Pet v1.2 Discussion

descarga

Doesn’t matter though.

1 Like

It does. Should we have the same amount of retal builds do the same content? The same about of dual wield gun builds? This whole “pets should have the same about of lazy viable celestial boss killers as non pet builds” argument is pretty stupid imo.

If you wish to argue that a small percentage of Retal or Dual Wield Gun builds do a particular content fine, so therefore the build archetype as a whole is doing good, then yes you need to have the same number of builds.

Ofcourse, because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

1 Like

I feel like you and me just have a vastly different difinition of “have it easy” when it comes to pet vs non pet builds. Anything that’s not just literal afk kills is deemed frustrating by you, which imo is beyond ridiculous.

1 Like

RawrBringer - Witchblade not an afk tank, not even close. I simply wanted to test the new movespeed cap increase on hydra and have never played a ranged player build before. I find it easier to play vs Superbosses compared to my non conjurer pet builds.

1 Like

What you mean is lazy, fully facetankable and with competitive fast clear times. Can you, just once, be honest with what you prefer instead of these wishy-washy emotional statements that no one can refute?

It’s not your fault that hordes of players cling to your every word about what to do with regards to making a pet build. But I do mind when you use that authority to make definitive statements like “I can’t possibly recommend a pet build in 1.2” and let the horde make the obvious implications that this is the definitive state of pet builds.

I mean, isn’t it obvious that non-pet builds are going to have ways of stacking Physical resistance (which again only really matters against Callagdra) that pet builds don’t have access to? Or that Conjurer (with fully invested Briarthorn) is the only real pet class capable of reaching such high Phys values in the first place? We can ask for buffs until we’re blue in the face, but when reaching such high Physical resistance is 99% irrelevant for most content (and makes such content trivial), Zantai is going to need more convincing arguments.

Besides, that Lost Souls set that you constantly brag about 3:30 Crucible times? The one that lowers cooldown of Hellhounds to 2 seconds and Skeletons to roughly 5 or so? It beats Calla just fine. It just takes 4 minutes to beat instead of 2 minutes. But in your eyes, that’s “slow” or “frustrating” or whatever subjective terminology you want to use to justify your “pet builds are not fine” narrative.

2 Likes

Without being able to watch videos of your kills, I would assume the playstyle and the kill times are very comparable to the pet build by SRKSlash, both of which are totally fine. So I don’t see a problem with pets.

Edit: Keep in mind the patch with the base HP buffs for pets is still not on playtest (or is it now?).

No, what I mean is same amount of laziness as non pet builds while achieving similar kill/clear times, nothing more or less.

I made that statement because I do not find Pet builds worthy of recommending anymore.

Or am I to change my mind on it because a handful of people disagree?

Then obviously give the same to pet builds.

Whether I can convince Zantai or not has nothing to with my observation regarding the state of Pet builds or my feelings on the matter.

I can’t convince Zantai to make Wind Devils permanent. Doesn’t mean I am suddenly going to tell everyone “Wind Devils not being permanent is fine”.

I don’t consider running around for your dear life while constantly resummoning or micro’ing your pets to be “fine”.

I don’t mind slow, anyone who has ever followed my builds should know that.

1 Like

I already stated the kill times in the thread itself

As for playstyle, not sure how pet builds play the same way ranged builds do… or you have a vastly different way of playing them compared to me.

It is and makes 0 difference.

1 Like

I did see them. The “assume” was only in regards to “playstyle”.

I’m comparing the way SRKSlash killed calla on his pet build to a ranged build:
Let pets attack until they die/are close to death, then resummon them/have them disengage, repeat.
This is actually quite similar to what a ranged build has to do to kill e.g. Calla, attack, run, attack, run. Both builds are kiting.

I’m aware that generally those playstyles are very different, but in this case they are actually quite similar.

Nope, it goes like this -

Stand there firing, Cally starts sunder - evade.
Tornadoes are on top of you - evade or use movement skill.

No need to care about what is happening to pets because there are no pets.

Want an even lazier/easier time killing the boss? pop enough potions that will make a normal person overdose and stop worrying about death.

2 Likes

I’ll download your build later and try myself since it’s impossible to properly gauge without a video. From my experience builds like these have like a 50% chance to just get shotgunned by the sands and insta die.

being shotgunned by sands is a risk for pet builds as well.

but given the lack of visual clutter and no need to worry about leash range, easier to just walk away on non pets.

1 Like

Well, the builds that are going to clear the fastest are going to also be fully or near-fully facetankable (only using the evade button to dodge the most critical attacks) since facetanking allows you to output 100% of your DPS. So where exactly am I wrong in what you prefer?

I want you to be honest with why you don’t recommend a particular build instead of creating these negative feedback loops that’s the cause of all the drama this thread has accumulating. “I don’t like having to micro and resummon in literally this one battle” is a far cry from making wholesale statements about pets in general.

Great. Where’d you like to see pets get more Phys Res? I doubt Zantai is going to allow us to get maximum survivability and maximum DPS in the same build, but maybe he can throw some Phys res in some unexpected places that can lead to more variety. Heavens know that every pet build that isn’t Conjurer can use more Phys res (that includes Cabalists and Ritualists).

1 Like

If a lazy player build can do cally in 2 minutes, I want a lazy pet build to do the same.

Facetanking is irrelevant since pet builds aren’t going to be able to do that.

Ok, here - Pet builds suck vs Non Pets since non pet builds atm can do what pets do and more. Therefore I cannot recommend pet builds to anyone anymore.

He already said no to my suggestion on giving pet phys res back to Behemoth.

So… yeah, that was tried and failed.

2 Likes

get ready, the bootlicker is coming

Maya’s frustration is absolutely understandable and relatable. Imagine dedicating more than half a decade of your life to something you love, and then witnessing that being mercilessly gutted without any consideration.

Her pleas aren’t even outrageous, she’s merely asking for the devs to at least make pet builds perform on par with player builds. She has multiple times agreed to compromise but alas, it falls on deaf ears; worse yet, when she clearly presents the recepts proving without a shadow of a doubt everything she’s claiming so far, she’s met with derision and dismissal from those who can’t rise to the challenge and their only resort are ad hominems and character assassination.

It’s a losing battle and I think I have a good idea why. Devs want to showcase their new shiny gameplay mechanics - evasion and sunder - which the former is the counter to the latter; but obviously pets don’t factor in that change and would provide a “loop hole” out of this gameplay mechanic and hence we arrive at the present conundrum.

Case in point.

2 Likes

Just giving my experience here, I have returned to GD recently due to some free time and been tweaking a bunch of my builds in the 1.2 PT. Mainly testing few on superbosses since the most change seems to be on them. These include pet builds Aether Briarthorn, Fire hellhound, Fire wraith/skeletons, ranged kiting builds such as RF/BH Oppressor, Dreeg Witch hunter, Demonslayer Trickster, and even melee builds Belgo BM, Korba trickster. Out of these samples, the pet builds felt much safer and easier to kill superbosses comparied to the player dmg builds, despite the pets being prone to dying. These are probably not optimal builds and I’m not using pharma (got tilted because new Ravager’s nullification removes pharma buffs :frowning: ). I don’t feel pets are in a bad place but Superbosses could use some toning down imo (Ravager spams too many damn totems, Calla tornadoes deal too much dmg and are a pain to see especially since they can spawn on the player, Crate… too many crates cause lag/crash even if my build can survive it, need a limit imo).

RF/ Bone Harvest Oppressor

Bleed Demonslayer Trickster

Dreeg Witch Hunter

Korba Trickster

Belgo Blademaster

Aether Beastcaller Vindicator

Pyro Fire Hellhound

Fire Wraith/Skele Defiler

3 Likes

Now I won’t say this is a cakewalk fight for the player, but it’s not a disaster either. Pets never go down to zero (hellhound is 2 second cooldown anyway) and I’m getting consistent success after a few times to feel it out. But please understand when Maya makes her statements it’s about braindead lazy stand in place and do nothing pets. A bit of active play and you get much better/faster results than in 1.1.9.8

4 Likes