Next Thing Discussion

If you are adopting some of the functionalities from GrimInternals could you also add a true DPS meter?
Such as:
-detail break down how much of a skill contributed to overall DPS: how many times it was used, number of times each skill crit
-detail break down of the damage type
I’ve written a such thing and it’ll be better to be integrated into Grim Dawn instead of some add on, see below:

2 Likes

изображение

Another one of those legendary weapons that has dual support for melee and casting and yet it only has melee stats. Vitality or Bleeding casters would love to use it but lack of CDR and/or casting speed coupled with the fact that it’s a mace (so %damage roll is much lower than on scepters/daggers) make it extremely unappealing.

Suggestions

• Add cdr/casting speed
  • Add duration to Bleeding/Vitality decay rolls

Its melee part is actually also extremely underwhelming. One-handed Blade Arc is already pretty weak and all this weapon does is it gives some in-built flat and no points to the main skill or to Soldier. I’d say give the weapon +1 to Soldier, flat Vitality roll and something like 40-50% weapon damage to BA (and probably + 3 to BA) to make it an interesting alternative to any generic two-hander.

6 Likes

44 posts were split to a new topic: Clairvoyant Discussion

Mythical Exonerator was talking to me the other day about how he’s kinda sad that lightning cadence isn’t very good and that he only has one skill mod. He mentioned the storm touched bonuses sometimes make him mad because someone will pick him up to try pistol savagery before throwing him in the gutter in disgust because pistol savagery never works out well. So for his benefit, I said I’d be willing to come to the big scary forums and ask for something. I told him I’d really swing for the fences. We agreed he’d never be happier than if he got a mod to allow for pistol primal strike!

4 Likes

Holy shit yes please!!! Ranged DW primal strike sounds sooo juicy…

Sorry for off-top, but since you are using Siphon Souls, maybe Mythical Mark of Anathema is a better fit (considering its mods to Siphon Souls)? Is Ill Omen better for damage reduction than Ravenous Earth?

it would be for the debuff but you’ll lose a lot of damage by replacing namadea

it is because it spreads.

I would also like to add as a suggestion that crit damage mods on codex of lies and pulsing shard should be increased to 30% for the damage mod to be noticeable while also adding vit dmg% to pulsing shard since it clearly hints for that pairing of damage types, also i would like to suggest replacing chaos damage on both codex of lies and albrecht’s duality with vitality damage%. Chaos aar will always use either fiend’s resolve or blackflame set, and about albrecht’s duality, that chaos damage% is nullified by the global conversion, so there’s no point for it to be there instead of vit%.

2 Likes

its great if you’re happy to start fighting a celestial today and finish the fight tomorrow.

1 Like

What Celestial?

• Lokarr ~ 30 seconds.
  • Morgoneth ~ 40 seconds.
  • Mogdrogen ~3 minutes 30 seconds.
  • Clones of Bourbon ~2 minutes 30 seconds.
  • Ravager ~3 minutes 10 seconds.
  • Callagadra ~7 minutes 10 seconds (there was no day/night change in the video).
  • Crate ~1 minute.

Believe me, not everything must be Sonic-like.

2 Likes

Pardon me but some of those times are :yawning_face:. I believe its normal that all builds share a common line if build properly.

Of course they are, with my casual skills. Even then calling them “start today - finish tomorrow” is such an exaggeration.

This reminds me of a small critique of Diviner.

It has nice pet bonuses, but not good player bonuses, as 2 piece have either aether or vitality damage. That is actually detrimental to both player and hybrid builds. It doesn’t matter for a full pet build, even if that full-pet build decides to pick some player skill by accident :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. The % damage will still be ~1k.

All Diviner pieces should have both % aether and % vit. So this means chest and shoulder.

1 Like

Ravager time may look long comparing to auto-attacking/chanelling/face-tanking builds, but all the rest are pretty solid, ok somebody can kill Crate in 25-30 secons, but 1 min is still pretty decent.

1 Like

Honestly, the celestial buff is a weird thing to ask but I feel like in order to feel powerful, we need powerful foes. Unless they have been quietly buffed from time to time, a little more significant wouldn’t hurt. They are celestials after all… and I really like that :banana: idea.

In the world of Cairn, there are a lot of broken bridges, rock-blocked paths or disconnected areas. The map shows them all…

Suggestion: If any of those broken bridges, rock-blocked paths or disconnected areas are approached from the “other side” (later in the game), ALL OF THEM COULD BE REPAIRED or BLOWN UP, so the world is MORE CONNECTED AGAIN.

2 Likes

That just makes it like Last Epoch where resistances mean nothing and you get 2HKO’d by a tertiary attack instead of actually focusing on the main mechanics of the boss fight. The damage is fine (I haven’t even killed Callagdra yet, I know it does even more damage than Ravager, which is hard enough for most builds). We need good DPS + tankiness checks in the game and these bosses are great examples of those. Please don’t make them worse by arbitrarily adding OHKO abilities to them.

As for Reap Spirit, the bigger issue is that it’s a combined direct damage + DoT skill that forces you to combine two very unsynergetic types in Aether and Vitality. Vitality Decay is an awful damage type to maximize for, so you’re left with an uninspiring Aether damage component. I like the skill cooldown mod for it, but for Clairvoyant, you’re using AAR 99% of the time and only using Reap Spirit to proc devotions or something like that.

Though it would make for an interesting experiment to see what happens if you double AAR damage while removing the leech from it and buffing the Clairvoyant heals like we mentioned in the “remove leech from everything that doesn’t require it” section. I mean we already have Drain Essence for “channeled skill that heals,” why not make AAR a certifiable nuke that’s sustained by Claivoyant set procs?

2 Likes

Yeah, we can also make, say, Homestead dummy do X dps of random elements to the attacker. Will be very close to what Ravager, Calla and Mog are now.

A boss fight should be a boss fight, a challenge, a skill/knowledge check. Not a stat check. You can’t “focus on the mechanics” if the majority of them are nearly unavoidable dmg income.

2 Likes

Addendum to my post:

8 Likes

Is this like a real thing that is going to occur or an idle threat? Serious question.

Doesn’t anyone else here feel that everything based on a time metric is just the wrong direction or am I just stupid?

Fundamentally what is a super/uber boss suppose to do/be when a player finally gets there? I am sure that during development of there said boss it wasn’t “I think when a player gets there, they should just be able to face tank it, yeah sounds good…”

Man, I clicked on your guide that you linked earlier and than you say literally this:

So build does not have “great aoe clearing speed” (spoiler: SR is oftentimes cleared faster by single target damage monsters), all right, and then you, yourself again say this

That’s a very slow Ravager kill for a synergetic build with a dedicated items and massive items support. Now given that yours was not assembled optimally and real timer is between 1:50 and 2:20 depending on the flavour of the spec it’s still a pretty mediocre time.