Physical Forcewave Itemization

Just putting it out there, most updates and items have been about conversion and mixing things about, I wouldn’t mind a bit of love for vanilla builds if you would, for instance there is only one item for physical forcewave and it’s lvl 84, I think there should be an item for the specific straight forward builds at least to lvl 94 like the rest.
I mean it’s a nice item and it’s probably good enough, but there’s not much other than that even at the lower lvl’s.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure why you’re asking for vanilla support and then mention what sounds like a Mythical/Level 84 item or mention levels up to 94 here? Seems to be some confusion.

As for Physical Forcewave specifically, Stonefist Rebuke and Obsidian War Cleaver should handle that well enough in vanilla.

1 Like

Have this thread evolved into a general feedback?

Shamblers heart. https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13982

Also there is a reason for why some items are low in level, people who does not own AoM can not reach beyond level 85…

When I do a grimtools search it shows multiple items for fire conversion through multiple lvl’s, you give me two items, one at lvl 40 and one at lvl 84. For a straight forward build there seems to be a lack of items is all and I’m only talking forcewave.
Vanilla I mean straight forward builds without conversion to mix with other classes, that don’t really synergise. I enjoy that aspect and have done builds that use that mechanism.
I have been trying more straight forward builds lately and there does seem a lack of items, you may disagree.

physical forcewave does not need more item skill modifiers

First, let me address something. Generally speaking, when someone talks about “vanilla” around here or in most of the community, they assume it relates to the base game without the expansions, i think that is where the confusion with mine and ulvar’s initial reply stems from. I’m not sure if this is what you meant but your above reply makes me think it is not.

Can you give us more examples? As I mentioned above what about these items makes you think there is a lack of support for a straightforward Physical Forcewave build?
Obsidian War Cleaver
Mythical Stonefist Rebuke

I can provide more if you’d like, but the weapons are the prime sources.

1 Like

Chose Gaze

Mutant Bludgeon

Strange thread

1 Like

Also several faction items, like shoulders, helmet and chest. Not that they will be used in any final geared build but still

It was split from the reaping arc feedback/discussion thread. I think the miss spelling is intentional :smiley:

I think I will just go with this, it keeps it simple and it’s just my perception.
I have found if you want to go fire or lightning damage, then there are a lot of items for you and conversion items. Doom Bolt lightning is killer, dual pistol fire build is also.
you guys aren’t providing any new information and it’s sparse, some builds there are items abundant, others not, don’t get me started on chaos builds.
As I said I am alright if you disagree, it’s just something I have noticed.

You can also consider playing Mythical Leviathan unless I’m missing something.
Seems like a good weapon for Physical Forcewave Death Kinght.
(In case someone’s wondering about casting speed - you still can get about 180%)

1 Like

190% average here https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbrb64V (took alkamos haters DK and changed some stuff)

about 9k more wpn dmg plus fun skill in great tide :smiley:

1 Like

You too are not providing much for us in a clear/concise manner to go off of here as the one who started the subject of this conversation.

This goes without saying however. Crate can’t equally support every skill or build, or even support every skill converted to every damage type else there would be some massive bloat on the number of items that exist and can drop. This gets worse for global conversion as the options are seemingly endless when it is introduced.

At the very least, I think they have done a fantastic job of supporting every skill in it’s default damage type including arguably all but 1 damage conversion transmuter, and even that has some item support for it, I and several others just feel like it could do with a little more.

I don’t understand this either. You’re not the first person I’ve heard say Chaos has issues with build or item support over the years. Chaos is by far my favourite damage type and there are numerous ways of making a character for it that don’t involve Epic/Legendary equipment:

Summary

Tainted Power Albrecht’s Aether Ray
Tainted Flames Flames of Ignaffar
Doom Bolt
Sigil of Consumption
Chaos Fire Strike
Chaos pets (e.g. Hellhound, Salazar’s Harbinger)
Chaos Aegis of Menhir
Chaos Blackwater Cocktail
Chaos Rune of Kalastor
Chaos Cadence

When you do include Epic/Legendary equipment, the number skyrockets.

Fair enough, i guess we’ll have to agree to disagree here :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.