Old Grove Environment - VIDEO!!!

medierra - here’s a suggestion on the seasonal changes thing:

Maybe with a later expansion or something (if it’s possible at all) each difficulty would have the original areas rendered in a different season. For example the video in the OP could be rendered as fall in normal, then epic could be winter, then legendary would be spring.

Like I said, no idea if it’s possible but that would give some people more incentive to play through each difficulty as well, due to each area not being completely “the same” as it was in TQ and D2.

That said - video is really impressive.

I could imagine seasonal changes to bring huge timesink to developers. I personally can’t see any “quick” way to do it, if you want to do it well. But who knows… Just a hunch.

As for the video, I’m impressed. It had TQ written all over it, but it had more refined look, maybe because of the dynamic weather effects.

Now just waiting for video of some gibbing-massacre, loads of blood and dead bodies… But this will do for now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I could imagine seasonal changes to bring huge timesink to developers. I personally can’t see any “quick” way to do it, if you want to do it well. But who knows… Just a hunch.

Yeah, that’s why I suggested if they do it at all, to do it as an expansion/dlc.

Now just waiting for video of some gibbing-massacre, loads of blood and dead bodies… But this will do for now.

Yea! It would need a good riffy background song… I would say to use “Bodies” By Drowning Pool but that song is so freaking overplayed…

Yeah of course. :slight_smile: It’s just that I’d personally rather see more actual content added as expansions. I mean it would be very very awesome, don’t get me wrong, but also it would take time off from creating totally new environments to explore.

And I have a feeling the community is craving for more new places to explore way faster than small’ish group of devs can possibly deliver them to us anyway. And yet again, I’m all for this idea, if it doesn’t sacrifice too much resources. It would notably create more immersion and replay value.

These things are just double-edged blades to devs. I’m sure they would be all for it, if they had more manpower and resources to implement it. It would also bring the game out a little from the gray mass, since there’s seemingly very few games that has a seasonal features that are well implemented. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I had a random gut feeling to check the status on things today. Once I checked the site and saw that today the video was posted I was ecstatic. It looks fantastic and I can clearly see a visual improvement over Titan Quest. I love the ambiance created and the blowing leaves and sound of the rain is fantastic.

Thanks for posting the video! I think it was a good move and solid decision to show those of us still anxiously waiting.

Simply amazing! Bravi! Keep it up!:wink:

What were the settings and specs of the system running this demo?
Just trying get a general idea of what the specs of the game might be.

P.S. Amazing video! Cant wait for the Alpha release, you will see a WHOLE lot more of me here when the Alpha comes :smiley:

Awesome video. When it started raining I thought it was actually the wind blowing through the leaves. Either way it’s cool.

I want this game NAO! :smiley:

Cav

Thank you, 100 fold. Is it Bullet by chance?

Indeed it is. :smiley:

Grim Dawn runs just fine on my PC (8gig Ram, Geforce9800GTX+ CPU is quadcore). Also, runs great on my Macbook (Intel Core2Duo P7350 @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram I dual boot Windows Vista 32 bit), it’s the aluminum version bought it last year.
We’re doing our best to make it so that if you can play TQ you can play Grim Dawn.
Hope that helps.
B

Grim Dawn runs just fine on my PC (8gig Ram, Geforce9800GTX+ CPU is quadcore).

LOL. Oh yeah, that’s not a good computer at all. hahahaha, damn I may need to upgrade if you only run “fine”.

LoL…well by “fine” i mean totally BAD ASS but hey, I’m just trying to be modest;)
B

Runs fine on my end (3.2GHz Pentium, 3gig, GeForce 8800 GTS)

Ok that’s a better one, lol. And by better, I mean not totally out of my price range lmao.

Well if you can play TQ decently right now you’ll be able to play Grim Dawn:)
B

I knew a video was coming! It was too quiet around here. Looks so sweet, enough said really.

Fast moving thread you got here. Love the look of the weather effects and the environment. You guys have made a lot of improvements to the old engine, that’s for sure. It made me feel better about my preorder many months back, so thanks for that :).

Awesome… I can run it! lol

Will we see Grim Dawn 3D? :0

Awesome Video for a pre pre pre pre pre pre…!!!
I like the atmosphere a lot, and the leaves on the trees and the ground look really nice.

You should add some wind to the rainy weather that the leaves and maybe the trees move a lil bit when raining and it will look better than real life.
ok maybe not, but close :stuck_out_tongue:

I noticed that the character movement looks prety much the same as in TQ.
Would be nice to see other movements if you leave the character standing for a while, like scratching his butt, picking his nose, look bored, sharpening or reloading his weapon, reading a book, laying down to sleep, building up a tent and a campfire… whatever :slight_smile:

but so far: Great crate!!!

see y’all