Planks arent transported to any storage

Hello!

After new update 0.8.0 i’ve been struggling with issue regarding to transportation of planks. It seem whatever i do, planks are not moving to the storage at all. At this moment i have 6 workers at sawmill, full stock at sawmill, 11 laborers, 2 idling carts and 2 almost empty storages nearby. Maybe i am doing something wrong, but at this moment it looks more like a bug.

I had the same issue on 0.7.6 . You can relocate Saw Pit to solve it, but keep save file to help with reproduction.

Wagons won’t move planks so it’s down to your labourers. Make sure they’re not busy with other tasks.

Issue solved after relocation of sawmill. Savefile is archived in case techsupport asks for it. Many thanks to Mitr.

Was the storage yard placed after the sawmill? Reason I ask is that I’ve seen in previous builds that foragers for example don’t recognize blueberry bushes moved to their vicinity after their work radius is set. But then you reset work area and the data about location is updated. Could be that moving the sawmill did something similar in resetting some game logic about what storage is available.

Storage was placed before sawmill.

I created my sawmill after all of my storage and I’m still getting the same bug. All workers go Idle when the storage of the sawmill is full but no one will transfer from the sawmill to storage. All storage had the capability to accept planks.

Probably explains why all my builders are going to my only sawmill all the time to collect planks… I thought they were just really impatient!

I think what is happening is that some planks get reserved by other villagers, and the loggers are waiting for those to get picked up before they resume work.

This isn’t ideal and it’s something I’ve run into as well, so we’ll be investigating that aspect of the AI in the future.

2 Likes

Yeah, played a bit earlier on to see and I’ve got planks piling up in the stockyard now that building isn’t requiring them. The builders were indeed somewhat impatient, like they also run into the forest to collect the newly felled and chopped up trees (which means more of them are being chased by moderately irked wildlife).

Just wanted to add that I am experiencing this issue as well. Storage filled in the Saw Pit and it will not move to the adjacent and available space in the Stock Yard.

I tried moving the planks to the Trading House which did trigger the Saw Pit workers to start up again but when the storage filled I had the same issue.

Going to try and relocate the Saw Pit as some have suggested.

Link to save folder zip

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.