Next Thing Discussion

Two more thoughts:

Un-equipable items are marked red. Epic quality items are blue. This makes the red on blue look a lot like the purple of Legendary. Consider moving Legendary to another color, like orange? Also I would move quest items to a different color than rare crafting mats.

Remove the Heroic Spoils. All it does is mean I occasionally miss out on some loot due to the chaos. If it’s meant to solve the issue of too many items on the screen, SR shows that’s not too much of a problem, and you could always have the loot total up bits and other stackable items into a single drop rather than spooling out.

We don’t know how to save a two-handed summoner,and a no-set’s set .can we as described summon the giant white wolf?
Please Mr. zantai to have mercy northern king and give some bouns to this set.
冬王哭 Small, pathetic, helpless cry

1 Like

what… SR and Heroic spoils have nothing todo with eachother
aside from SR loot room being a fixed “static”/non action empty room, heroic spoils isn’t there to reduce clutter, it’s an RNG “container” for loot rewards dropped by enemies that otherwise would drop fixed/static loottable loot, that would need to be assigned to (all) the enemies direct
when you pop a heroic spoils orb you roll chance from like you’re opening good chests, about items generated “in the moment”; be it components, materials or epics/legendaries, removing them would reduce loot/rewards for (other) players
if you are missing out on loot from chaos, then “slow down” ?

A problem i noticed myself and want to address for the next patch is related to the way aegis bounces. The way it chooses targets and the ranges for it to bounce are sometimes inconsistent. Like for example for example i often noticed that in most cases in doesn’t reach the maximum number of bounces stated in the tooltip resulting in overall damage loss, its aoe radius provided is pretty small requiring the mobs to be stacked on top of eachother and last but not least, there are cases where it would bounce from a mob to another with decent range between them, and sometimes it would bounce from on mob to another being at close range one to another. As some evidence, i’m not the only one that noticed this aspect:

EDIT Last but not least, please replace the skill energy cost reduction on 3rd node with something of more significant use. The skill itself isn’t too demanding on energy.

Can we have permament Wind Devils? Maybe with base spawn limit of 1 (or a transmuter that makes them permement but gives -2 summon limit). I know the issue might be the Maelstrom but with limitations to spawn limit that should subside.

3 Likes

3 x maelstrom “can’t” have been the factor for why we don’t have perma devils by now
both because other pets exist that stack dot/multi attacks, like blade spirits or empys
but also, maelstrom actually gets increased dmg on summoning devils over and, and gets “less” (final total) dmg with 3 devils that are permanent/doesn’t get resummoned

I would just like the option to scale the damage number’s up without affecting the UI. I like to see the damage pop up :slight_smile:
(Also maybe an option for the map to stay uncovered in different difficulties if you’ve already discovered everything in normal, as it can be a tad tedious going through it all again.)
Oh, and color changes/rainbow mod effects so it’s less confusing for me to see upgrades, especially the rare prefix and suffix or whatever.

I am aware that this may fall within the ‘screaming into the void’ category, and if it does, that’s fine! But I will try anyways :slight_smile:

I love OFF, but dislike that it is basically unusable against freeze resistant enemies (most if not all bosses and some normal mobs). It is good design that OFF does not freeze bosses, and I won’t ask for a change here. What I would like, however, is that the cold damage and freeze duration were not tied together. Instead, that the two effects are separate, so that freeze resistant enemies still take the full duration of cold damage (and maybe fire res reduction?)

I have no idea if this would be overpowered, feel free to convince me that OFF is in a good spot at the moment.

I think it would be very interesting to have Shaman +2 on the Mythical Soullance
ranged vit primal in conjunction with Rotgheist, isn’t that exciting?

1 Like

Big “problem” is ranged PS of any flavor is vortex of souls or deal with slow pack clearing at end game, so would need a bit extra to goose it. Same with the green MI rifle, but Z has been resistant to ranged PS radius mods and adding passthrough to the MI broke the game :joy:

1 Like

You can get ranged vitality PS with VoS + Rylok Mark.

1 Like

I did another Defiler experiment: Aether Retaliation Defiler. I haven’t had much time yet to test it properly but first impressions are surprisingly good. Surprising, primarily, because I genuinely didn’t know that damage conversion works directly on retaliation damage. I always just assumed it only worked on RtA, for some reason…

However, it hurt to have to take suboptimal gear for the chest and shoulder slots, just to fill out the Fire to Aether conversion. I would have loved to use Mythical Divinesteel Hauberk for example. Could the damage conversion to Spectral Binding on the amulet be increased, or maybe a similar mod to Flame Touched be added somewhere?

If it’s meant to bridge the loot system in this way, just have it auto-pop itself invisibly. Having it require player interaction adds nothing to the game but an opportunity to miss loot.

1 Like

sure
but again, “as is”/currently, you’re only “missing” loot if you’re zoomzooming around :sweat_smile:

*either way you have to stop up, either to pop it, and/or to loot the spoils

Or let my loot filter do its job and show me only items I might want to pick up. The subject of the thread is having sub-5 minute SR runs, so I don’t get the anti-zooming sentiment.

Two QoL things come to mind for me: an option to increase cursor size. This would really help in clusterfucks in SR especially. I sometimes have to pause the game to see where my cursor is, it gets lost in the myriad of effects and enemies.

Second thing is: please please give us the option to break down aether shards into crystals. Yeah I know, farming them ain’t too bad but it’s really annoying to have 100 aether shards and no crystals.

7 Likes

Agree with your crystal suggestion! We also need a field of Ugden flowers!

Also to say in addition in terms of QoL related to the mouse cursor,

• Toggle option for dash/dunk skill to aim at the point where the mouse cursor is, not the enemy clickable box.
  • Toggle options that make the oval at the enemy’s feet the clickable box instead of the enemy’s silhouette

I would like these as well.

I can’t tell you how many times I have died because I clicked on a gargoyle or Grava wing trying to escape an enemy’s death stack with a medal skill and couldn’t get out of the way.

no it’s not
might wanna read the OP again
but again, either way loot orbs/heroic spoils orbs have 0 thing to do with SR (or crucible), because they don’t appear there, at all, it a Main Campaign “world” only loot source

not sure what you mean by that exactly, it can do that already?, but it doesnt’ change the comment about “you’d still need to stop up and loot” ie you’d still need to “slow down” if that’s what you referred to; since there is no auto loot of items/epics/legends etc

this a lot. Got caught and killed by Shar’Zul once because my dash didn’t move me an inch as my mouse was a little outside the arena.

Goredrinker

A set that has been introduced into the game quite late, a set that tries to tie three masteries together into a gory piercing bleeding action movie and somewhat succeeds at that. What works on it and what doesn’t?

Stuff that works

• Word of Pain part. Paired with Rend from Huntress devotion it clears stuff like no other. It’s really a nice flavour to Inquisitor’s multifaceted skill and it feels satisfying to use. Especially if you can get enough conversions to convert it fully to pierce.
  • HP and adtch stack. It makes set feels a bit different as it encourages you to scale your weapon damage and your flat health to make the most use of the set bonuses.

Stuff that kinda works

• Cadence. Set boosts Cadence in every way and yet it doesn’t give a single point to it. Here are two examples of Goredrinker Tacticians: Nadaan one made by me and dw one made by @afanasenkov26. Cadence itself is very hard hard cap or get close it. And it doesn’t hit hard. Plus the bonuses to it are a bit underwhelming. Something like a juicy 50% weapon damage bonus would help a lot (something that can be found on stuff like chaos gloves).
  • Lack of physical resist. Yes, set’s flavour is hp stacking, but set is also a heavy armor which heavily impeeds any meaningful Cunning investments that Pierce/Bleeding builds that desperately need. And it doesn’t even lean into the heavy armor thing - there is no %armor bonus or %absorb bonus anywhere. I’d say that if it has no phys res then having something like ~20% armor bonus on a full set will definitely help a lot.

Stuff that doesn’t work

• Vire’s Might part. It’s underwhelming af. We (builders that made top20) tried many different variants and they were all mediocre at best. For a pretty insane investment you have a skill that does pretty low bleeding damage altogether and then cooldown on it is too high to make use of its pierce part. I’d say adding a hefty flat cd bonus to Vire and increasing Vire’s Might native bleed would go a long way.

• Conversions. They are all over the place. Now that treacherous means belt and Nadaan both have their elemental to pierce conversions back**, set should also switch to elemental to pierce since those single element conversions hardly make any sense at all.

1 Like