Pet Weapon Augments need improvement

I’ve found that the ring and amulet augments do a pretty good job for pets, whether my builds need Mogdrogen’s Blessing for offense or multiple ring augments for defense. However, there are only two weapon augments I’d ever consider for pet builds: Ravager’s Eye is used 90% of the time. If I have DA and pet OA covered, I’ll rarely go for Potent Coven’s Wit as pet speed is always a good thing to have. Outside of that, however, there’s no real reason to choose any other augments over them. I’d like to suggest the following changes to the remaining items:

Potent Bysmiel’s Control: Only a flat health boost for the player, and %Crit damage and Armor boost for pets. %Crit damage is much easier to get for pets than pet speed or resistances, so I would perhaps suggest %Physical Resistance and a larger boost to %pet damage.

Potent Eldritch Bloom Powder: One of the only pet augments to grant resistances for the player, which is nice. However, compare the 8 Elemental damage for pets with an augment like Potent Malmouth’s Soul that gives you 25 Elemental damage, 120% Elemental damage, and 20% of a resistance. If you’re not going to bump up the damage, I’d at least ask for Chaos resistance for the pets as well.

Potent Spikeshell Powder: There are two augments that grant 90% Poison & Acid damage, and yet I can’t think of a single pet build that would actually use a 2-Handed weapon that uses Poison & Acid damage. I know there are pet items that use Poison & Acid weapon, I just don’t think there are any weapons that would make good use of the player damage boost. I would change the damage type to Vitality damage myself, so that there could be synergy with the Claw of Hagaraz weapon. Outside of that, I would double the pet Health to 24% so that it would be enticing.

Potent Sandclaw Fang: A nice item if Bleeding pet builds were more common, but without any resistances, I’m not touching this item.

Potent Sparkbloom Powder: An interesting item at least for those who want to go for more offensive firepower, but the pet stats are just sad. It would be nice for any non-Ravager pet item to get %Offensive ability so that those with enough DA could be convinced to pick a different weapon augment.

I’d love to see different combinations like “%Offensive ability + %Resistance,” or “%Health + %Total Speed.” Even with the generous buffs given to particular items, augments were really a weak spot and no one said much about it because everyone just picked Ravager’s Eye and didn’t think twice about it.

Depending on the pet build, nearly any resistance could fall short between the equipment and devotions (with the exception of Poison & Acid, as it’s either covered by Blood of Dreeg or Sylvarria’s Essence ring augments). I’d like to see 15% Vitality resistance in a weapon augment, as I’ve found it rather hard to cap that particular resistance unless I have just the right combination of items (or use the full Bysmiel hound devotion).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.