Next Thing Discussion

Thank you for the welcome! :smiley:

I know I can take them off the hotbar, but in doing so, you don’t have a more obvious way to tell if it’s off cooldown or not, so an independent indicator for that would be very good to have.

To be honest it’s very nitpicking, the game is already great as it is. Thank you for replying tho! :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh my bad dude, I misread your query.

Yeah it’s quite the game and the community isn’t bad I heard ….:wink::joy:. It’s always nice to see polite newcomers here who are appreciative of the devs’ work and don’t come off bitching and complaining lol.

1 Like

Interesting defensive relic choice after buffs. I think it misses a little bit to compete with +skills relics and especially with Serenity (that is also basically a defensive relic but with +1 to all skills).

Suggestions

• 45% phys damage should be ~60% to all damage. I think this is very much a tinkerer’s belt situation where you can sacrifice a lot of skill points in the slot for some big defensive perks and still maintain decent level of %damage. It will make it more appealing to squishy casters (because for now it seems to be tailor made for Avenger builds that don’t really need that many more defenses).
  • proc could contain some flat regen as well. Or maybe have a lower cooldown for more burst healing.
6 Likes

I agree that a stash mod is a great tool, but having recently switched from PC to console I would not mind some extra space, considering you can’t use mods there.

1 Like

Yep, since the game already in its “late maintenance” cycle I don’t understand why they can’t give us more stash space, the game revolves around incredible amount of various builds to play after all. I have used gd item assistant before, but no cloud saves and no console support is too cumbersome to deal with. Plus I don’t like to rely on mods that much.

I understand this has been brought up countless times and that we realistically wont get any stash increase (same deal with permanent wind devils), however stash space, rainbow text and potions cd ui are qol updates that will only benefit the playerbase imo.

1 Like

It’s simple.

2 Likes

its more than stash space. Beyond a number of items, you’ll have a hard time keeping track of what you have and what you still want.

2 Likes

Well, having to rely on mules (not being aware of stash tools at the time) was one of the reasons I stopped playing TQ (after a certain number, keeping track of mules and sort stuff is just pain and funless work) - and without GDstash - I would surely have left GD long ago - as I just dislike the artifical limitation (in a single player game).

The slightly ironic part is that most items are just stashed away and rarely used - but having the option to stash things, to decide what to keep and what to drop and to check “my” item list is important for me. And as Grim Internals has shown, having to “rely” on an extern tool which is made by someone in its freetime, can backfire (for its users).

But resizing the stash would imho not help that much, every limited stash will end at a certain point of time. And the current size is good for its (assumed by me) purpose while still bad for collectors. But having an in-game option for collectors (or people who just cannot throw away stuff), like a Ultimate-only trader only available after finsihing the game with a permanent endless “stash” (and a good sort and search function) and low buy prices but relative high sell price in addition to the free shared stash would surely be welcomed by some (at least by me) - even if I don’t expect such an addition.

Well, and if I already state wishful thinking: a SSF mode for new characters would be fun

Indeed space and keeping track.
I also used tons of mule/stash chars b4 being forced into using GDStash for QoL & for the sake of my sanity.

And I honestly don’t see why a bigger stash or even “bottomless box” with a search function would be a bad idea. :thinking:

About beating a dead horse… good.
Keep beating that horse until it’s cooked through and when that horse is done, beat another one. (poor horses… :horse: :wave: )

1 Like

It’s been quite a while since then, and things like playing league highlight how frustratingly small shared stash is, particularly for Hardcore.

I think reasonable allowance is the following 7 tabs:

1x components, warrants, etc
2x greens (i.e. one for below 94, one above (goes for the below too)
2x blues
2x legendaries

I mean it could be any combination within the 7, but I’m just highlighting practical use cases. In hardcore, where you lose your personal stash, the shared stash is painful, and mods should be an unnecessary solution (to a point).

1 Like

A components (“Currency”) stash or even bag was also suggested ad nauseum.

Let’s just say I’m glad that components can be stacked at all.

1 Like

This is in major redesign territory I think, but I’ve been thinking about this for a while now that not many Inquisitor build put more than 1 point on Deadly Aims. This got me thinking that to swap both the %All Dmg and Crit Dmg to %TDM, 3% at lvl1, 8% at lvl12, and 12% at lvl24.

they 1pt it because 1pt usually breakpoints it
there are some that invest more, either if the 1pt doesn’t reach breakpoints, or if they have spares and feel like pumping it purely as their source of OA, or just extra crit
TDM would be kinda nuts, imo, remember it stacks multiplicatively with other sources of TDM, and would apply to everything, where as crit currently only applies to some attacks

How can Valguur’s Hunger set become a functioning Bleeding set?

One of the reasons Bleeding damage is so niche is because pure Bleeding builds is basically 50 shades of Bloodrager. Meanwhile Valguur has Bleeding damage on all pieces and Bleeding damage bonus for two-piece combo (even some bleeding damage on its off-hand’s proc). What’s stopping it from being a functioning Bleeding set already? Well, the skills it supports don’t have bleeding damage except Siphon Souls. All while two of three masteries that Valguur supports have Bleeding resist reduction and Shaman has a bleeding exclusive skill.

So what can be done?

Add bleeding damage mods to Storm Totems, Sigil of Consumption and Siphon Souls.

Now I know I have just been campaigning for more interesting mods for Bleeding items in this very thread. But the nature of Storm Totems, SoC an SS is that they don’t really need radius/duration mods as Bleeding sources (well SoC needs it but how much SoC needs to become a decent skill is another topic). So here it’s a question of adding adequate “x bleeding damage in y seconds”. Now of course values for ST should be the lowest as Totems will stack it while values for SoC should be very high.
All those values can be adjusted during another play test.

EDIT: Adding -15% bleeding resist to Siphon Souls as a set bonus (to mirror -15% vitality resist bonus it has) would also go a long way here.

But why bother with adding this stuff so late in the game?

First of all, should be very easy to do. Just add x bleeding in y seconds bleeding mods and copy translations from existing x bleeding in y seconds mods. Secondly, Bleeding damage could really use some diversity. And Valguur set is already half way there.

10 Likes

Valguur as another “new” bleeding set would indeed be very cool to have!
Great idea imo!

While we’re at it there’s also this super cool “blood sigil fx” some enemies use… maaaaaaaaaaaaybe add that too should valguur indeed become a bleeding set. :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Definitely a great suggestion since the set is thematic to that, but on top of that I would also like to add… Please casting speed on the gloves so we can actually sustain the skill rotation… Same issue with dark one too.

2 Likes

I would like to second that.
Adding some cs % on gloves wouldnt break or blow the sets outa the water but greatly increase the feel of gameplay & QoL.

I am not sure what is going on here, but since the birb was summoned, for those looking into cold pets using Bys trinkets -

Boro already linked my lazy budget pet conjurer for those who just want to run around and collect loot most of the time. The endgame version of that -

In the AoM era you could summon 2x Birbs with just a single item - Mythical Will of Bysmiel - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database
You could combine it with full Beastcaller for 2x Familiars + 2x Briarthorns and this was when Birbs had 100% all resistances by default and you could summon both with a single click.

Forgotten Gods saw the 2x Birbs thing being moved to a full set and when I was killing superbosses and doing SR with mono class pet builds (Birb Occultist), I made the mistake of asking a certain someone to let us start in higher shards in SR (which much later came as Death’s Waystone) and he was like “hm… birbs have too much resistances and it is from a bygone era, so lets nerf that”.

I still haven’t recovered from it.

Winterking weapon cold pet trickster - Many have tried, including myself, but while I cannot comment on its current state, it was underwhelming back then. I have no idea why.

5 Likes

A bit offtopic, but this player recently did a decent job of winterking pets. All content is a fair milestone.

It was a interesting use of a full set that typically would never see use outside of the meta pet build where the set adds an extra mastery summon to the team. And it is an example within the discussion many posts back on this thread - about pet items uses and not all are straight-forward.

2 Likes

Some thoughts from an ex-Path of Exile player that started this a couple of months ago:

Quality of life improvements are some of the most welcome, but least thought about improvements. A couple of things that could make the game much better/less annoying:

1. Make buffs persistent through death and logout/login.
  2. Make non-duration based pets persistent through death and logout/login.
  3. Make a way to reset a specific zone so you don’t have to quit and start over the game again. I don’t know how major of a change this would, given how the named spawn system works in the game.

Leech feels too strong, and also feels more or less mandatory for almost every melee type build. Conversely, health regen feels very weak and not worth the trade offs except for specific builds.

For the lost souls set, consider adding in some summon skeleton CDR or +summon amount, as in SR70+ any boss with good AOE damage shreds them. The set takes up the same item slots that monster infrequents that would bridge the gap use.

4 Likes