Official Grim Dawn Kickstarter Thread

That is INSANE!

Could you imagine what they could do with that much money? I bet they wouldn’t even know what to do with that sum of money. Ill be shocked if they get over $400,000 seeing how slow it seems to be going.

Maybe Medierra should throw in a watch.

I backed Shadowrun as well and this is what I noticed: the Shadowrun guy made several videos with his team. Isn’t this that appealed to the larger audience? Medierra and the team, I suggest you to do the same as soon as possible, not for us fans from the earliest hour, but for the other guys (floating guys), the potential backers.

5000 kickers!
A milestone, even if we all want it to boost even more.

I wouldn’t mind a video update, with some more gameplay :wink:

I think a video update would be awesome, and may help to keep the momentum going,

Alright, 5000+ backers. :slight_smile:

For sure, I wouldn’t mind another awesome video and it would help to bring in more people as well. the more you guys show, the better chance you will get that one guy that is curious. If that don’t work then if we can, move up at least one tier. That would generate alot of money :slight_smile:

If you check the updates area, the development video you folks are asking for is there. :wink:

Just watched the Sound and Music - Behind the Scenes video and all I can say is…

On a different note I was thinking of making a mock promo video for Grim Dawn where I get all my mates together for a LAN and as we try play Diablo 3 the DSL goes down and so we decide to try Grim Dawn instead because unlike D3 we will be able to play it offline! :slight_smile:

Well as you can imagine we all get addicted, lose track of time and before we know it days have gone by thanks to Grim Dawn. :smiley:

So it seems that the pledging has picked up since the update sound development video was put up. Hmmmmmm…

New plan! A new update video every day… Wait, that would inhibit the devs from working on the game… Alright, new plan #2! We clone the devs. The clones can make update videos every day while the originals work on the game, or vice versa. Then when the Kickstarter is over both the originals and the clones can work on the game doubling productivity! I am a genius! :rolleyes:

I just fell in love with the final music of the last update !!

As much as I like clones, this thread needs to get back on topic.

Has anyone form Crate been in touch with TB yet? In terms of raising the games’ profile, which is arguably all it needs, positive input from him could make a substantial difference and add even more impetus to the Kickstarter.

Err…send in the clones.

220K and 78% on the progress bar, discuss!

(go,go,Go!!!)

I just got the Hoarders Edition just now so were $250 closer now. :slight_smile:

IMO the packages aren’t that great which is probably explains why the numbers aren’t moving much.

for example, you have to pledge $85 to get the future DLC… why not included it with say the $50 or even $64 pledge?

Wasteland 2 KS brought 3X more money but also had better options which probably helped bring in a lot more cash.

I noticed someone else talked about this today. I’m not against that because giving more options = more ways for people to pledge. But the biggest issue is I don’t think they want people to downgrade from the 85 version. However what they should do is offer a package like your saying, then maybe give another digital incentive to the 85 dollar pledges etc.

The 85 pledge is digital so I suppose any additional digital content isnt a big deal.

Grim Dawn is still pulling in over $6,000 per day right now. If that holds all should be fine as far as meeting the goal. To exceed it, Crate is going to have to really entice people somehow, be it with a new video or something else to keep them excited.

I think a good gameplay video should keep things under control. I’m sure Crate’s under a huge amount of pressure stress etc now as well.