Old screen intro

I miss the original intro of grim dawn with scenario red with ocultist there…i miss also mammouth hotttest girl…i dont like the man with muscles.

Yup still holding out hope that they will build in a main menu background switcher before they end development. Currently the only way to see these other ones is to disable either FG or AoM etc. depending on what you want.

This can be done one of 3 ways:

1. Use my tool here to easily play any version you want with a click:

[TOOL] GD Switcher v1.2

2. Manually edit your launch options each time you want to switch:

Play with friends although not everybody has the expansion(s)

3. Or simply uninstall the expansions. Which of course involves redownloading them every time you want to play them again.

Keep in mind that your characters are not backwards compatible. An FG character cannot play in AoM or Vanilla nor will your FG characters even be visible in the menus. You will have to create new characters.

Be mindful that if you do make these new characters and then switch back to FG these newly made characters will indeed be visible in the menu. Here they are safe but if you make the mistake of entering the game world with them they will then be converted to FG characters and would no longer be able to go back. So be attentive.

If instead you are more referring to the loading screens themselves you can mod them to be whatever you want… but you need to do a little bit of work on your own.

Custom loading screen

Hi, I think you want only the Occultist and Malmouth girl on loading screens. Here the link for you: http://bit.ly/NoFGmuscles
Note: extract and put the folder ui/loading in the game settings location “C:\Users\User_name\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Settings”.

Crate Entertainment is listening well to the community. This is a request that may be integrated to the Definitive Edition of the game, pretty soon. We just gotta give them the time and have faith in them. If it does not happen that only means they have other work and probably have other content in store for us.

I hope so too. Would be great if the main menu background scene was random just like the loading screens.
I don’t like the FG one as much as the other two. It’s too beautiful, kinda like a tourist destination for instagrammers :wink:

2 Likes

I like the FG one ‘overall’ and it fits the FG theme but it doesn’t beat out the vibe of the dark, gloomy AoM menu. Plus Gloomwald is one of my overall favorite areas - so I’m certainly a bit biased on it. Something about dark, creepy woods.

1 Like

Exactly. I was just looking at my old fashion dawn screenshots before FG. I miss the AoM menu so much!

1 Like

Well you can always use Switcher to visit it and sight-see the menu from time to time :smile:

(and cross your fingers that Crate is secretly making the menus switchable/moddable in the meantime)

They must be moddable in some fashion tho since @GlockenGerda is able to add in new elements to the menus themselves with GrimInternals.

1 Like

Sorry … I expressed myself badly. I wanted the old grim dawn and mammouth expansion menu screens.