Playtesters' plea for help - Zantai's Last Secret

You don’t have to continue the campaign. Just go to the final act straight away. And don’t , I repeat, DO NOT choose Solael!!!

1 Like

That I did know! I did it in Normal so it would be off my plate. :smiley:

Dreg is who I’ve got for Ultimate (did Bysmiel on Elite.) I tend to choose each on on a different difficulty so I can get the rep to revered for each quicker. At least it feels that way to me.

1 Like

After much ‘perseverance’ notice anything…:grin:

Oh and can I just add something? Since I did the Dreeg quest. F$^%# all of the various creatures in Forgotten Gods that have fast heals. It’s funny when you can put out enough damage you never notice stuff like this but, between those friggin’ packhounds and the priests that heal stuff all the time, I was have a personal sit down “chat” with Zantai.

Not that’d do me any good. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So anyway, that’s done. Now onto farming and pushing and playing. #brokenswords forever!

3 Likes

Bravo :clap: you didn’t give up and persevered thru all the hardships! Congratulations mate! How does it feel?

I was watching my video of completing this challenge the other day and it made feel really sad. Realizing that you can never get the same feeling again. You can only walk this path once. Try it again and it just won’t feel the same. Oh vast emptiness :beers:

So cherish the moment! Congrats! :+1::clap::sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, I’m never trying it again. :smiley:

But seriously, it’s taken quite a while and I have learned so friggin’ much from it. And I feel as if I’m still scratching at the surface as I learn certain things through the trials and errors of low damage/high defense.

Like above, the very last thing I learned was if you take Dreeg as your final rep quest in Ultimate you have to do deal with the Packhounds of Galfang quest (killing 15 of them.) They come in fives, I literally could not kill them because I didn’t do enough damage fast enough before all five heals would kick in and they’d be right back to max health. And you couldn’t just put your head in the sand and try to tough it out - with 3400 DA they couldn’t touch me either but none of us were going anywhere. I had to figure out a way to lure them away from the pack in ones or twos and it still would take a couple of damage/heal cycles to finally kill them.

Then there’s the friggin Gryphons that all heal each other. RAWRRRRRRRRRR shoot me now. I just ran. :smiley: Again couldn’t be damaged but I broke one of my few hardcore rules “never leave anything alive behind you in case of retreat.”

It’s been great and this game continues to surprise me.

That said, I have to admit it will be fun to have skills again. :smiley:

2 Likes

So now there are 3 of us on Olympus?

1 Like

Nah, I think you two are still the only Olympians. I’m more like Sisyphys pushing that boulder. :smiley:

If you got the badge you’re in. Since I twinked and was first I’m Hades. Contrag is Zeus for being first untwinked, you are Poseidon.

2 Likes

May the winds be ever at your back and the rains nourish your crops.

Just don’t piss me off. :smiley:

POSEIDONc

1 Like

fuck healers. :rofl:

the worst imo, is when you get a couple of arcane mobs and 3-4 hero healers in SR 75+, sitting around in a circle jerk of healing and nullifying projectiles.

I would sooner fight ravager than that.

@adoomgod: what badge is this

2 Likes

Badge of Perseverance.
I probably don’t need to put it in spoilers because it’s mixed in numerous times way further up in this post from the stone age :smiley: but just to be safe and not spoil it for anyone. It’s the award you get when you complete classless 100 and talk to a npc in the Vanguard of the Three.

Read full thread. Secret hardcore in game item. Anyone who gets the Badge of Perseverance properly can join the Pantheon of Grim Gods. I was first but did it twinked just for the achievement so I took the title as Hades. Under Zeus but has that bad ass factor and fits my devil motif.

Contragor gets Zeus for world first untwinked which is the hardest way to do it, he also took the hardest required boss path at the end as I did. Caius is Poseidon for following the path, so a brother of Zeus is appropriate.

So far as we know only us 3 have legitimately obtained it.

Classless 100…does it have to be done in ultimate?

@adoomgod: What do you mean by twinked exactly?

My other hardcore characters and my friends helped farm gear and iron bits for my attempt. I was in a rush to get world first and didn’t want to die and get demotivated.

Untwinked would mean completely self found no transfer stash of bit transfer.

It is not done in ultimate. Only the last part is done in ultimate since it requires you to access half of FG. The badge is hardcore ultimate only.

And, fyi, the badge does not show up in Grim Tool that I could find.

And if @sir_spanksalot does it can i nominate him for Mercury. Have you seen his piloting skills? slick!! :star:

2 Likes

Congratulations CaiusMartius. Well done! :champagne: As adoomgod said, anyone completing this is godlike. Though why he went with Greek gods when we’re on Cairn in Grim Dawn … :thinking:

@sir_spanksalot twinking is what you and most of the elite builders do all the time. Raid your stashes or GDStash craft items for your characters. I’m surprised you don’t know the term, it’s been in use for years for describing a character that uses items that way as opposed to being self found (also using any items in the transfer stash other characters have found) or solo self found (no transfer stash at all). I twink all of my characters in Titan Quest AE and do a bit in GD too, though usually only components and relics.

@Contragor Don’t you think you’d get a similar thrill if you tried to do it with a different build idea?

2 Likes

I tried… :sob: It just doesn’t feel that way. It feels similar to just starting a fresh HC char. I’m doing another full restart now, no stash, no blueprints. Next day after finally dropping the Deathstalker relic bp. Didn’t even bother to craft it. See the agony?

1 Like

Well, the agony to me is trying this crazy challenge in the first place. :upside_down_face: I’m only just beginning to try a couple of characters in HC, but I can’t see myself even attempting this. But each to his/her own.

1 Like

i usually just call it “being a rat”

1 Like

Thank you, it was quite a challenge.

For anyone interested, after farming and running it for the last few days to tweak and stuff (I needed to get mats for Mythical AH Leggings as well as find a Mythical Band of Eternal Haunt) this is where the build has ended up, Classless Spin to Win. I swapped out the Turrin’s Reprisal shield for The Untouchable and the minuscule bit of damage I lost compared to the approximately 500 points I gained in DA (now sitting right at about 3500) was so worth it. Gameplay is pretty simple. You charge forward, proccing Dryad’s Blessing, Spin through a group, fire Chillspikes, charge back, spin through, fire chillspikes, repeat.

It always keeps any procs active, and with DA so high I’m in Act IV of Ultimate and have not yet every kicked off Turtle Shell. Resists are nice and over-clocked as well. It’s very defensive, slow to kill other things (i.e. takes some time).

Campaign wise it seems to be very safe (yes, I still have 3 acts to test it and see but it’s pretty safe currently). After I do all of campaign (culminating in Father Kymon and Korvaak) going to start testing it through some of the Rogue dungeons.

Then I’ll see about farming up to nemesis and testing there.

Until dead. :smiley:

I think maybe he went with greek gods because some of the usernames on the forum use the Cairn Gods and that might get a bit confusing?

And good luck on your HC runs.

2 Likes