Outcast's Secret drop chance

I’m trying to farm Anasteria for the Outcast’s Secret hat. Thus far 14 Outcast’s Hood drops from killing her as “Anasteria, Wrath of the Aether”, but no Secrets. Grimtools says there’s 15% chance of a hat drop, which is further split into 9% Hood and 6% Secret.

There should only be 0.08% chance of my series of drops happening, so uh am I reading the drop chances wrong or is there something else going on? Yes I’m farming in Ultimate.

Not entirely unhappy with having spent that time, though, since other stuff I’ve been wanting has dropped. Mostly from the small chests after Anasteria. Apparently those can contain purples too.

Everyone farm it in the Crucible.

6% chance to drop when Anas is higher than LV 92.
Also MI legendary won’t drop in Cruci and SR.

[edit]
A little bit confused when I read mastertables_output from Loot tables for Grim Dawn version 1.0.1.0.
Drop chance might be slightly different now.
https://github.com/ssauvageau-/GDLoot
mt_geararmorhead_d02_outcast.dbr
Outcast’s Secret - 35.0%
Outcast’s Hood - 65.0%

What does this mean??
15% drop rate on hood multiply value above??

[edit]
mt_geararmorhead_d02_outcast.dbr
Now I understand this above.

These two value are the chance that decide which helmet Anas would possess on her.

You sure about that?I think it could in Crucible.

I could be wrong. Did you get any MI legendary drop in Cruci or SR??
Mostly do my farm in Cruci and never see any one of them.
If so, farming other MI purple drops would be so much easier.
Maybe that’s my rotten luck or it only happens before certain version of game itself.

Literally just had it drop in SR for a friend of mine yesterday. And he farmed it in Crucible in the past.

My rotten luck. Thanks a ton for pointing this out. :smiley:
So is it an exception or other purple MI also drop in Crucible and SR??

[Edit]
These purple MI probably have much lower drop rate than other legendary items in Crucible.
We can get Decree of Malmouth in Crucible too.
It seems Dread Sigils of Alkamos and Shar’Zul’s Worldeater won’t.
Why decide some would drop and some would not??
I can’t find further detailed information about this.
That would save us plenty of time farming though.

Exception is for Rogue-Like Dungeons bosses drop.

I have almost 1k hours ingame with alot of 100-150 and 150-170 done and i swear i did not seen the Secrets Hood once. At this point i don’t believe it can drop in the Crucible till someone will show me some proof.

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54579

As someone who never wins on any kind of lottery/rng/luck based games - i got 3 Outcast secrets from Crucible and that was before Wave 150+ were implemented.

It can drop there however its faster if you get it from MC - Anasteria`s dungeon is very small and fast and farming her rep is not that slow as it looks (there are several heroes in there and you can get 1.5k-2k rep per run with each run like 10-15min.

Good luck!

I did’t :rolleyes:

Yeah I don’t play Crucible and I somehow got the hat. I remember farming that aether bitch… uh I mean, Analsteria, no, fuck, it’s Anasteria… I even remember having trash rolls.

Are the drop odds significantly better in Crucible, then? The reason I’m trying campaign is that I thought target farming would have been the better way.

And just to note, the problem isn’t getting Outcast to Nemesis. I got that done 150+ runs ago by this point.

The odds aren’t better, it’s just that crucible drops a ton of legendaries and even a tiny chance at something will eventually happen with lots of tries. The actual odds for one dropping in crucible is probably a small fraction of one percent.

If it can drop in Crucible, can it also drop in Shattered Realm? Or does the Crucible-droppability come from Anasteria being a wave boss sometimes?

In Crucible you can get AoM Nemesis pats for example at 150 even without them spawning.I think bosses spawns doesn’t reflect loot.