Patch SCREWED Months of work

Crate also listens to reasonable ideas and feedback. That means people provide as much information as possible so they can better understand the issue, i.e. Grim Build Calc, uploading one’s character save file, etc.

If people just come to the forum to qq about how their build was destroyed by the patch - well then they really can’t do much about it.

When I play an actively (balancewise) patched game only once in a while, I should be aware of the fact, that my progress ist not being left untouched. Esp. in a complex ARPG like Grim Dawn. Also, what ibugsy said.

I stopped playing PoE years ago (and by “stopped”, I mean I deleted the entire content of my stash and all of my chars, so that if I was ever tempted to start again, I’d give up seeing how that would have to be completely from scratch) because, even though I only played on the “normal” realm, each new season brought so many balance changes that most builds that did well in the previous one wouldn’t even remotely work anymore; for the competitive people playing seasons, well, they didn’t mind, but that wasn’t my case, I like to keep my old characters around and play with them on occasion.

In Grim Dawn, they change balance in such a way that such a thing would never happen; at worst, it will cost you a potion of reshaping and some iron bits to fine-tune things again. I really don’t get what some of you are complaining about.

I don’t have an endgame Purifier atm so can’t say anything about that, but my Familiar Conjurer is still doing fine. Killing Lokarr takes a bit longer now, haven’t tried Ravager yet. The main content is still a walk in the park.
Familiar got +1 Projectile on Mythical Will of Bysmiel so if you’re using that amulet just take care of your pet’s positioning and it should be fine. Also what Crevette said, some fine-tuning should get you back on track. If you don’t know where to start, maybe post your build or at least tell us what exactly is screwed up after the patch.

if your definition of ‘dead’ is ‘not OP in Crucible’, then we have quite different ideas of ‘dead’…

I’m still at the beginners stage anyway

so this is not an observation of yours but a guess ?

But does it really bothers you that much? If you are a casual (like me) there are good chances that you will not end up completing 170 crucible with your toon. And if these particular combos of class+items were simply dominant, then i dont mind. I don’t have these toons and wont have :slight_smile:

The only Pet Conjurer I feel got screwed is the Chaos one, but even then I don’t know if screwed is the right word for that.

As for the rest, I somehow feel like pet builds might even end up stronger now…

What builds did we kill?

Please also include your definition of a dead build so I can tell how exaggerated your reaction is to this patch.

That is so profoundly absurd, I don’t even know where to begin.

Double Birb, Double BriarButt pet Conjurers :stuck_out_tongue:

Now you have to choose between either and can’t have both, that exact build is ded.

So the fact that you cannot have two ravens and two briars (not much into pet builds, but that is my understanding of what you talk about) any more somehow means that a pet build using these two masteries is now too weak to work ?

You can still have strong pet builds for those two masteries, probably with next to no adjustment, they just won’t have those 4 summons…
I guess your idea of what a build is, is way narrower than mine. If any small change for you constitutes a separate build, then I agree we lose and gain some ‘builds’ with each patch. If otoh a build is a more general concept, and making small changes to one spec is still the same build, then we lost no build, and a pet conjurer with 1 raven and two briars that does not struggle is essentially the same as a conjurer with two ravens and two briars that does not struggle either.

So your character is fine but you just don’t like that the over performing bird bonus was moved? Come on.

Losing a pet isn’t a dead build.

Let’s say someone who plays 3 hours per week only and finally drop that amulet that gave +1 Summon Familiar for her/his conjurer. Big chunk of nerf right there.

For someone that plays 3 hours per day and have all the items and +10 lvl 100 fully decked builds already. He/she are less likely to take less “patch damage” plus these players knows much more about the game and itemization so they have an easier time to adapt to changes.

so he is back to where he was 2 hours ago, big deal

I don’t understand…

I have so many purples that I sometimes would just take from me because I can’t put them in stash cuz it’s full and I don’t need, personally, all of those items.

I could easily help those guys who don’t have that much time to gather some purples or blues or greens (sometimes) and we could help each other out.

But no, when I try to give they refuse - And when I refuse, they ask.

It must be some kind of spot or place where I can’t get it right or, of course, not everyone will play where I play, but that doesn’t mean everyone won’t play with me. It’s really strange how people complain about not having certain item or anything really… you have chat… you have power of communication, if you have that much then you will get your needed item. I don’t believe everyone has high level of anxiety, you know.

Alright, so if N&O were both changed to 2-handers so that they can’t be dw’ed, then would you not say that the old N&O builds are dead?

WoB’s bonus was turned into an entire set that can’t be worn with Beastcaller’s. Meaning that build is dead. It is not that pet conjurers are dead.

We have very different definitions of “over performing”.

And Double Familiar, Double Briarthorn builds are infact dead since those builds are no longer possible.

I never said it made pet conjurers weak/unplayable/dead.

??? /10chars

For such player that might be a huge deal.

I’d not consider that a build… you have a dw build and use substitue weapons and maybe some other minor adjustments and still have what I consider to be the same build. To me the exact spec of items and skills does not make a build, a build is more generic than that - and I already agreed that if for you changing one item out for another means you now have a different build, then yes, this would mean some builds die and some are born with each patch

or it might not. If your best example is highly hypothetical, I’d say you do not actually have any good example…

Yeah, your definition of a build is too generic than mine :stuck_out_tongue: