Newbie need advice for build

Nightblades and AOE in the same sentence…the irony

1 Like

You should reach out to anonymous altoholics. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Since you can respec characters, focus on some aesthetically pleasing skill and try to finish the story mode/quests.

Grim Dawn also have good end game content for single player game as well.

3 Likes

Yeah, but i didn’t even understand the beginning of the story. The english is really hard to read with really complex word for a non english speaker.

I did the same at diablo 2. I played for 8 years and was never able to going through the entire hell. :smiley:

2 Likes

I must admit, I’m the opposite. After levelling my first few chars slowly and enjoying the ride, I now rush to lvl 100 and endgame. The endgame is amazing in GD.

1 Like

Any build recommendation?

I love a build who you need to play, with more than 2 skill :smiley: Primal strike build was powerful but boring, as demolitionist with rifle.

2 Likes

True enough.

I did start with the good intention of reading every lore note during my journey but it’s pretty time consuming task. So not sure how familiar am with the story. Also translation to my native language is covering only the base game (haven’t actually tried it). But the vast majority of possible builds have kept me in the game. Gotta try them all. Probably shouldn’t mentioned this to you. :smiley:

Also build, rotation caster?

2 Likes

One day, i’ll achieve endgame, promise. Just need to understand the story and find THE build :smiley:

1 Like

Nope, you done messed up

Yeah anything with more than 2 button. Soldier were fun but melee and not so much aoe…

Most skills start off pretty powerful, they will start to fall off mid to late game.

Haven’t played Forcewave I take it?

yes i tried, but i didn’t like the cooldown. i love the fact that you had button for buff, for buff your shield, a dash etc

Similar to Primal Strike, there is modifier for spam FW

2 Likes

:expressionless: That’s why now the game is in french. Even the explanation of the skill are complex to read in english

1 Like

I like builds with 6-7 active skills, perfect balance. I mean 6 skills to be used, not necessary attacks.

From my recent guides, the Vindicator somewhat match this requirement. Wind Devil, Totems, Storm Box, etc.

Fire/burn Demo caster is also good idea. For instance fire Shieldbreaker can use Canister, Cocktail, Judgement.

2 Likes

Could you, my dear fellow, link me some of those build?

Because there are tons, but i don’t know the one who are good or not.

2 Likes

This is the Vindicator: [1.1.2.5-1.1.9.1] Beginner's Lightning Vindicator caster

Majority of builds don’t have leveling guides, so don’t how much helpful would be. I might start leveling fire caster, since it sounds fun. And straightforward enough. Especially blackwater cocktail is nice skill for fire damage. Have transmuter for CD version and Zarthuzelan boss in Steps of Torment drops nice off-hand for it.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot.

I don’t need a leveling guide tho, i don’t follow them :smiley: I just wanted to see the end build and adapt while playing but knowing which skill i need.

<3

2 Likes

Grim Sheet emphasis on builds strength and you can decide what’s you target based on skills used. But end game require certain specific gear parts, so some of these builds will be difficult to achieve.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I look at build for a general direction to go with my char, and when i will arrive at endgame (someday), i’ll follow the build to the letter then.

I just saw you wrote a sh!tload of build and guide, i’m gonna look at that.

Thanks for doing that, that help a lot people like me :smiley:

2 Likes