Pierce Dervish possible?

I have recently (about a month ago) completely wiped my stash/characters and started everything a fresh from ground up. One of the characters I have going is a Dervish that I was looking to do pierce EoR so I would very much be intersted in seeing this, since EoR doesn’t do any pierce damage itself, and I can’t really find anything that converts it I’m guessing you might be stacking armor piercing on your weapons, amongst many things that are part of this puzzle I’ve gotten myself into.

EDIT: You don’t have to throw the build up here, I’d actually be totally fine with that but some pointers on how you went about building it would help my mediocre theory crafting skills.

Rings and belt can convert elemental to piercing.

so just the inherent fire/lighting from EoR for those. I was wondering if there was a way to get the physical converted as well.

I am not sure about the mechanics but if it is added to weapon damage, won’t % armor piercing convert it? For example I have made a pierce Primal Strike with rings and belts (melee version) and ranged with this weapon https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8733 But damage output is lower on both. It is SR 65-66 only for melee and ranged version can’t kill Reaper in SR 80. Ranged is better with pierce PS. I will try to make it better and post it sometimes soon.

There is also pierce EoR on the forum [1.1.4.2] The Tornado - Pierce EoR Dervish

If I had to hazard a guess:

• It uses full Dunefiend for skill bonuses to EoR, +% Pierce damage and Acid damage to convert (more on that below)
  • Uses Elemental->Pierce (and Acid->Pierce conversion from the same belt) like Duchy mentioned.
  • Nadaan + Blessed Whetstones on both weapons to push the armour piercing to 100% (and just deals with the damage loss from Physical->Acid damage).
  • Stacks more flat Pierce damage from both masteries (Dual Blades, converted Lethal Assault, maybe converted Rebuke) on top.

Maybe I’m wrong and just a few pieces of Dunefiend instead of the full set is better so the Lightning->Acid conversion don’t mess up Soulfire’s damage. Or that weapons without the Physical->Acid conversion are better etc… The above is just my first impressions on such a concept.

Edit:

And I just saw this after the long writeup :joy:. Completely forgot about M. Reaver’s Claw, or Dunefiend’s weapon’s converting Physical away on EoR (would have been neat if the set could also support Pierce as well as Acid).

The above can be disregarded completely then.

Thanks for all this, it’ll give me nice food for thought as I dive into working on this.

Also, thanks to @medea_fleecestealer for splitting this into it’s on thread. I humbly apologize for highjacking that thread (was not my intention) but appreciate you all being on top of stuff.

GT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxwyxp2

Enjoy, I have tested it thoroughly, @romanN1 played it too. Supposed to be my new guide but I cba posting guides.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. This gives me some great ideas and insights!

Very outdated. And it’s heavily weighed down by the shattered set not allowing more points to blade spirits. Right now I’d revise it very similar to how lee did his build, except maybe for the gloves (I’m a sucker for flat RR) and more points on mandate. Maybe play around with some green swords and find points for eor elsewhere.

1 Like

Took gloves for mad damage roll they offer and points to the Veil of Shadow. Plus with less interruptions to EoR in a form of RoS (I only proc it for Fumble in tight spots) gameplay is very smooth.

In videos Mandate is softcapped, but then I realised that last 4 points give build 4% crit damage and decided to reallocate those 4 points to something more valuable.

1 Like

This is more of a meme idea i had back then but unfortunately it kind of went down with all the incoming nerfs towards belgo and i totally lacked motivation to try and bring it back to life.

1 Like

I had made this theorycraft a while ago but never tested, though it’s not dervish but it’s pierce EoR; you can check it out if you like.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkwDgdN

1 Like