One-Hander Feedback Thread

Mythical Arcanum Sigillis seems like an odd choice for PRM builds. For ele/aether PRM builds Mythical Panetti’s Replicating Wand/ Mythical Wrath of the Ascendant seems better. For this reason it is worth remaking for aether PRM adding mods -10% aether RR to PRM. Also need to add to skills PRM (Distortion and Proliferation). I’ve also prepared a list of items to add support to aether PRM:

1. Mythical Aldanar’s Vanity
  2. Heart of Malmouth - add % aether
  3. Mythical Aethereach

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8449
The Pummeler

Not that I directly have any problem with it’s overall bonuses, but rather with the RATA (12%).

Is this really a thing or more of a newb trap?
Had this bonus been on a 2h, that would of probably worked best (ability to spam, vs 1h being on CD)
And not only this, but such low number (12%) mean even at a whooping 300k+ retal (meaning moslty bis items/build that don’t even support any FW nods) that’s a measly 42k damage, and your FW won’t be near maxed, even further Smax, which is usually where this skill shines.

Any opinion?
At this point, I’d just get rid of this bonus. If not, it needs some major buff (50% RATA MIN to actually have some impact).

and @sir_spanksalot

I can only remove Corruption of Gargabol and Venomfire from my lists at this point. While it’d be nice for a fully maxed vitality BWC build, it remains that the performance with these 2 items exceeded initial expectations and the initial builds that were turning up for them.

Literally all sides of those items turned out better than I thought. If you still have suggestions for corruption of G and venomfire you can simply add them to the appropriate thread, but I don’t feel they need to be on the lists themselves anymore. I’ll read the rest of the feedback I got recently in these threads later.

Removed Corruption of Garbagol

@arcane_undo, are you running into energy problems as it is? Because it seems like you aren’t spending that much energy to begin with.
And are you playing self found? Because you could always change the res on the belt if you use GDstash to enable yourself to use m. mark of the forbidden (which has +3 energy regen btw)

EDIT: Regarding ghoul - it’s infinitely better than giant’s blood, I can garauntee you that. And fiend is miles ahead of wendigo

@adoomgod:

I’ve not tried this at all, and you probably won’t see it outside of some very niche builds. What it should do, imo, is to synergize with the conduit’s acid DE modifier.

Adding cold damage to DE here isn’t useful. Add acid damage instead.

Huge +1 on the +3 to DE. Heck, given how poor support there is for the reaper, +2 to necro wouldn’t be that bad either, esp because you’d want as many points into decomposition as possible.

@arcane_undo: Fair enough. Maybe try wriggling around with the belt to see how you can fix res?

You can always get aether res from irrah’s blood augments, which should also be a DPS increase

EDIT: ‘General’s’ + ‘of readiness’ look super juicy here

Acid DE support on it would be so awesome. Green DE looks cool as fuck.

1 Like

Since Star Pact change this item has no use. Relic of the old. On spammers and chanellers, outclassed by Wrath of the Ascendant due to no cast speed. ARR is strictly Clairvoyaint.

The druid side, a bit perfunctory… Why not explore it? +1 to shaman? -%aether res to Devils? Extra Devil summon? No armor pieces for that since Iskandra became strictly elemental but better a little something than a big nothing.

Another idea, make it melee to work with Theodin Mace and Krieg?

Yup, on my Drain essence Binder was tempted to use it, but no cast speed and RR proc of Wrath of Ascendant is big. So…

Just let it go from -1.2s to -2.0 or instead replace with +3 second duration to devastation.

(Cooldown is better because you get flexibility on recasting it in better locations this duration bonus should be bigger as it’ll often be Overkill in combat but feel really fun)

And then also add a bit of flat dmg to devastation. It’s been a long time since this item was top tier and I would like to see super devastation focus return. The build would have a lot more to compete with compar d to when spellbinder was king. The star pact change makes the above suggestions pretty safe.

Devastation has fallen to being mostly a supportive damage output on a lot of builds. It’d be nice to have this item push further to make it the focus.

Problem with devastation is the AoE. It’s hard to hit tiny targets with it. I wouldn’t mind 1.2s flat CD to devastation if it was paired with increased damage + larger AoE on each projectile, &/or smaller devastation radius

Frankly even just flat aether damage to devastation might do the trick. (obviously with big enough numbers anything does the trick). Increased explosion radius for each projectile would be interesting too. I think we have enough items tweaking the radius of devastation. I want something that makes it perform well in its default radius.

Is there any for aether devastation?

I don’t think so but that’s still not the point I was making. I don’t want there to be. When you find yourself suggesting a homogeneous solution I find you’re either missing out on a more interesting one, or you’re tapping into a deeper balance issue.

In this case the former. I much prefer your suggestion to just make the projectiles hit a bit harder and have bigger hit radii.

Gotcha. What would be cool though, was if it granted you a skill which let you spam devastation projectiles as a main attack :stuck_out_tongue:

If it gets that far isn’t it fine? I suppose it’s more an issue of similar items outclassing it as opposed to its individual performance at this point. Still 12-13 min is not bad.

Zantai doesn’t give two hoots about what’s consistent at SR60+ though.

The “problem” is not the item itself, so it is discussable (does this word exist?) if it should be on the list or not.

Let´s have a look:

• Flat Damage: Best Bleeding 1H-Legendary ingame
  • Health
  • Attack Speed
  • Procc is good (another Bleeding Source)

The build arcane_undo posted is nearly that how I started my Archon at the release of FG. The problem is the focus on Oathkeeper/Shaman and especially EoR. Bleeding EoR is not good compared to other possibilities, even with the additional sources of Scion and Sandreaver Bracers. It does not stack. And when combining Savagery with EoR, it gets really clunky.

Crucible time and can do SR60 is a decent starting baseline. But as I’ve said before even an already good item might see improvement or change if there’s another similar item that basically steals its identity/outclasses it.

Don’t let that stop anyone from suggesting changes to these items though. It’s worth mentioning that stuff in your feedback though. “Builds with this item can clear x in y time but you’d never pick this item because you can just pick this other item for the same slot instead and it’s better.”

No, it´s not. :wink:
But different thread.

Thanks. Removed from list. Expected the buffs would be enough.