please consider adding tabs for storage

Try actually reading the statement from Mediera that Medea quoted right before your post. This has the actual reason WHY and the reasoning behind it.

Personally I’m one of the “Will stop playing if the stash is too big” and don’t try the “well don’t use it all” as that doesn’t work and is about the same as me saying to you “use mods”

Medierra’s comments are as true today as there were when he wrote them.

I agree with component specific tab. Would be cool if they autopicked too but I’ve seen folks ask for that as well. At the least, I wish when I hit the component complete button that the component would then find the first available slot in my bags like I was picking the item up from the ground. I’m always moving them from the bonus bags into my main bag where I keep components and crafting mats and getting tired of doing so.

I’d also like a bigger stash because I like to collect as well. I’m always thinking about how to use an item in some build concept so reluctant to toss a blue or purple out. I use gdstash but I don’t even like doing that much. Purples I try to keep in shared stash for as long as possible if I think I might use it on two or more characters because I dont want to go look for it. Blues get pulled immediately on the first character I’m playing that might ever use it because i’m likely to find duplicate in the future.

I just fill up my stash with items to keep and then rotate through my characters pulling out anything I think they might use eventually even if its a completely different build type. If I can’t remember where I put an item then I go to gdstash to find which character it is on instead of loading up many different characters (takes a while for me… idk if that is normal or not) run to stash over and again.
When I need some rare materials, I’ll clean out somethings of the shared stash prioritizing anything that isn’t a set unless I know ive got a completed set somewhere.

I understand the “too big is overwhelming” stash argument but components and flasks + rare materials and reputation scrolls occupies a whole page. The three remaining pages are not enough to hold half of the purple/blue items and sometimes I’d like to pass along a good rare item. Something like two more columns wouldn’t hurt imo.

I’d also like for my inventory screen to open up on the side so that I can click on an item for pick up and manually place it in the last bag where things I’m going to save go. This is mainly an issue because of the stash problem, if its getting full I cant clear my bags until I move some stuff.

I’m coming from PoE and I gotta say: the currency stash tab is a delight. All premium tabs are (although IMO some aren’t worth the money). For those who don’t know PoE, the crafting materials are the currency, there is no money/gold/whatever. It just makes everything so much easier!!

I also complained already about all this clutter. And I want a different background for rare components, because why not.

I think the tetris-style stash design itself is obsolete. There are some inventive ideas in GD, such as components and such. But the stash is a hold-back.

So naturally, an archaic design is as true today as it is when written. Consider IA’s simple search technique. And the painstaking make-work philosophy of evaluating every…single…item found. I’d rather throw it in the stash than spend cumulative hours evaluating and comparing items as I come across them. Then when I get an inspired gearing idea, i can do a quick gear search of gear found and I’m not at a loss for equipment that I may have previously ditched - even if I don’t obsessively care about min-max rolls on gear.

But we can simply leave it at “we disagree”.

Lol :smiley: no mods can add even 1 extra stash tab what’r you talking about? 3rd party tools like GDStash is not a mod and why would one even need to use 3rd party tools potentially risking to lose an item?

There’s mods that increase the amount of space in each tab dramatically iirc.

most games use it, so not sure how obsolete it really is (i.e. for it to be obsolete imo most games should have moved on from it when really very few have), but I agree that by now we should try some more innovative solutions. That kinda is why I did not make GD Stash a TQ Vault copy, I wanted to move past this.

And the painstaking make-work philosophy of evaluating every…single…item found. I’d rather throw it in the stash than spend cumulative hours evaluating and comparing items as I come across them.

not sure what you can do about the comparison part, I don’t think that can be automated as there is just too much variety. Also, throwing items into the stash because you cannot be bothered to compare them just means you stockpile junk you will never use again, or you compound the comparison problem further down the line, neither of which is all that desireable.

In fact the effort for proper maintenance was the main argument again a much larger stash iirc.

I am using GD Stash Changer & it works well. ONE thing I would like to see, even though up until I used GDSC I was adamant about an in-game unlimited stash, is a search function, so I can type in the name of a component etc. or it’s affix & find it in that way. After GDSC that would be a nice fix for me, without going the whole GD Stash Manager route, which to me is cumbersome & some even provide the ability to “create” (cheat) an item into existence down to the affixes & damage types. That would ruin GD for me if I went down that road so GDSC is the solution for me. Just looking for a search function to be added in somehow :cool: :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for all the feedback.

This discussion has been had a hundred times and all angles have been thoroughly explored.

Let’s keep it simple. If the question is “do you want more tabs in stash?” I’m all for it.

And the answer’s been given a hundred times too. We’re getting one more personal and transfer tab in the stashes in Forgotten Gods. That’s it. If you need more then use a third party storage tool. Simple answer.

If you need a more detailed answer

Im curious what is the reasoning behind not having unlimited or well much larger stash, other than mods can do it already? I think it’d be dope if there were just unlimited stash tabs that could be bought. It’d eliminate the need for mules, and you’d be groundbreaking developers :smiley:

See above post for Medierra’s reasoning.

I think the reasoning is not good. If a player doesn’t want to be a hoarder and keep all the stuff he finds he can just leave that item on the ground and not pick it up for ther first place. Having an infinite storage doesnt get in the way of his stance of not being a hoarder. But if a player prefers to keep every legendary or good double rare / MI item in his/her stash then he/she can’t do that without using 3rd party tools. Those two types of players are not equal in their freedom what they are allowed to do by GD.

I just cant get it why the devs just don’t admit that they can’t implement infinite storage feature due to the limitations of the engine without having to use lame excuses. That would be honest and fair.

Have they ever said it’s due to engine limitations?

I think this quote from Zantai to another thread sums up Crate’s position.

They have their vision of what the game should contain and it’s pretty clear that infinite storage isn’t part of it.

They don’t implement it, especially not for money, because they think it would be an unfair move towards their modding community. It has nothing to do with engine limitations.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

I don’t get the problem. Except for a few sets or pieces like Silver Sentinel, epics are trash, and drop like candy anyways. Even more so when you do optimized campaign farming (which is outclassed by even aspirant crucible). Monster Infrequents don’t matter too much until the max level range, and when you get there, you can just make a character for them if you want, eliminating the need for storage.

The only reason to store epics is to do an emergency dismantling spree for materials if you ever find yourself short on them.

Anything sub-90 is a temporary novelty at best, playing with faction gear is perfectly workable too. Heck, some even just use the level 1 lokarr set for the whole run up to best in slot tier.

So all in all, thanks to the current balance, the stash tabs are more than enough.

Because they are making a expansion that they can add it in. And many of the community do not use any mods…

I TOTALLY agree we need more tabs!

Tetris-style… laughed my ass off… so so so bloody true!

I kinda like the tetris style, mostly because it makes the items look good in my inventory :smiley:
But of course it could be done differently (not necessarily better).

Like, reduce the height of bigger items like pants from 3 to 2, that would save a lot of space. Or just do it like in the Gothic games and make every item the same size.

These might be good ideas for GD2 when they make a new engine.
Right now I don’t think it’s worth the effort, like Zantai said UI stuff is not trivial and there won’t be any changes except the 2 new tabs. I think this should really suffice for the average player, and everyone else can use mods or finally start dismantling their pile of rusty epics :wink:

“I don’t care if it’s impractical, Wendigomane Shorts are in right now.”