Patch SCREWED Months of work

I didnt spend weeks gathering gear and perfecting a build to have them destroyed in one patch. Why does Crate feel the need to punish people with successful builds? Purifier…screwed. Familiar Conjuror…screwed. Some people like an endless grind…I dont. Wake up call to join the real world again. Go ahead fanboys…make excuses for getting your nuts kicked in.

And to top it all off…The game glitches and stutters with the patch…particularly running through Udenbog and that whole area.Yes my Windows and everything else is updated, verified and works like it should. What an anti-climax on the eve of FG.

And many other builds where killed off this patch.

I tried to explain this to some preatorians that these big nerfs will only hit the mid and low-tier players since they do not play as much as the elite-players.

An elite player have many more builds, chars, gear etc to choose from and will always have the possibility to make a sick OP build (that will get nerfed in the next patch :wink: )

For a mid- and low-tier players, these nerfs hits harder.

Is that ranged Purifier? What was nerfed? Balance rings? Cause that doesn’t make the build dead. And 2h ranged also got a buff to compensate. I dunno about the rest tho. Haven’t played the new patch just yet.

Eh, where did Purifier get screwed? :rolleyes:

That’s a personal question…

In the end any balancing decisions rest with Crate. Sure, they listen to our feedback (sometimes), then again they listen to the forum as a whole. You can argue with a Praetorian all day long if you like but at the end of the day it matters little because the person who you actually need to be convincing, well, his name begins with a Z.

I want to agree with you but I never see builds going from good to screwed in a single patch.
Some fine tuning might be required when values have changed a bit, and a couple new BiS items might show up but if your build was viable before, there’s no way it’s dead now.

And this has always been the case throughout the history of Grim Dawn. I’d love to see some Grimtools links for these so-called broken builds.

Seriously, nothing got really screwed. Pet Conjurers are still the strongest class in the game even with one raven. Purifiers can do without EB rings alright.

But I do agree the game stutters as hell now even with nothing on screen. You can feel the screen stuttering when moving around. Op should’ve opened with that.

no no game runs smooth as baby butt :slight_smile: The loot filter however is terrible

Indeed. I have the game on both Steam and GoG and can switch freely between Vanilla/AoM/and FG (except on GOG - got me no FG there yet) and all of them run perfectly smooth.

If you’re having issues then my advice is to check into reinstalling all of your C++ Redistributables, in particular the 2013 ones… x64 GD likes, no… NEEDS, those like you need air.

What’s terrible about it? My only complaint is the same we’ve had since they first announced it and since we first got it in testing… it needs the ability to have at least a few hotkeyable and switchable profiles. They end up baking that ability in to it then it will be damned near perfect.

There are more convincing arguments than yours that have not been implemented. Frankly without more specific details, build link and info on the impact of the change you probably won’t even be heard.

it is bugged

1. I always see scrap and other purple crafting mats no matter what I do.

2. if I alt+tab the loot filter do not work and I have to restart the game.

That doesn’t sound like a bug to me. What that sounds like to me is a “suggestion” that you need to make to Crate for possible implementation.

Now that sounds more like a bug… one I haven’t actually witnessed occurring and I’m a huge alt-tabber while playing GD. Do it all the damned time actually. Anyway, I’ll try to pay it some attention and see if I notice any oddities.

Unfortunately for some people who don’t have a huge stash of items it might be “dead” in the sense that it’s no longer a good farming build to reliably run crucible. Without a good farming build, finding the new BiS items might be an issue throwing you back to the “beginners builds” stage of the game.

I’m still at the beginners stage anyway and don’t like Crucible much either so i don’t really feel the pain but i can understand the frustration of someone who finally managed to assemble one great build and finds that a patch suddenly made that build merely decent, even if capitalized “screwed” might be a bit of an exaggeration :rolleyes:

I have mentioned these issues in 8 or so threads in the “bug” section.

Some of my friends have said they can also recreate that bug, but they do not run the 64bit version

Well, of my builds none are exactly broken, but dagallon set got reworked so if u were using it for a non purifier build, it’s gone from sub optimal to “why are u having this set for ur char that cant use fire strike”.

It is highly irritating though for someone who is on and off playing grim dawn. I have about 3 chars spread across 4 versions which are more or less dead due to completr rework of sets or item builds. It doesnt seem like a lot for the more hardcore players, but I have like a total of 8 chars so thats almost half gone from patches. Freaking sucks.

Others would call that a good thing. It’s an actively patched and balanced game. As a result, you have to adapt, change and think of other/better builds or itemisation.

For more active players yes, but for players that perhaps make one lvl 100 toon in 3 months… not so much

It’s all a matter of which players Crate listens to tho. There’s always one group who’ll get the short end of the stick