Outcast’s Secret

The final nerf, remove items from the game!

I got drops item that can only be crafted with blueprint time to time. @XandeRoot And I have all, and I don’t think there is an item I have never seen in 1600+ hours except one-two magi rings and I never truly farm them so nothing weird there. But imo(some will argue about it) the true way of farming is farming with a lot different characters and farming while leveling. If you’re farming SR/totems/Nemesis etc only with one character you may not get everything. Having a lot of characters and farming all of them provides more chance to having all possible drops.

that makes no sense if they only can be crafted … :stuck_out_tongue:

Why does the character you are playing have anything to do with drop chances?

One thing that does matter for farming is long sessions because of the re-roll mechanic.

I can be congratulated. Finally dropped out. Just! Thanks everyone.

6 Likes

Complaining always helps :wink:

3 Likes

As does prayer

4 Likes

That’s the problem: I’m an altoholic, and have 15 lvl 100 chars with at least ~50 hours played =) Got my first M. Cord of Violent Decay just recently from Riggs, lol.

1 Like

M Edge of Death for example, I got that item 3 times, from different sources that I can’t remember rn but it’s a craftable sword.

Nothing specific about the character or the classes you choose, it’s just you mix de possibilities. I’m not saying playing with another character increase the drop chance of particular items, it shifts the rng sequence. But this is just a thought, I don’t get how the algorithm works, I don’t know if that pure randomness with billions of possibilities is possible to code with conventional computers and can all cpu’s copy the process as expected etc.

And where is it written that M Edge of Death is “blueprint ONLY”?

Molten skin is craftable and you can drop it :stuck_out_tongue: just because an item has a blue print does not mean it can not drop. But some items are blue print only. I think most random drop set helms are blue print only, e.g. you can not drop M Warborn visor in game afaik.

pseudo-randomnumber generators usually use CPU-time as seed, not what character you are playing.

2 Likes

Same character, 2 runs in half an hours 2 Avenger Crusher, I also got one yesterday with same character same Tomb of Heretic run. So I’m just luckier? :smiley:

It is just chance, there are so many ppl playing this game that even small chances will be realized. And then people will think there is something weird and will tell fun anecdotes. I have some anectodes myself

If your proposal is true, I would like to see if game does use any character data as input for the seed to the p-RNG.

My apostate has already dropped 8 Empowered Final March. My shieldbreaker dropped one pair. Now I do not run around and think that the drop mechanincs in the game has been altered, I was simply a bit more lucky with this apsotate and a bit more unlucky with shieldbreaker :slight_smile:

That might be a company secret :wink: As I said, I have no proof, only experience and that means shit :smiley:

Probability needs to be understood at the population level, not in individual cases.

Crate gather anonymous data if you enable it on settings. You can’t gather data by just asking a few people.

And with this you wanna say?

Only they have the data, all we can do is speculation on individual basis.

all the data about what? And why is it relevant to drop chances?

I am pretty sure not all data are transfered to crate, like I can guartee that they have no idea that I just changed augments in one of my rings :stuck_out_tongue: They would have to have servers and data storages larger than NASA. And if they had such capacisty, I am sure we would not have to do multiplayer peer-2-peer :wink:

1 Like

I ran some simulations and they confirmed your intuition. I basically chose 6000 numbers from 0 - 599 multiple times and usually I got all the numbers. Once in a few cases one number (legendary) was missing.

Code
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <ctime>
using namespace std;

int c[600]; //how many time a legendary dropped

int main() 
{
    std::srand(std::time(0));

for (int i=0; i<6000; i++)
        c[rand() % 600]++; // a drop

for (int i=0; i<600; i++)
        if (!c[i]) // which legendary didn't drop at all
            cout << i << endl;
}
1 Like

The only secret to the RNG based on your character is how your character name determines your starting weapon. :wink:

3 Likes

Interesting, thanks. So I’m that unlucky then.