Overwhelmed during planning, I seek advice

Armored guinea pig is pleased by Rutnick Blasters. But it’s also confused.
Armored guinea pig was petrified to see you here. Stay hydrated.

Hi and welcome to my help request to put together a build!

I’ve seen Rutnick Blaster’s WPS animation and would like to build something SSF (mostly Monster Infrequents & faction items) around it. I will use this thread to discuss the criticisms and the changes that will lead to a build that could work.
(first build after 1k h of game played following beginner’s guides, with 40-60 as max level range achieved)

Question boxes to avoid opening more threads!

1: Does put one-few points into a WPS has some utility outside of constellations procs, even if the WPS hasn’t the same damage type the build supports? (Smite without physical or fire conversion in a ranged build?)

2: Are Tortoise and/or Crab constellations “worth” now days? (I know it’s all about balancing attack and defense, but I would like to know if they could be inserted under the “defense” umbrella.) And if you know more about them, please feel free to share informative links, since I don’t understand why all these nice damage absorption are not picked (at least in the builds I’ve played).

3: Does WPS change color with the same conversion rule applied to skills (global 100% conversion needed on a single equipped item)?

Goals for this build:

1. ranged dual wielding autoattack gameplay (if work well with the class combos);

2. aether damage (as encouraged by the blasters);

3. devotion visual effect that align to the classes and aether manipulation fictions (if possible);

4. strong enough to finish the game in all 3 difficulties,
    totem/challenge dungeons,
    nemesis monsters,
    without dying.

As starting point, let's start from the weapon(s):

gd rnb eff

Wielding a pair of Rutnick’s Blasters gives us the opportunity to benefit from both skill bonuses and modifiers if playing Templar (Oathkeeper + Arcanist). Let’s consider which skills to use for a ranged dual wielding build:

Oathkeeper

1 Righteous Fervor line - DAR (Default Attack Replacer), main damage source;
2 Presence of Virtue line - aura with useful second node (need damage conversion physical to aether to achieve more damage);
3 Smite - (need conversion physical/fire to aether to achieve more damage) 3 targets WPS;
4 Vire’s Might - one point movement skill;
5 Resilience - auto panic button;
6 Judgement - second node AoE DA reduction
7 Ascension line - CD damage boost and protection tool.

Arcanist

1 Inner Focus - passive bonus;
2 Mirror of Ereoctes - best panic button in the game, now with +2 seconds thanks to the blasters;
3 Maiven’s Sphere of Protection line - defensive aura;
4 Arcane Will - auto damage boost and panic button;
5 Nullification - really nice skill to cleanse enemy buffs and player debuffs;
6 Fabric of Reality - big passive damage bonuses;
7 Reckless Power - exclusive aether toggle skill with a nice small physical to aether built-in conversion.

Bonus because has aether RR integrated:

Necromancer

1 Reaping Strike - WPS attack damage converted to health (possible vitality to aether conversion to achieve more damage);
2 Spectral Binding line - damage boost and when hit aether RR;
3 Ill Omen - spreading debuff;
4 Siphon Souls - attack damage converted to health (with built-in aether conversion node) and debuff;
5 Mark of Torment - single target panic button;
6 Harbinger of Souls - exclusive skill (needs conversion from vitality to aether) with built-in attack damage to health.

Possible Damage Conversions

To consider more options, let’s take a look at the global damage conversion through MIs and other target farmable items:

Constellations

Let’s see which constellation combo could fit within this build:

• Damage
    Aether RR: Widow (25% on attack)
    24 Flat RR, aether and vitality damage: Reaper (20% on attack)
    T3 aether damage: Attak Seru, the Mirage (25% on attack)
    Ranged bonuses: Hydra (passive)
  • Defense
    Since we’ll be ranged, maybe the barriers? Tortoise & Crab? (100% at 50% health & 30% when hit)
    Damage absorption with bonus aether and fire damage: Alladrah’s Phoenix (100% on critical)
    Defensive stats: Solemn Watcher (passive)
  • Life gained
    Ranged, but it’s pierce & vitality: Bat (20% on attack)
    Frequent heals: Dryad (33% on attack)
    Big heal and regen: Behemoth (15% when hit)
    Melee: Ghoul (100% at 50% health)
    Melee, but need conversion from vitality: Scale (33% when hit)

Thanks to:

• Rektbyprotoss for the many, many contents for new players and for his GD Basics video playlist;
  • Mad_Man_Moon for their formatting guide;
  • Absit Omen RPG for BBCode Color List;
  • All the kind people who make beginner build on this forum, people like Nery, Mad_Lee, Ulvar1, x1x1x1x2, The_Coyote, Stupid_Dragon, Evil_Baka, tqFan, Malawiglenn, Maya and many more. Thanks to your work shared, I had fun in many different builds.

It's still a work in progress: I've worked on this for some time, and I'm updating it step by step.
Thank you for your time!
4 Likes

You’re actually good on conversion just from the 100% phys/pierce to Righteous Fervor on the blasters, you don’t have to stack that aether conversion otherwise.

You’ll be using auto attacks and WPS for your offense and Judgment will be for the DA reduction rather than damage so you don’t need to convert that. If going Templar you can chase Fire to Aether conversion for Devastation and if going Oppressor you can chase Vitality to Aether conversion for extra damage.

This gives your gear more flexibility and lets you chase more WPS to get closer to 100% proc chance

1 Like

Hi and thank you for your feedback, it’s appreciated!

The physical to aether conversion from items was to squeeze more damage out from Oathkeeper’s Rebuke & Smite. Your point make more sense:

• Fire Conversion (Templar) Item List
    1 Smite;
    2 Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange (small damage, but all make broth)
    3 Reckless Power flat retaliation [synergy with Retribution (this should occur, I think, even without conversion from items, since the blasters do the work)];
    4 Callidor’s Tempest.
  • Constellations:
    • Phoenix;
    • Aetherfire;
    • Flame Torrent.

Devastation needs a caster off-hand to be used.
Harder conversion to achieve since there is only one MI.

• Vitality Conversion (Oppressor) Item List
    1 Reaping Strike;
    2 Siphon Souls (without using the conversion node and its malus);
    3 Harbinger of Souls;
    4 Spectral Wrath.
  • Constellations:
    • Bat;
    • Scale;
    • Revenant.

Easier conversion to achieve, chest and waist armor can cover 64-96%.

I live for nicely formatted forum posts. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like