Option for curved walls

Hello there,

I’ve been playing the game for the last few months and I really love it!

For me what really sets it apart from other games like Banished and Anno is the immense love for details in the game mechanics and especially the non-blocky and down to earth appearance of the village.

The curved roads add so much to the organic “naturally grown” look of the village.
Is there a possibility to add this kind of curvyness to the city walls too?

Like in the menu picture ingame. It would add so much to the charme of the game if the walls were a bit curved and worn, not perfectly straight and clean (and a bit out of place) like they are right now.

14 Likes

I signed up just to show my support for this idea. Please give us curved walls so that we might indulge our rambling, naturalistic village dreams!

4 Likes

@Rostbratwurst: Exactly what you say. These curvy roads add just soo much to the atmosphere. Would really love to have realistic walls as well!

2 Likes

would to the see curved walls, also give us the option to place them diagonally… this way it gives us more creation idea’s when placing them… maybe let the walls act the same way as the roads currently do…

1 Like

Zantai said in the dev stream the other week that curved walls probably won’t happen. Maybe get diagonal ones at some point.

4 Likes

Well this is so sad lol

Diagonal walls are a good start, no need for haste before the release.

But i really hope that curved walls and fences will be put on the longterm goals list. As they are the frame of the whole, their impact on the aesthetics and atmosphere of the village/city is huge. And the realistic and “grown” aesthetics and atmosphere are some of the biggest strengths of this game!

Edit:

My mind was a little limited in angles but I think diagonal walls with more than two angles would be more than sufficient. No need for 100% curvyness. Just wanted to post this here as well.

3 Likes

Yup. Fully agreed. The ‘organic feel’ is the main reason why I play it and not some other city builder. I mean… even the loading screan have those!
My dreamed update: curved walls and fields, rivers, bridges and boats

3 Likes

+1 for the diagonal walls as a start

2 Likes

I mean, the loading screen itself has curved walls, so…

2 Likes

You see those settlers from Hammerfell? They’ve got curved walls. Curved. Walls.

2 Likes

Having walls using the same layout system as roads would be amazing, honestly.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.