Next Thing Discussion

The point is, and again, it’s nothing personal or not to flame you, the point is that in my opinion if your Sorc had been put together a bit better then maybe Darkblaze amulet could be changed into the options that bring more value here, both defensively and offensively.
Like same with skills and exclusive, Star Pact for example would’ve shortened your cooldown on Mirror/Ghoul/Blast Shield/Scale and improve your surivability. Nullification is a very potent skill in tight spots. Having more damage (unfortunately 2150% in Fire + 680 in Spirit on single RR specs is not enough to tackle this game’s endgame content with vulnerable specs like spam BWC builds) means having shorter fights and less awkward/perilous situations, etc.

The recent discussion about IK sustain that @mad_lee & @lMarcusl had got me curious about the whole spam BWC thing so I took it upon myself to have a go at it too.

What I found is that the whole conversion thing forces you into making too many sacrifices & my damage ended up being a total mess and the sustain from bat felt very mediocre as well imo thx to the overall dmg % being on the low end.
Therefore I took the route of relying on devo procs like dryad, wayward soul, giant’s blood, turtle shell, arcane barrier & phoenix fire together with blast shield & mirror from demo/arca. (also aether cluster as “oh shit” and last resort option vs bosses)
I was very hesitant at first since I’m usually not a fan of proc devos to keep me healthy but glad I decided to try anyways so I’ll let the results speak for themselves here:

Sustaining in SR felt fine even when facing off VS the likes of Grava (bit of kiting needed) & Maiden.
Clearing trash/champ packs wasn’t an issue as well and when things got rough mirror was there to safe the day.
Furthermore null was very helpful in removing annoying debuffs/dots and debuffing strong foes that deal elemental dmg.

To my own surprise the toon even managed to down our beloved & favourite cannibals pet the :deer: .

Stutter step kiting was being used during the fight while paying close attention to (de)buffs & cooldowns of skills.

Overall sustain felt fine like this HOWEVER now we come to the part I see issues with, which is the dmg output of spam BWC.
Yes, while this toon has been able to tackle SR 75-76 & even the :deer: the process wasn’t exactly a fast one.
Imo spam BWC dmg takes too long to ramp up and could use some help.
Help in the form of fire % dmg & burn % dmg with burn duration % on the IK set as bonus + a fair amount of +levels to demon fire would be very helpful.

That’s it for my feedback on the matter.
Cheers, Mergo.

3 Likes

Hail Mary but how about a way to unlock savagery transmuter/equivalent on pistols/ludrigan? Ludrigan+dagallin pistol setups are slow and glassy right now, rf has no reasonable support for lightning focus, and barrelsmith is poorly moonlighting AA vs caster. Ludrigan set also blocks savagery medal, which may be the goal but really makes the chilling rounds support lame/hard to build into

4 Likes

31 posts were split to a new topic: Infernal Knight Discussion

I’d be really curious to see that. Lately I’ve had many discussions with my friends about boss design in diabloids (POE, last 2 Diablos, Lost Ark). I initially argued that GD bosses are, mostly, stat checks.

However, upon further thinking, that’s not true. Bosses in GD absolutely have mechanics - it’s just that any well-made build doesn’t interact with 99% of them. To the day I have no idea what Morgoneth actually does, other than that “he nearly oneshots me and then dies”. Some time ago I’ve seen Zantai say that eye mechanic from TQ Grey sisters fight is also present in the game. Which left me scratching my head and genuinely thinking “where???”. I still don’t know.

Having at least celestial bosses as interesting, mechanics-centered spectacles would definitely be a fresh touch.

1 Like

The three bosses in Port Valbury. A buff passes between them and each time one dies, the other two get stronger.

1 Like

Can the Scions get cast speed added? Scion of the Screaming Veil - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database doesn’t have the CT mod anymore but still has +4, no cast speed. Selfishly I’d love to see cast speed on Scion of Arcane Force - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database as well as it has a multitude of uses as a general conversion beat stick, but capping cast speed on elemental or light/cold warlock is super tough.

1 Like

And soulblade too while we’re at it

Currently there is no way to convert Pet Vitality to Aether, right?

none

1 Like

NotLikeThis

My hopes and dreams of a build I thought about for like the previous hour, shattered

Maybe there could be an indicator when an item has roll’d a perfect roll, just to add to the excitement of it! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t have very constructive and complex suggestion… But please, reverse the Colossal Grasp nerfs. That combined with the Octavius nerf was a bit much, I think. The gloves are useful outside Octavius. They are the only shield passive bonus item in the game as far as I know…

Pyran full set skill could use a facelift btw. It looks pretty much useless.

2 Likes

+1 to that.

Uptime/downtime on supported skills (Devastation & Mortars) is too high even if spec’d into Star Pact. :-1:
Furthermore the granted skill is (excuse my language) a f***ing joke.
Dmg. on it is bad, it adds no form of sustain thx to the lack of weapon dmg % on it and is overall just a waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse option compared to stormfire. (which, btw, even profits from pyrans lightning to fire conversion on the helm on top of that!)
Lightning rr % to GoE is odd too. Would be better if it was just a 10% extra ele rr % imo.
Staying power isn’t exactly good either.
You are either forced into going for a weird & dmg lacking regen devo route with LoE or go for one with a fair bit more dmg but alot less reliable route with chariot, turtle, dryad, behemoth.

My suggestions to helping this set would be the following:

• flat cdr to both devastation & mortars, the downtime is too high and uptime not good enough
  • buff the granted skill (pyrans pyre) by adding a fair amount of weapon dmg % to it
  • change the fire / light rr % bonus to a % ele rr one
  • to help with the durability consider some extra phys. res. on the set bonus

On another note I would also like to adress the granted skill (apocalypse) on the fire devastation amulet.
(m. herald of the apocalypse)

• the granted skills cooldown feels a bit to high imo & maybe reduce the area where meteors land by a little as well.

Cheers, Mergo.

3 Likes

Could we get a blueprint for the Rage of Agrivix set?

I don’t see why it shouldn’t get one.

Also agree that the skill on full pyran is not worth anything. Dont even bind it to my toolbar because of zero advantages. %WD would be great

1 Like

Pretty sure the whole point of the granted skill not having %WD is so that Pyran is forced (kinda) to play as regen, which the set supports quite decently. The bigger issue with Pyran, IMO, is that when it comes to Fire Mortar Trap support, you do it better if you break the set and slap on a Terrnox offhand and Mask of Infernal Truth. You pretty much break even on damage and don’t have to deal with the woeful setup time. And you get to roll cast speed on the tome so whatever it is you’re doing as filler will work better. Maybe having some sort of proc on the head or offhand could make Pyran a little more interesting of an option. Like a regen boost on 60 % health or something, so the build gets to have better defenses than a custom setup and can go more heavily into damage on the devo path.

Would be better if that skill gor native adcth, making it like a fire Wendigo’s Mark or Maul, even if only 15-20%

That could indeed be a good option, some hp regen proc or failsafe. Anything is better than the current skill :slight_smile: