Pet Warlock - Dual Hellhound spammer (1.6 second recharge) - Ravager 1:58, Mog 5:38, easy peasy SR75 farmer (managed SR90 so far)

Awe, c’mon… skellies have their uses…! (DPS machines!) :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Started the build yesterday, I have tons of the greens for it and 3 Lost Souls sets. So fa r so good through Elite, Salazar’s MI to level with.

1 Like

Nothing wrong at all with a Salazar blade… heck, that pet could be an upgrade when it is out, love that mini-ravager.

1 Like

Almost had SR90 /timer. But, damn reaper got me a few times before I got him. But, made it to chunk 4 and killed Iron Maiden, Theo, and Benny w/timer… not bad!

1 Like

That’s really impressive , gives me a lot of confidence going forward. I’m old and slow, anything over SR 50 gives me trouble with any build. Still doing OK leveling so far. I’d really like to complete some of those new SR sets. Black Hand mace until level 94.

1 Like

You’ll get there. And if it is working for you now, I think you’ll really like it when you complete the Shep of Lost Souls set, the real party trick happens when you have two dogs. :slight_smile: If by the time you get there you need the last piece or anything, let me know… I have years worth of a stash, have just about everything.

Thanks, I’ve got plenty of everything except the new SR sets and of course Celestial Crate boss stuff. I’m over 6,000 hours, retired and lots of gaming last 2 years.

1 Like

Heh, you know what you’re doing then… good luck with the toon, let me know if you like it. :slight_smile:

Dude you’d need to post the skill tree to where exactly to put the skill points/talent points for the two masteries that makeup the warlock class and all.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

They did in the grimtools link in the opening post.

I looked but it doesn’t show 2ndly I’m on Xbox the setup is slightly different from the PC setup and all too.

What can’t you see on Xbox? The whole thing or just parts of it?

all of it but its the skill point placement I’m referring to also which is over cropped w another screenshot and all too.

Well, hopefully Dammitt the creator of grimtools wil be able to find a fix for it.

Link is in the OP… maybe a different device or browser would browse the site better? You’ll want access to Grimtools if you’re going to build. :slight_smile:

But, here you go:

That doesn’t tell them how many points you have in skills without the + to skills on them though.

OK. I finished up the build and it does everything you said it would do. It’s a great pet build. I constantly laugh at the dogs, they’re super aggressive, like they have rabies, and tear things up.

If I may, I’ll suggest things for other players, they need to follow the build as close as they can, and until they can equip the Lost Souls set they’re going to be a bit squishy and not get wildly aggressive. Malmouth and the Forgotten Gods areas have tons of enemies that bull rush you and hit hard. You can jump back and forth between difficulties if it seems safer.

As to equipment , I’d advise farming this item, Salazar’s Sovereign Blade with pet bonuses. They start at level 24 and go as high as levels 32, 52, 70, 84 and 94.

At level 60 you may also choose the 1 hand mace , Black Hand of Sanar’Siin, which has +2 to Hellhound.

At level 75 there is Veilpiercer, a Legendary that also has +2 to Hellhound.

And finally , a very, very useful set,at level 75, Unholy Covenant, that with 4 pieces gives +2 to Hellhound and Familiar, with 5 pieces also gives +2 to all skills for Occultist. These are fairly common items, but importantly the helm can be crafted if you have the blueprint. This should at least help your armor too.

Many thanks for posting this build, it’s really a fun one.

Edit, I forgot to mention if you use these items before you transition int the Lost Souls set, when you do upload your character into Grimtools, some of your skills will be overcapped when you change into the Lost Souls set, specifically + to Hellhounds. remove the excess points and put them into the final skills.

2 Likes

Happy you are enjoying it, like you said, the dogs are insane… they’re everywhere at once if you let them be, but… more fun to pop them. :slight_smile: Appreciate the additional guidance for easier leveling for those interested in trying the build, certainly there are options.

1 Like

My only problem was the rings, I had 1 and 3 blues in my stash. I had a fast character run the Oasis about 20 times and hit the 2d red ring which made a great difference.

Yea, I imagine this build needs full damage conversion from the rings to really shine, lots of conversion for the layers of flat from the auras. They are not the quickest to farm, but I see people trading for them in MP regularly.