One-Hander Feedback Thread

Updated corruption of garbagol, Zantai see arcane_undo’s feedback here: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/community-build-making-challenge-thread/87278/58

Updated spark of reality feedback to:
Apparently the cabalist side (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVl6KajN) worked out but the arcanist side is not. The Cabalist version could use more DA (I’d imagine the arcanist side would like that too) but I don’t know what else the Arcanist side needs.

I’m don’t have anywhere even close to the knowledge of anyone else here, but I think the Shard of Asterkarn, both levels, 50 and 84, is useful in a Trozan build for leveling until you reach the level where you can equip the superior Trozan set. This worked nicely for me along with the lower version of the Eastern Oath set until I actually reached level 94.

@adoomgod: not sure if you’re still interested in the venomlash, but I tested this a couple of weeks back in crucible - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2Jn0g72

By no means a top tier class, but it tore through it pretty impressively

EDIT: Though with the changes to DG now, it’ll probably do a lot better.

I’m a fan because it’s a non set build. I think that’ll about satisfy the conditions of the list. I worried it competed to directly with venomblade. Venomblade still outclasses it I imagine but at least you built very differently.

So yeah removing venomlash. Keep at it guys. One day we will have empty lists

Few comments though - it’s terribly squishy. Not a beginner build, I wouldn’t even use it if I were playing self found to farm cruci, if only because it has shite OA/DA, waht with the problems of acid builds.

Based on someone else’s build with those shoulders I was going to just suggest the shoulders get 400 or so health for a little extra wiggle room against burst damage

Health isn’t going to make/break the thing. Kymon is the most terrifying guy because his fire shotgun thing whcih he blasts out from his chest wrecks you.

EDIT: And this is with 4 buffs, 1 banner

I also need to use GG rolled kuba pants to fix CC res.

Problems with the build is basically the same as my complaints about radaggan - no OA/DA to be found (note 22/12 LA + 26/16 BoD and still meh OA), no CC-res, etc. etc.

I’m aware. But I’m not trying to make it everything top tier. Health does help and I think it’d put the shoulders at “good enough.”

If you make every item fantastic you just end up with some broken tier stuff. Would you prefer a CC resist on the shoulders? Which?

Apologies bud. Just trying to be thorough :p. If I were able to buff the shoulders with 1 thing, I’d select one of the following (in descending order):

1. More relevant resists - i.e. elemental would be nice
  2. Stun/freeze/slow res - anyone of the 3
  3. DA/OA
  4. Health

No apology needed. Didn’t mean to sound like I was rebuffing you. Was simply elaborating on why I thought of a chunk of health. That and I find health chunks ate underrated.

I’ll update my shoulder thread with the above feedback and my own thoughts later.

If you want, I can upload the character file for you/others to test it.

That’d always be great

_The real spin2win.zip (483.2 KB)

Thanks. Also, this next part isn’t directed at you but you made me think of it cuz of my health suggestion.

I find health is underrated in GD. Which is funny because it’s one of the reasons physique is so good, but also understandable because it’s not obvious in its impact like other defensive stats. Enough DA you stop getting critted and below a point enemies even do reduced damage.

Enough resists and with overcaps RR stops making enemies do exponentially more damage. But Health is really you die or you don’t and lots of factors play into the don’t, BUT.

In the heat of challenging combat there are plenty of times throughout a player’s playthrough where they are brought to the brink of death and then their sustain gets them back up. That’s partially thanks to health!

Imagine that every time your health is dropped to just a few hundred or so, that without one of the chunks of health from your items you’d have died instead. That’s impactful. It gives players breathing room they don’t clearly notice. Basically if you had less health you’d have a bunch more deaths on your record, but because you don’t have them you don’t notice how much the health is helping.

400 health on an 11k health build is another 3.6% hp. I know plenty of times in GD I’ve barely brought my run back from the brink of death. Health is fantastic! Health is a great stat (so long as you have enough of the other needed stats)! Health for president!

The problem, IMO, is the introduction of %health reduction, and that god awful -40% HP mutator.

Beefing up isn’t as effective as it was before. Minimizing the amount of damage taken, and being able to rapidly recover from any damage taken is probably what most top tier builds go for.

EDIT: For what it’s worth, and I’m probably preaching to the choir here, but that’s precisely why CC res is so coveted. Being able to gtfo of a sticky situation, or having sufficient attack speed/casting speed under 100s of debuffs to still sustain lifesteal is crux.

Well the -40% hp mutator isn’t as bad as it sounds. It’s not a -1.4x multiplier. It is factored against the +% health you have from your skills and builds.

So on your build above for example, 6% health from the pants, 3% from ghoul, 4% from manticore = +13% health. So your total %health value with the mutator becomes -27% health from +13%. Still I hear ya, it’s one of the rough mutators for builds that are already getting brought to the brink.

Take my WB WL for example. It has 18 - 19k hp in game (can’t remember).

I’ve noticed, that when fighting cthonics especially, my total health can drop down to 12k or so. The bigger my health pool, the harder the chunk.

Being frozen/stunned/slowed in that situation almost certainly spells death.

Another example - take my ulzuin barrelsmith spec ( https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN438rYZ )

I was completely unable to clear naked crucible (5% success rate) with my original build which had ~12k hp.

I changed the devotions from giant’s blood to ghoul and bat, + threw on fateweavers pants, and the naked clear rate rocketed up to 60 - 70% despite the total HP dropping to about 10.5k

EDIT: Wrong link. Naked spec uses 3x arcanum dust instead of 3x typhoon powders

Wait, isn’t the mutator:
-15/20/25% Health (normal/elite/ult) ??

It’s -40% in deep SR. And I also think some enemies can very severely reduce your total health in crucible. It’s crazy what can happen when debuffs stack.

I’m not sure if other pilots notice it as much as I do because I’m the one of the few masochists who plays naked cruci, but it’s scary.

There have been times whem, despite having 50% trap res, I can get chain rooted to the ground for 4 seconds, which basically means I’m dead.

EDIT: There’s also literally nothing you can do to outplay that. I think benny is one of the scariest nems for that reason. His obsidian cage range is incredibly far, and you never see it coming.

2nd EDIT: These things, if they hit you in the middle of your cast animation of say arcane displacement, will not only cancel your skill, but also send it into cooldown. Which, again, means you’re dead.

@arcane_undo: Try a mixed blightlord set - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2Mnkl7V

Go RE heavy. There’s a rare medal (basilisk something) too which reduces the CD of RE by -0.5s

If you can’t get enough skill points for it, switch valguur’s to dark one’s.

EDIT: M. contagion also nets you +2 to RE, and gives you relevant -RR.

@arcane_undo: Have you considered dropping giant’s blood for fiend, and getting seal of skies instead of symbol of solael? You may also want to consider dropping wendigo for ghoul.

I suggest this because you have perfect vitality conversion, making fiend and chain lightning extremely potent.

Combined with your insane Acdth, you should be a force to reckon with.

Suggested skill changes: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNk6yxRZ (soul harvest should add incredible amounts of flat damage and %vit damage for you here).

You may also want to consider m. mark of the forbidden for +2% max ele res + fumble proc.