[OPEN][REL] Recycler

Here is a mini-mod I created this past week, the goal is to give purpose to all those junk epics and legendaries you don’t want, and give you the ability to turn them into something else that might be better for your character.

Found yet ANOTHER pair of Soiled Trousers? Don’t trash them! Don’t sell them! If you have spare iron laying around, take them to the blacksmith. There, he can reforge a new epic from the epic you have provided and give you a level equivalent unique item! Trade in your Soiled Trousers for Hermit’s Legguards, or if you have some more iron in your pocket, you can even afford to reroll that item into a completely new item type, like Willie’s Razor!

This even works on legendaries!

This is an open source mod, so anyone is free to use it, provided you at least give me credit. :slight_smile: You may make any changes to the prices or add more stuff to the recipes or whatever. Do what you like. Suggestions/additions? Let me know, maybe we can improve it.

Originally my goal was to trade 3 epics/legendaries for a new one (5 for any), and have a minimal iron cost but the way this works proved that to be an impossible task.

Currently, the iron cost is about 2000player level, or 3000player level if you want ‘any’ unique, instead of type4type. (pants4pants, helm4helm)

Source:
https://mega.nz/#!LBdgiBTB!k9dU6H8IXuH3CPe34qo3Bm-XFg-xMpc-ZWB-aoJNw8g

Pre-built (contains no mods, only the recycler)
https://mega.nz/#!TFUDFRaJ!xZbHycVUNpaM85FfA3xSxEEXAMx0rLYH8s_K6Yyltv0

Very cool Asylum. I imagine this would come in handy for the bigger overhaul mods to integrate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cool cool cool!

So, looking at the source a bit, this modifies Darlet? Did you add a new window (or make use of an unused one) to get this to work?

No, this all uses the blacksmith (any), I didn’t touch Darlet, unless she is considered as a ‘crafting_table’, but I think she is just an inventor according to Kath.

Hm, interesting. All the simpler, then.

I can’t seem to get this to work, as the blacksmith has no recycle options for me.

the mod has been unzipped into the mods folder, user folder also created, and my main has been copied there, also the stash and other files have been copied over to the rerollem folder

C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save

I see the mod listed in custom game, selected and game loaded, but when I go to the blacksmith, I see no new options, just all the blueprints and stuff I have found.

So What I’m I missing?

Thanks in advance

It’s a source file, it will do nothing unless you build it into a mod. If you want a mod which consists of nothing but rerollem, just unzip into your working directory(if you haven’t set one it is probably mods/), then open the mod with assetmanager, click build. The mod will build, and it should run as is.

OK will do that, thanks for the answer.

This is pretty neat, thanks for your work Asylum!

Thanks for the hard work but I am having a bit of an issue myself, I’ve built it into my mod and I have all the blacksmith options but the " Combine " is not highlighted. It says I can “make” the item but don’t let me click it?

Don’t know if anyone’s having this issue either so what am i doing wrong lol? I tried to put said item into the crafting boxes etc nothing works lol :rolleyes:

Updated the OP. Fixed an issue I created last minute before I released preventing some crafting recipes from working, should have gotten them all fixed I hope. Also renamed the modname from rerollem to itemrecycler.

random legendary one handed melee

seems it only works with axes, not maces or other one handed weapons.

will try and test the others, but that is what I found so far.

edit, I think its because its in the axe list, and there is nothing for blunt weapons, or swords. not checked the random legendary two handed yet, will try that.

edit

legendary two handed melee seems to be working ok, tried it with a 2H sword and was fine.

edit two

my mistake, I didn’t have a sword or mace in my inventory, its working as intended. sorry

The location of the recipe doesn’t affect what it can craft. It’s just there because it was convenient for me to put all the melee weapons in one category. :slight_smile:

Tbh I really should have just done all melee weapons/all ranged weapons/all armor pieces/all accessories/all offhand types (shield/focus) instead buuut i opted for extra work so… here we are.

works great, so great job.

This is very smart.

170,000 iron to reforge an item at level 85. Hmm. It seems fair enough, though I would run out of resources in 10 rerolls with the character I am currently playing the most.

Nice mod, ASYLUM101. I might try this in the future, but at the moment dismantling is good enough. More components and rare materials are always welcomed.

As I said in the OP, this is source material for anyone who wants it, the prices are up to them, I just set something that is more or less fair considering how expensive it can be to craft certain items. (you are basically just recrafting them)

Great stuff Asylum. This is very handy to have, especially during early level play when getting few epic but not what i can use.

I got few question though.

At level 10, usually i have very low iron. So at 20,000 it would be hardly useful. Since the rerolled item is equivalent to ingredient, why not make the cost base on multiply of item level instead of player level?

Sorry to ask this. Im aware you making this as base for other to work but just wonder the reasoning behind.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

To my knowledge item level isn’t a variable that can be used in the equations. As I said in the op the equation isn’t perfect and if anyone has a good alternative I’m open for suggestions.

I see. Is it we are able somehow to use item selling price in the equation?

For example, if Soiled Trouser selling price is 2,000, then maybe you can use this to gauge the cost for re-rolling. I’m not sure if this can be done since I’m not into scripting yet in GD modding but if this can be done, then maybe a better option for entry level item can be open.