t find any build on the website, only 2 handed.

I think you’re in denial of your altoholism :laughing: How many characters have you already started? :wink:
It’s not like i.e. at level 50 your desire to switch will be any lower.

1 Like

I always delete my char when i start another one :smiley: it’s a thing i can’t control it.

If the char is finished and if i finished everything with it i keep it, but if the char is unfinished and start to bored me, i change build, and if it doesn’t work, i delete it and start a new adventure with a new one :smiley:

I just changed my build to see how soldier would work with shaman, i wanna try a tanky tank with shield and shaman have good regen skills so.

Comparing with Diablo 3

In Diablo 3, the game gives you the power to dropper…

In Grim Dawn you choose skills, you have the possibility to maximize them early (which is why the game was easy) or not. So, at the beginning of the game, if you choose the strongest AoE skills in the class, then it’s easy.

But, in Grim Daw, as the game progresses, you’ll need a lot to be able to deal damage and survive. Maybe you’ll go a long way with a single skill, if you don’t make any nonsense choice of skills, devotions, equipment…

Game balance starts at level 94, when you can equip all endgame equipment.

I’m just lost…

I just can’t figure anything in this game it’s annoying. I try to look at some build but i understand nothing. They have vitality damage stuff, but have some aether damage skills etc…

I don’t understand nothing in this and i can’t choose what to play, i really don’t know how you managed to understand and deal with that…

More specific pls, I believe most builds only focus on one dmg type, and use coversion to covert other dmg types to its main dmg. There are items that convert aether to vit, for example.

I found this one for example. I’m a newb, but i don’t understand some choice of skills.

Why using blood or dreeg instead of sigil? i don’t understand. And also, why spectral binding instead of bon of bysmiel + manipulation?

And if i read correctly, this one should be better, but i’m sure i’m wrong.

The first one is a bit mess, I think it’s a hybrid pet build, BoD is much more better because it heals, boosts OA and resistances. Sigil is only strong if you have spare points and CDR. This build is much more focus on player aspect, and Reap Spirit is quite invincible/spamming, so Bond doesnt give much. However, I give this build a 3/10 (gears choice, skills chosen, devotion…). Shouldnt follow it as a newbie.
The second is just… more terrible, a vitality focus build but no Spectral wrath - vit RR. Dont need to discuss deeper.

2 Likes

Blood of Dreeg (16/16 12/12):
Any occult build you will do this because:

• % offensive
  • physical resistance and acid.

Curse of frailty (10/10 10/10): reduces resistances

Solael’s W: if you need attack speed or chaos damage
Second rife: if you need vital damage.

Bone Harveste and Soul Harveste (1 - 1 - 12/12): Gives a buff of vital damage to pets.

Any build with necromancer you will want Spectral binding because of the +offensive abilities bonus

and spectral wrath if you want to reduce resistance.

2 Likes

Thank you, Damn it’s hard to find a good build. I’m afraid to look now.

Do you have any idea for a build vitality occultist based? It’s all i ask, occultist and vitality. Could be shield pistol sword or 2h couldn’t care less.

+164 offensive ability is better than +60% damage? I just ask i don’t doubt you no worry

I"m dumb… Manipulation gives +60% to all pets, not me…

Thanks but i prefer no pets, i saw there are lots of those build online

1 Like

Is it still working? I read that they balanced a lot the game and the build is from 1.1.6.2. Is it still good?

Yes, see combat statistics:
stats

you will always want to go over 2700-3200 for OA (offensive) and DA (defensive)

1 Like