Old Grove Environment - VIDEO!!!

Great work !

Nice seeing everything in motion…weather effects look really fantastic.

Amazing !
I like the floating beholder in the background.
Thanks for the news !

Need more !

Got a friend of mine to post this on 4chan, might get some more publicity xD

This game looks too awesome to be true (especially keeping in mind how indie it is). Goooooood job.

That is awsome i love that rain! I hope this game will be as corny as two worlds where when it rains the guys like "rain again?’ :stuck_out_tongue: i like the leaves flying around and the shiny spheres of light…hell i love it all!

Now i cant go to school today! Its national grimdawn video day!

there’s 2 vidios up there from crate…or im losing me marbles…one all misty (38s long), the other clearer (45s long)…so i “liked” both of them:D

edit…i am losing it!!!..2nd ones gone??

no, you’re not losing it :slight_smile: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357

Very impressive! I really enjoy the dynamic weather! The more patterns you can randomize the better, and the transitions between them, man that’s awesome! The character popped out of the screen perfectly as far as I could see!

My only criticism, and this is my only one - use more color on the armor, something… that’s it though. I don’t know why, but I just can’t stand that the armor’s color is so similar to the background area. Add a tiny bit of vibrancy, just a little, even if it’s just in the later pieces of gear. Alright enough criticizing, I’m not trying to make you feel bad.

I absolutely love everything else. I understand the photo-realistic environment. I even understand these armors are probably low level armors, I just like there to be more color, purposeful color. Honestly, I’m not even worried about it, I just wanted to let you know.

Thank you so much for the video! I really can’t wait to see more!

Wonderful stuff! I’m so glad you guys decided to implement a rotable camera, it really shows off the environment. Me liked it and subscribed :smiley:

The dynamic weather system truly looks amazing. The falling leaves, rain, mist, awesome! I wonder if it’s taxing on the system though?

pretty sure I saw some monsters moving around

0:12 in the upper left corner
0:17 in the upper right - same monsters
0:27 panning across the upper midle, somehting blue with a humanoid monster behind it

it looks great

I saw them too. Next Video I hope to see “interaction” with them. :wink:

It certainly has a cost, although it doesn’t seem too bad even on a middle of the road new machine. For older machines, there are a variety of new graphics features that can be disabled, at which point the game should run as good or better than TQ and still look a little better. The number one factor though still seems to be shadow quality. Just turning that from very high to high seems to have a significant impact. Then turning off the advanced effects is also huge. So you could potentially do that and leave the weather. We also have quality settings for the weather.

All in all, the graphics vs. performance settings are pretty scalable.

The atmosphere is absolutely breathtaking!

Cool, great to hear you have so many tweaks to the settings. The bigger the potential playerbase the better. As an aside, are there differences for the game with nVidia or ATI in general? I’ve seen a bunch of games where one of either companies had a preference (or only allowed physics with either physX or Havoc).

Rhis and I are both currently running ATI cards, although it was just a matter of what we could get a good deal on while ordering systems. Other people on the team have nVidia cards. We don’t have any sort of deal with either company and couldn’t really care less. So if there is any difference, it will be accidental.

We’re also using an open-source physics engine as opposed to phys-x, so that isn’t an issue either.

Again, good to hear :slight_smile:

Again, good to hear! Thanks for the quick answer.

I finished my harvesting just in time to come back and see a video. What a nice surprise, this looks great the landscape is a nice fall scene. Will there be seasonal changes as well as weather changes in the game or is an area set in one season for all of the game?

Keep up the good work.

Seasonal changes would be a little too difficult and time consuming for us to make since we’d need multiple versions of each asset in an each environment. Also, having areas like this as unique environments helps give different areas their own flavor as opposed to just one larger environment that changes over time.

The idea of seasons does appeal to me though… maybe someday in another game. ; )