Newbie need advice for build

This is the Vindicator: [1.1.2.5-1.1.9.1] Beginner's Lightning Vindicator caster

Majority of builds don’t have leveling guides, so don’t how much helpful would be. I might start leveling fire caster, since it sounds fun. And straightforward enough. Especially blackwater cocktail is nice skill for fire damage. Have transmuter for CD version and Zarthuzelan boss in Steps of Torment drops nice off-hand for it.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot.

I don’t need a leveling guide tho, i don’t follow them :smiley: I just wanted to see the end build and adapt while playing but knowing which skill i need.

<3

2 Likes

Grim Sheet emphasis on builds strength and you can decide what’s you target based on skills used. But end game require certain specific gear parts, so some of these builds will be difficult to achieve.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I look at build for a general direction to go with my char, and when i will arrive at endgame (someday), i’ll follow the build to the letter then.

I just saw you wrote a sh!tload of build and guide, i’m gonna look at that.

Thanks for doing that, that help a lot people like me :smiley:

2 Likes

The fire SB guide of mine is Eye of Reckoning, which is actually whirlwind type of attack like Diablo. This class is also suitable for fire casters.

I have posted lot of builds. Beginner guides are purely for helping other players and end game builds for… vanity :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Got it, i’m good for like 2-3 years now, thanks :smiley:

3 Likes

Last question friend, is this one still viable now with the update or not?

1 Like

I have more up to date version in the bottom of the comments section. I haven’t tried Belgothian set this patch.

Btw, should warn you, that the set is random drop.

2 Likes

Dammit…

Ok thanks a lot

MEh, the new version doesn’t have a lot of skill… too bad, the original one seemed good :smiley:

EDIT : nevermind, there were just not in the skill bar.

2 Likes

If you do end up getting to level 100 and still struggle with finding gear, I have a lot of spare Belgo pieces and could give you some.

2 Likes

Noted :smiley: thanks

1 Like

If I play melee build or channeling spell, my primary goal is to reduce the number of skills. More buttons reduce the time you click on your main attack and interrupt it.

If the main attack is one with cooldown, I have no problems using multiple buttons in the meantime. And some classes are prone of using more skills.

3 Likes

Do keep in mind Belgo is a single-target destroyer, but requires skillful piloting in SR and Crucible. I die a lot in Shattered realm with careless play, and after multiple improvements for durability (warcry and ghoul)

2 Likes

Ha yes, of course SR and crucible… It’s some kind of barbecue sauce right?

3 Likes

yep, really spicy and it makes some people salty

3 Likes

Very spicy sauce. These are end game challenges. Shattered realm is defacto part of the campaign. Shards of enemies, deaths can cost you timer but endless amount of restarts. Have some unique challenges and random combination of enemies.

Crucible is wave after wave of all kind of pre-determened enemies in tight-space arena. Mixing Grim Dawn with tower defense.

2 Likes

Well, i’ll see that when i will be ready. And if my build will not handle it, i’ll restart again :smiley:

That’s gonna be one of the best 28€ ever spend :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello,

I once again need your help, i don’t understand, really i must had a stroke or something because everything in this game seems off.

I start a witchblade, 2 handed, with a hammer physical damage. My main attack is cadence. Nothing weird for now.
In occultist tree, i use frailty and i wanted to try solael witchfire.

I have 1 point in cadence and 1 point in solael, my hammer does physical damage. Why the hell when i turn on solael i have like 25-35% more damage?

I mean it add some chaos damage ok, but the buff is for vitality damage and i don’t do any with cadence (i think).

Can someone explain me the math here cause i’m lost, totally.

Thanks

I can explain.

Cadence deals flat physical damage, which will be multiplied by % physical damage you have.

Then this skill have % Weapon damage. Every piece of flat damage type, no matter which exactly will be added unless converted. So chaos damage from Solael will give you little boost, ofc physical is still your main one.

If you just look first page and not second you will see DPS increase also because of the attack speed bonus from Solael.

1 Like

Thanks, but that didn’t explain why solael give me more damage to cadence.

Without solael : cadence 98-433 / Normal 44-302
With solael : cadence 131-466 / Normal 70-327

And when i read this :
0.5 Active Energy Cost per Second
75 Energy Reserved
8 Chaos Damage
+8% Vitality Damage
+8% Vitality Decay
+1% Attack Speed

I don’t understand why this gave me so much more damage to my physical hammer with a physical attack.
I’m sorry if i bother you and you must think i’m dumb, but i really don’t get it.

I saw the attack speed, but 1% will not give me that much of a boost, right?