Playtesting Silliness

Something tells me the playtesters recently got access to the Oathkeeper…

//youtu.be/7IHqIZ5k9mU

There maaay be a bug with movement speed scaling with Eye of Reckoning. :eek:

Looks like normal PoE to me.

I am deeply remorseful and apologetic for what I created.

It’s not a bug - buff everybody else! :rolleyes:

wasting talent by playing sonic instead of real work? shame! now we know why FG is being push back.:eek:

Sweet merciful lordy. :eek:

Working as intended, I’d say. :cool:

Yeah call it a feature!

Don’t be - that’s hilarious. :smiley:

I see no bug here, I see no bug here, I see no bug here, I see no bug here…

Spin2win indeed!

Wow, the new PoE update looks amazing!

Sent from my 6039A using Tapatalk

now that’s a quirk not worth patching. at least leave a pre-patch skill on an item in the game. pretty please. :smiley:

Skill also seems to have no energy cost, free spinning forever, now that would be something.

Someone needs a doctor. :confused:

good excuse to nerf it into pink mush :smiley:

I propose we model the spinning with a movement speed penalty that approximates the player as a cylinder of uniform density. So a walking player has an effective KE of 1 unit, to make a spinning (rolling) player proportional to that we’ll assume a general R for the cylinder and… math class ramblings

The skill is actually extremely energy expensive. I was using a cheatsy character for the purpose of testing a bug I found with how the skill works with movement speed, attack speed, and movement speed procs from items. Letting you far exceed the cap. The issue is that even with ONE point in this skill you could likely abuse the movement speed bug. So unfortunately it will be fixed.

To be clear: The speed you see in the video would have been 100% able to be obtained legit. But it is going to get fixed. The energy regen on my character was absurd though. Still with energy leech and some good rolls you ought to have been fine and like I said it could still be exploited as a 1 point wonder for speed farming content.

In PoE of old, the nemesis of this was reflect. I can remember many a hardcore committing suicide by not being able to stop quickly enough when a reflect mob or effect was spotted too late. Some mobs could put an effect on the player which essentially made all attacks vs reflect for the duration.

So… FG just needs lots and lots of reflect with -RR stacked. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: and the spin skill needs a time window for stopping the spin and direction, ie, not instantaneous.

Praetorians hogging all the fun again :furious:

Never fear, I’d guess Sonic-speed spin2win will probably be available as a mod shortly after release…

Relieved to hear that :slight_smile:

So uh, this joke account is not created by one in the first place? :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually have no idea who is behind it