Please add Patrol for Military units

Simply put, please allow a stance called Patrol (alongside Defensive stance and offensive stance). When selected, it lets you flag a patrol path for the select unit(s). The units walk (not run) when assigned on patrol.

The point of patrol is obvious - to defend a set area, and also it looks cool!

2 Likes

Completely agree with this. Gives the troops something to do between raids. And yes, it will definitely look cool.

λ‚˜λŠ” λ°˜λŒ€μž…λ‹ˆλ‹€. 경비병이 λ”°λ‘œ μžˆλŠ”λ° ꡳ이 μˆœμ°°μ„ ν•  ν•„μš”λŠ” μ—†μŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€. 그것보닀 λ³‘μ˜μ—μ„œ ν›ˆλ ¨ν•˜λ„λ‘ ν•˜κ³  μˆ™λ ¨λ„λ₯Ό μ˜¬λ €μ£ΌλŠ” 것이 더 μ’‹λ‹€κ³  μƒκ°ν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€. 그리고 μˆ μ— μ·¨ν•΄ ν–‰νŒ¨λ₯Ό λΆ€λ¦¬λŠ” μ‹œλ―Όλ“€μ„ κ΄€λ¦¬ν•˜λ„λ‘ ν•˜λŠ” 것이 μ’‹λ‹€κ³  μƒκ°ν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€.

I agree with the drunken and unruly citizens, although personally I’ve just stopped using pubs. The beer sells in the trade house for more than the pubs generate, and it’s quite possible to get to Tier 4 houses without it. But although there are already guards, they never leave their towers unless ordered to. If guards could be trained without a tower and set to a patrol, that would work too. I also agree that soldiers should be able to train when not in actual combat. After all, the graphics of the barracks do show training dummies.

Cheers

Actually it would be super cool if soldiers and watchtower guards while patrolling are able to stop people getting drunk, and prevent crimes, and stopping people who are leaving the city from taking goods with them.

I always thought its odd that there isn’t a thieving/crime mechanic in the game, where some pops might turn to stealing and violence. It would make sense to have guards posted near trading house, storage areas, town hall, vaults etc. Would love if this was added, to make security more dynamic and fun.

Some examples of criminal behaviour

• Theft from storage/vaults/trading houses (a guard / soldier will pursue the thief and apprehend if they are nearby, thus returning the stolen goods back to storage). This is typically triggered by citizens not having something they need (like shoes or clothes or food)
  • Attacking other citizens more likely when intoxicated or unhappy (I believe this mechanic may already be in the game). Soldiers/guards will apprehend or kill the violent citizen
  • Rioting and looting, ie a mob of citizens running rampage (this would be severe and require a company of soldiers to be deployed in to the city, which will kill fight the looters) This can be triggered if many citizens are unhappy about something, with variable severity.