Okay it's a poll time!

4 Likes

Is it strange that my inquisitor builds donā€™t feel any increased threat?

Donā€™t mind, me flat absorb :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Worst thread title EVER!

1 Like

Now this is forever in my brain and canā€™t expunge. May Dreegā€™s foul pestilence infect your internal tracts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dear Z, Iove all the nerfs. Keep them coming. IT is also the time to tone down pets :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Angry birb is here!!!

1 Like

Having 40 characters, only 2 of which are able to participate in end-game shenanigans, i personally LOVE this patch. The effects of having a build that is suddenly weaker dont hit me at all, and the effect of playing through the entirety of the actual game from start to finish is a much more interesting and thrilling experience.

I could see how if i was someone with top tier builds that this could be frustrating. It does keep the game fresh, though. And more approachable if youre new to the game. Balance has to be implemented every time you add new content, especially with difficulty disparity. Patch has barely been out, and look at the history of Crates dev team man! The evidence shows us that theyā€™re going to produce the best possible product they can for us. Have you forgotten all the other awesome things theyve done? Give it some time, they have earned that much and then some.

1 Like

I forbid you to evolve even more.

1 Like

None of my 30+ builds were nerfed. Some even received a buff. So yeah, great patch :grava_yes:

also, the poll is broken, I canā€™t vote and canā€™t even hide the results. But it seems like a joke poll anyway :poop:

edit: oh just noticed the poll was closed. Good call, no serious discussion would ever have come out of it.

1 Like

Didnā€™t turn blue yet, we havenā€™t seen ultra instinct

I am working on making a blue template without the eyes as we speakā€¦

Damn, what a party and I missed it!

:beer: :partying_face: same time again tomorrow!

Pff, you missed the real fun in this one. :rofl:

1 Like

You deleted all the drama, I can recommend the uncut version of that thread!

Insta death mechanics have never been a creative or fun way to challenge the player. So many people I have spoken to in multiplayer games are struggling with even campaign content. Players are left without a fighting chance unless they copy a tried and tested forum build and even then many of them perform poorly now. But the devs must have an end goal with all these patches, hopefully things turn out nicely in the end. It would help if devs pointed out the metrics they use for balancing builds, because it seems that the forum community are the people who are actually doing the real testing.

Poll was closed before I got here but I would abstain anyway. Too many really good and really bad changes to settle for a simple yes or no.

I like this patch.

Iā€™ve noticed that in-game battles have to be fought more tactfully. In other words if youā€™re standing on crap which is damaging you, youā€™re supposed to move out of the ā€œcrapā€ rather than try to tank it. This is easier said than done in high SR levels due to bad rng mutators and boss combinations. Itā€™s not that easy to pilot in those rooms.

Probably why 99% of complaints are from Crucible and high SR players. The rest of us, itā€™s business as usual.

i agree that the poll was a little nonsensical, as most of the changes are almost universally enjoyed, like the QoL changes and new FX and the like.

the point is obviously the difficulty changes, that for now i think are ok. now there is two parts about these changes, the way they affect leveling and the way they affect end game.
for leveling, i only tested early Elite and it aws a refreashing experience, but iā€™ve yet to try Normal/Veteran and the buffed base game in Ultimate to have a definitive statement.
for end game, i think a solution would be to tune down the number of bosses/Nemesis in boss waves/boss chunks to account for the fact that a bunch of them are stronger. iā€™m happy that the old bosses and Nemeses are stronger but that also means even top tier build canā€™t facetank many of them anymore. and is it so unbearable than no builds or almost canā€™t stand against three Nemeses at once, or two Nemeses and two strong bosses ? Maybe that could allow builds which canā€™t make it to Gladatior 170 and SR 75+ anymore to do so again, whitout changing the difficulty balance again.