Piloting specs in the crucible - With a focus on 150-170 runs

Rings and medals (dunno about amulets) can have racial damage (yellow) prefixes, as far as I can remember on grimtools. Also slith primal ring for beasts.

Touché sir. I’ll change it later when I’m back home from the clinic.

what about blessings? What options do I have per tribute spend? What the progression route for “new” players or player without cheated gear :stuck_out_tongue: to farm gear?
Do you realy grind to 100 tribute everytime and then buy all the blessings and stuff for doing the gladiator 150-170? That can not be most effective way? Or do i miss something?

You get a ton of tributes for clearing high waves and the faster you clear essentially the more economical the buffs are. If you cant reliably avoid getting killed and have a slow clear time it isn’t self suntanning.
Others will have different advice, and ymmv based on skill and build etc. I’m farming crucible in Hardcore. I’ve cleared Gladiator 150 but its too tricky(I’m a terribad pilot) so I farm Challenger instead.

I get an upgraded stonewall banner, raise the stakes to 100, get Empyrion’s Guidance and Might of Amatok at wave 120, cash out at 150, hit the checkpoint cash out at 150, and at that point I typically refresh Empyrion’s Guidance and hit the checkpoint again. If I feel low on tributes I skip Might a few times.

I find this to allow me to sustain the cycle without wasting tributes and pretty much makes it easy mode. Every time I pop 150 I seem to get 2 to 4 legendaries.

If you experiment some you’ll find some pattern that works for you. In challenger mobs have less HP and do less damage so being able to farm it safer and faster yields good results.

If challenger is too hard, campaign is likely better, either key dungeons or something like twin falls+broken hills+pine barrens+rotting croplands
TLDR Try challenger.

150-170 isn’t for new players without gear :p. 100-150 is the best farming spot in the game so go there. Optimal buff/banner usage is 2 buffs + 1 max upgrade banner. What buff/banner you need depends on your build. Once you make your build fit for 170 standards then go for 170. Refer to veretragna’s guide on how to make a 170 capable build.

If you just wanna farm legendaries then 150-170 is close to useless :p. 100-150 provides more of that

Ayeeeeee marzuk. <3

But back to the topic at hand, I 2nd what everyone else has said. Farming challenger 100-150 can still be tricky for newer players.

Your best bet to is to clear dungeons right now - steps of torment, bastion of chaos, etc.

Another very fantastic alternative - do crucible runs with friends. The more players you have, the more GD gets trivialized. Besides, if you die in a wave in MP, you’ll respawn in the next wave.

There isn’t much to talk about progression wise in the crucible. Others have already mentioned the most economical ways to use tributes so I’ll leave that be.

What I’ve noticed is that a good way to suss out if your spec is able to clear 170 with buffs and banners is to see if it can clear 150 naked.

everyday I learn something new :slight_smile: thx.

for me as a beginner the logical progression was following:

something like this
you do aspirant 100 1leg
100 - 150 2leg
150 - 170 3leg

if you can finish 170 aspirant you can/should do challenger
100 - 150 challanger 4legs
150 - 170 5legs

try gladiator
usw… harder content, more gear, linear progression, 150 - 170 is the loot explosion :smiley:

I can farm 100-150 challenger without dying and tributes. 150-170 aspirant even with tributes not :smiley: the last waves getting real crazy :rolleyes:

after thinking about it, in other arpgs its not different: you do medium heavy content fast and stable to farm gear and the hard content is for pushing yourself.
What`s different in grim dawn seems to be: You have no mf sorc spec or pathofexile sunder style build that cheese the hard content to farm gear very easy.

I can farm 100-150 challenger without dying and tributes. 150-170 aspirant even with tributes not the last waves getting real crazy

That’s strange…what kind of toon are you piloting?

170 aspirant and 170 challenger has been known to be harder than 150 challenger and 150 gladiator, respectively. That’s when 170 was introduced. During that time you regularly see posts of people playing certified glad farmers not even reach 160. I know times have changed but it’s highly possible 170 on a lower difficulty is still harder than 150 on the next one.

Hmm. This I did not know. My curiosity has been assuaged. Thanks x1x1x1x2. :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXy3Bk2 this my guy.

dont know if it wave 169 or/and 170. Was there 3times now and stoped trying :smiley:

Dont know what in detail killed me. Its so much and so fast. The big red chthonics guys with wings and the iron maiden in combo and all the other guys that I dont know correct. I can not nuke the nemesis before the iron maiden or the others were on my ass. Maybe its only a gear/Dps check.
I watch videos from 170gladiator and I see them just facetanking and nuking the first nemesis solo down and then facetanking and nuking the rest…

Till I have the gear complete - I farm 100-150, 130-150 130-150 challenger with 2tributes. Or level a twink :slight_smile:

I don’t have much experience with aspirant/challenger, so take what I say with a HUGE pinch of salt.

But it seems to me that you’re struggling simply because of a lack of gear. Do you play self-found? If not, I’m willing to craft ignaffar’s combustion for you, and the justice helm for you as well.

These recipes were found before I used GDstash, so you can rest assured that they will be 100% legit so long as you pass me the mats.

I can also check my pack mules to see if I have any spare:

1. justice shoulders/gloves
  2. pyroclasm medal
  3. Ulzuin belt

Again, these items are all 100% legit.

If you ARE playing self-found, and are uncomfortable taking it, your best bet is SoT runs.

The reason why your build is suffering is mostly because:

1. Lack of skill points
  2. Lack of armor absorption
  3. Lack of OA/DA

In the mean time, try something like this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeOzM02

thank you a lot.
But for me is important to grind the stuff by myself and “earn” it :slight_smile: I know I could push my build and “craft” some items or trade or so but this will be boring for me very quick. Most of the arpgs end for me if my char can handle the endgame easy :slight_smile:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b283gD7N the helm I could craft by myself. The devotion stayed. I thought about the ghoul often but IMO the problem for me is not lifeleach. Most death are actually from bad plays or bad beat situation.
I can farm with this guy 100-150challenger on repeat with 2 tributes. Found now the Justice Shoulders and a lot of other stuff :slight_smile:

edit: btw is there a addon/tool for getting the right augments to min/max resis? Your guy posted with other augments and components look instantly so much better then my og.

I’m biased, of course…but Ghoul is a must IMO for most autoattacking builds.

It’s not the life leech, it’s the circuit breaker.

Getting 30% or so phys res + a fuck load of lifeleech = full health with 1 shot for 6 seconds. This means you can’t die for 6 seconds.

Combine this with bloodthirster and you become a lot tankier. I suggest trying it out.

No, there’s no addon/tool for augments/components unfortunately. Just experience. :rolleyes:

Regardless - fiend is better than magi. Definitely make that change.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqKLJ92 getting stronger and stronger, challenger 150runs are easy mode now :))

ghoul is nice, fiend dont know :slight_smile: but ghoul is good.

Just try fiend. It has no cooldown, and you basically get 2 fire streams circling you which means that you deal (26% * 2) = 52% weapon damage each time they hit an enemy.

With 2, or 3 of them up, you basically can get one free autoattack every second.

Magi isn’t that great unless you can tank enemies and have them sit on top of the fissure, and have the fragments shotgun their butts.

EDIT: You also really want to get 100% armor absorption. Scaled hide is a must IMO.

2nd EDIT: I would do this - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0Pdq1V

Thank you! Very helpful!

I’m just glad it’s useful. If not it’d have been a huge waste o’ time. :rolleyes:

gladiator 150 done :smiley:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g46oOV

thx

NICE!!!

P.S. Made some tiny changes in skill distribution - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28311yN

12/12 exploding shot is needed for more weapon damage for more lifesteal. 11/16 vindictive flame for more attack speed. :slight_smile: