Pet Patch - Love the summon playstyle in Grim Dawn? Then this mod might be for you!

I’ll update the RNG for skeletons to spawn a bit more “top quality” ones, and then I make Dust Devil a all 3 spawn. I’ll do it right now.

EDIT: Done and done! Regarding your other questions. Hmm, I really think it will be extremely hard to update my mod for the future if a new class is implemented.

For myself I am currently playing a Necro/Demolitionist - due to low lvl everything is a bit weak, but… I do love to support my minions with them 6 artillery units.

lol understood. I thought in the future if your ever that brave after you’ve done tweaking this mod might try.

I’ll post full instructions when mod is done so anyone can edit/make similar ones. But of course I’ll make alternate versions.

I understand this mod increases mob density, and that is fine when playing a pet class.

But what happens if I have this mod installed, and play a char that doesn’t use pets, will the mob density be increased as well?

When using any “mod” for Grim Dawn, it’s global, so if you don’t want to play with my “changes” you simply play without activating my mod. However, to answer you question directly, yes, mob density is for all classes, however, most classes (look on my update texts) have received some love to handle the “mob density”.

Later I’ll release a version with no mob density increase so don’t worry.

Thanks for the answer, that makes sense.

I love the idea of your mod, and will definitely try it out, but just thought that non-pet characters may get overwhelmed by the large increase in enemies.

It would be great if there was an option to adjust the mob density (ie. from 1-6x), but I don’t know if that would be hard to do.

Otherwise, I love the idea of the mod, and will be trying it out :slight_smile:

It’s actually super easy to do, I’ll post in Miscellaneous (give me some min) some versions for you.

EDIT: Done and done. Oh, I am not sure how the game will “react” to this version if you just overwrite the old mod, please test and report back. Worst case scenario and you have to start a new game. Please do post what happens.

1 Like

doesn’t work on the latest update

Is this mod compatible with the latest version?

Hello,
This mod looks AMAZING, will it be updated/re-released anytime soon? I have limited modding experience but will try to help if it helps you.

I doubt it since the OP hasn’t been around since August last year.

1 Like

Thats heartbreaking, this looks like it would be EPIC. Maybe the dev’s will pick it up as the next DLC…

There won’t be any more expanisons for the game so I doubt that as well. Some smaller content updates still to come, but that’s it.

Best thing probably is to play either Grimarillion or Dawn of Masteries mods as they add more masteries, some of which are fairly heavy on pets.

1 Like

@medea_fleecestealer
Hello again,
No more DLC’s? Is Crate moving on to another project or are they just done in general? :cold_sweat:

Other projects. This has been in the works for a few years now so hopefully we’ll be hearing more about it soon.

and Zantai revealed this recently on the GD discord

So the town builder and a couple of other projects as well.

1 Like

@medea_fleecestealer
Good to know, on the plus side if someone picks up the pet mod and gets it working no mod breaking changes will be made… :sob:

Well, mods don’t tend to break when a new update drops, but tools like Grim Internals and Rainbow Filter do.

You can always learn to mod the game yourself.

1 Like

can someone pls share this mod with me?

You get this message if you try and download it.

" Hidden at 22 Sep 2019, 10:51PM by Avalonica for the following reason:
Mod needs a major update to function with latest version of game. Will get on this when I have the required free time."

It’s not up to date so not really any point atm.

The mod works for me with the latest version of the game (updated 12 Jul 2023).