Next Thing Discussion

Vire’s Might Goredrinker paladin doesn’t look too good actually. Numbers are a bit…lackluster.

1 Like

I’d like to add some things; this is my current spec Tactician, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (that I haven’t touched in a long time)
first of all, set has no phys res or whatsoever and sitting at 27% is kinda meh now.
second, set is heavy and provides only 44 flat OA from chest - this is pure joke, since it has sth like 2900 oa w/o temporary buffs and can’t crit against, say, Ravager. having both flat and % oa on set pieces would be nice.

this would be nice too. either add 100% ele>pierce for wop or replace fire conversion with ele one.

1 Like

I think 2h Cadence part works unlike dw version but generally I agree with others and yes I would like to see some CDR to VM and %armor on the set.

I have one addition though. Set should provide more VM points since hardcapping VM main skill is also PITA, tectonic shift is easy.

1 Like

yep, I made the similiar build around that time or earlier (or later) and even wanted to post it myself, because I liked it during the test patch, but then at the end of test patch it was nerfed a bit I think (like flat pierce to wop was removed) and I decided against it. And I have Nadaan example in my comment. It works, but I think as someone who played that build a lot you can agree that Cadence here hits very meh, it doesn’t really crack like some other Cadence builds.

2 Likes

Almost every piece of bleed cadence gear in the game gives bonuses to Fighting Form and none of them give points to Cadence or DM. That’s probably the easiest Goredrinker change to make right off the bat.

5 Likes

This is probably opposite of the affix cutdown theme, but what offends me most is not having a magic elemental damage % affix, or elemental rare/magic flat damage prefix. There have been quite a bit of additional elemental flat sources added on the devo side, which is great, but these can still struggle to find good %s or flat values.

Personal annoyance, dots on AA guns

This is the type of example Z yells at people for so don’t copy me here, but Deviltongue and Exonerator happen to show up next to each other so I used it as an example. Deviltongue has slightly lower base damage and no flat on the gun. Instead it has a dot, which doesn’t make a ton of sense for an AA gun versus maybe some caster/cooldown attack option. I thought it was due to item budget but then Exonerator gets both. Deviltongue has a fun proc but it’s not enough to bring the gun to relevance and would like to beg for a flat bonus or some other clever approach.

Phasebreaker is also in a weird spot still post passthrough rework. I don’t think a well performing tactician has made the light of day so I tried a warlord for giggles: Warlord, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (ignore resist issues, was doing a damage test). It performed better than I expected but damage is still subpar and flat is very hard to get to the needed levels. The flat damage mods on WPS aren’t super exciting, and comboed with pure elemental flat/% minor woes, leads it to just be a whatever gun.

Please feel free to tell me where I’ve gone off the rails as it’s highly likely

3 Likes

I am a noob enjoying this game for the first time and i trying understand the game mechanics.
Right now i am in early game deleting monsters with Word of Pain and i am having a blast :grin:

I see most people replying here are veterans because they talk about affixes and a lot of wording i dont comprehend.

What i would enjoy for this game next update is more QOL to help noobs like me understand the mechanics of the game so i plus one the integration of the grimtools thing into the game :smiley::+1:

Thanks GD devs for this great game.

Now back to enjoy my noob Word of Pain build :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This one may not be as popular, but if it could, can the option to remove background on main menu and adding zoom & animation be added as base game? :point_right: :point_left:

For fashion of course

4 Likes

I might be reaching here, but:

Perhaps (without the need for modification), could you perhaps implement additional loading screens that cycle at random??

• There are some GREAT artists on the forum that I’m sure would be happy to oblige if you guys are too busy with Final Frontier etc.
3 Likes

Yes! Glad I’m not the only one bothered by this.

Yep, a %WD mod or radius increase and partial passthru to Bursting round would be nice!

It’s in good spot with that one set that actually makes it function.

At the very least I think it needs to trigger bound devotions regardless of the freezing. Because even with set, some mobs are completely immune.

Hi,

let’s make a short list of items and skills, enabling dual wielding ranged weapons…

1. Ranged expertise - Inquisitor skill, supporting pierce and elemental (fire, cold, lightning) damage
  2. Gunslinger’s Jacket (+ their Empowered and Mythical counterparts) - supporting all damage
  3. Marauder’s Ammo Belt (+ the Empowered counterpart) - supporting fire and cold damage
  4. Pack of Deadly Means (+ the Mythical counterpart) - supporting acid and pierce damage
  5. Rutnick’s Blaster (all versions) - supporting aether damage
  6. Barrelsmith’s set (+ the Mythical counterpart) - two pistols, supporting lightning and fire damage
  7. Darkblaze Incinerator (set pistol) - supporting fire and chaos damage
  8. Korvaak’s Brand (+ the Mythical counterpart) - supporting fire, lightning and cold damage
  9. Pyroclasm Mark (+ the Mythical counterpart) - supporting fire and lightning damage
  10. Gunslinger’s Talisman - supporting elemental, physical and all damage
  11. Marauder’s Talisman - supporting elemental, physical and all damage
  12. Plunderer’s Talisman - supporting elemental, physical and all damage

But there is no item, enabling dual wielding two pistols, supporting
A) vitality damage
B) bleeding damage.

That’s what I would like to see next. Any item, enabling dual wielding pistols, dealing vitality and bleeding damage.

That would be the items supporting all damage…?

why should there be?, why does each specific dmg type need a specific dedicated dw enabling? - you have conversion if you use medal slot, or %all dmg if you use relic slot

what would be the point of dw ranged bleed? - it would suck with how bleed mechanics work, or “not work”/do much of anything at all…

now go over the melee options and see how there is not dw enabling for all dmg types for melee
yet that’s not being included in this request for some reason because ranged dw enabling is more special?

the thread is about reducing bloat, and you wanna increase it by adding a “redundant” modifier to items?,
but more so you don’t even know if that modifier would be placed on an item that wouldn’t even be useful to your builds, like if it got placed on an item/slot blocking place preventing you from equipping another desired item…

1 Like

That could be, but vit and bleed deserve more “direct” support, I would say.

It is a matter of convenience. For all other damage types there are items enabling DW ranged. And vitality with bleed don’t have that luxury. I feel it as a discrepancy.

Using plunderer’s talisman on a vitality DW ranged build is mandatory and you said it " … that modifier would be placed on an item that wouldn’t even be useful to your builds …"

Having an item with vitality damage / vitality decay damage and enabling DW ranged would be enough reason for me to wear it.

I am asking for only one blue or purple item, it won’t hurt anyone, it won’t lower the quality of the items or the game itself, or will it?

I don’t know, but I feel like you find my woes for item of any kind with vitality / bleeding damage and enabling DW ranged at the same time like I am asking for singing winged donkey. Like nobody would use it, with the only one exception - me… :smiley:

is it tho?
or is it being nitpicky? - since the options already exists

but melee doesn’t, so i ask again, why should ranged?

it is not, it’s one of the existing options

my meaning with that is “be careful what you wish for”; because it might not actually help you/but block you/force you into still using plunder relic or korvaak/pyro medal, depending where that modifier would be

it’s not about hurting anyone, the thread is about reducing bloat, in essence your suggestion would increase it (even tho rather innocuously), since it’s essentially redundant with the existing options

no, i’m suggesting maybe you didn’t really put much consideration into your suggestion and just requested it for suggestions sake/“100% item completion rate”
bleed is a special mechanic, it’s not something that you just do/so having an item with +bleed dmg and enabling dual wield would not actually “help” you make a ranged bleed dual wield build because that’s not enough to make a bleed build; plunder relic is a good example since it has %all dmg which is like +bleed - “if you can’t make a ranged bleed build with that currently another specific bleed+dw item would not change that/not make it any different”
because of how bleed mechanics specifically functions just having bleed+dw enabler would not make a bleed build happen. Sure it would be a dw build “with some bleed bonus”, but it would not be a dw ranged bleed, because bleed don’t work that way/a single item with +bleed does not create a bleed build nor make it viable or even “usable” as bleed
hence why i’m suggestion you didn’t actually consider it/the requirements, and just saw no bleed + dw and thus felt it should exist, even tho it wouldn’t be that useful to bleed and thus not that meaningful to exist, and was just suggested for suggestions sake.
if that makes sense?

Is there an item with vitality (+decay) damage and enabling DW ranged missing among the huge number of items in the game? It is.
Is it necessary to make such an item? I say YES. You say NO.

I completely agree that creating bleeding build is difficult per se.

When I create a (DW guns) build, one of the crucial condition for me is: Every item I am going to wear and declare as an endgame gear, it must inflict the corresponding type of damage. And with vitality build, I am forced to use Plunderer’s Talisman. It has “all damage”, which is nice, but my aforementioned rule now seems to be broken a bit.

I do want to avoid conversions, because it makes things much more difficult for me.
My builds are “the same” at lvl 30 and lvl 100 in the terms of gameplay. There is no moment, like among other builds, when the level 94 approaches and “ugly duckling becomes a beautiful swan”. In other words - the char changes the gear and the gameplay changes…

“Dual wielding melee weapons” - I don’t play those builds, so another voice / suggestion must be raised in that regard.

I am a librarian, I prefer METHOD over anything else.

technically not, because you have %all dmg, which is the same

it is not, %all dmg = +vit and +decay “since it is literally all” it’s literally the same

conversion items are available during levelling too

it does not, more so the fact you don’t even see it as relevant yourself, should indicate that your own ranged suggestion then lacks relevance too; since it’s not relevant for all dmg types to exist for you in all forms, “only the one you feel in the mood for at the moment” ie ranged but not melee, means clearly it’s not actually necessary for you/for the game to have it

Do you think every particular item in the game is the result of deep logic, when the item was planned and created?

I have a wish. And you are telling me my wish needs to be deeply deliberated. Why? Not everything in the life is determined or done by pure logic.