Please remove the mobs that turn off your auras

I did. I must have been hit like two or three times in all my months spent in HC. My “git gud” trigger finger is already itching.

1 Like

Nothing to do with gidin gud. The argument “if you RIP to these - it’s your skill problem” is a meh one at best. How high did you push SR? How much was at stake? Getting hit in 35-40 is totally different than 75-80. But that’s not the point.

The point here is the entire concept is more of a nuisance and not fun. And the fact that we get these threads so often should tell the people in charge that maybe it wasn’t a great idea to begin with.

You could have avoided this: git gud.

I do 10/10. In fact, all my top specs just oneshot them, so no need to kite even in high SR. But this is not about me and my skill. Heh, you want to talk about skill, let’s go CS GO or LoL. This game has a low skill cap no matter how you look at it.

This is about a common complaint that we are seeing here. Similar to those teleport shields or mob invulnerability fields found in other games. Similar to wild magic surges where random stuff happens, but those are at least really fun, you never know when you get morphed into a cow lol.

1 Like

This game has priority kills. See if anything purple spam all your major cooldowns and stunlock/freeze/petrify/knockback or outright vaporizes it straight away. Its only your fault you let it wind up the 5 second delay to his dodgeble purge bolts. Which btw has the same animation as gravathul’s “lol you are fucking dead.” Bolts.

Yup. I am pretty far into SR (on normal), but havent let any of these mobs do any dispels on me. This includes Gravy.

Ring of Steel + amarastas blade burst + canister bomb so nice.

Arcane mobs fire a purple slow-moving thing that dispels you. It is easily avoidable if you keep an eye on them

Thanks, gonna keep that in mind, i just didn’t get to see anything cause i had the screen full of mobs stacked together.

1v1 me Fox only Final Destination no items

3 Likes

Well, the Problem is a lot of People don’t consider / grasp the whole Situation. A lot of us are here since years, since early access, and we’ve seen topics like this simply way to often, that’s why we get at a certain dagree cynical about it. Some Captian Obious who thinks that stuff was never addressed or individuals who think they can keep nagging until Devs give in, show up and than are butthurt over people disagree with or devs keep saying no. And in cases like this there isn’t any real solution anyway because the devs would step on the feet either which dislike this mechanic or the ones which like the Mechanics.

I for one like the Mechanic, because it spice up the combat and add variety in terms of enemies. Sure i’m as annoyed and frustrated when i get debuffed and have to rebuff, but in the end i’m the only one which can blame himself in this case, because i could’ve avoided easily. However it nowdays it’s easier to cut everything and water down games instead of proper learning the Games.

So in the End if some individuals here don’t see any value for a Mechanic like this, for others they do, and i atleast don’t want to play an AFK clicker with no thought on it.

1 Like

Because we know what is not fun for one person is not fun for everybody.

Or people need to start paying more attention to slow as molasses projectile from an enemy that is so bright that it might as well have a big sign “I am arcane” above its head.

I mean, if the amount of threads complaining about something dictated what the devs need to do, where’s my Grava’s null nerf? That thing has the biggest record for the amount of complaint threads.

You are trying tell people how they should pay attention and react to these mobs, while people are trying to say they don’t like to pay attention and address this because they find these mobs annoying not exciting. Grava is special enough and should be left alone imo. But to extend the same idea to normal heroes? Why? What do YOU find so fun about thee mobs to warrant their existence in GD?

Here’s the thing… it’s not really feedback. It’s one person saying “shit design”. There happens to also be a group of people who LIKE arcane mobs. One thing you need to remember about game devs: they can never win no matter which decision (no matter how popular the decision) they make there is ALWAYS going to be someone to bitch about it. I’ve watched it happen on this forum for years now.

There could be an entire thread full of people praising (insert design choice A here) and there will always, without fail, be that one ass-tastic person who is going to come in and take a giant dump right in the middle of everyone.

Sorry but the OP’s post is a low-level post - a post he designed like shit (how’s that for feedback?). He deserves to be dismissed and he deserves to be notified of it.

This IS why the people who “favor” their existence find so “fun” about it. The fact that something is cause to make them have to pay attention versus snoozing their way thru blindly.

2 Likes

Two issues with your argument:

1. We don’t have to pay attention to assholes. Considering someone’s feedback on our forum is a privilege, not part of the purchase of the game.
  2. Implying that because it is feedback, it must be valued and taken into consideration.
    Not all feedback is created equal and on this matter in particular not only do we fundamentally disagree, many players are on the opposite end of your opinion.
4 Likes

When the devs consider these late game changes, they should also consider how they affect ALL game mods and scenarios. These mobs are totally harmless in softcore SR for example. Is there anything to lose? Not really. You can still play it half asleep as long as you have plenty of DPS. So what if you miss one of these orbs and get stripped of your auras just to get instagibbed by a nem. And if it’s not making much difference, why bother? What’s the point? How does this change the softcore gaming experience when there’s no penalty to death? You don’t even lose your shard progress. So, most players can simply ignore these mobs and just keep rolling, and if they die a couple extra times per run, who cares! As long as they complete it and get their loot.

In HC, on the other hand, the situation is quite a bit more stressful, obviously. But I doubt that devs were thinking “Let’s make the minority of our players suffer more”. They were trying to spice this game up IN GENERAL. That is, to make it more exciting for the VAST MAJORITY. But instead, every hardcore player I’ve teamed up with in the last several months, say the exact same thing, - “why did they do this. it’s annoying and not fun”. Because farming high SR in HC is NEVER boring. There’s plenty of adrenaline with all the random damage spikes we so love! It’s unstable and unreliable already. Now, when we push high SR and gulp 20 potions to at least partially mitigate those spikes, we have to pay double, no, tenfold attention to these mobs, because the dispell everything including those salves and elixirs that require rare mats, which we have to spend quite a bit of time farming, because we refuse to cheat our way in the game.

So yeah, not every late game addition like this is welcome by every player. Not because we don’t know how to deal with these new situations. Not because we lack skill and can’t gid gud. Simply because it’s creating an additional nuisance where these already enough nuisances, like high SR.

1 Like
  1. “Hardcore is too hard! Make it easier! I want to be braindead while going through the literally hardest and most intentionally unbalanced content in the game!”

2. If you’re getting nullified at highend SR I’m pretty sure you care more about your character being isntagibbed than losing a few mats.

Well, here’s my view: GD is a diablo-like, diablo derived from the rogue-like, the rogue-like is all about RNG, randomness - a trait the diablo-like inherited. Some people go years without ever beating (insert their favorite rogue-like here) even once!

If your above described scenario happens, well then, welcome to the rogue-like genre! You’re doing it! This is the point. This is what it’s about. Like any game: just to fucking do it because you either like or want to.

** And do note: rogue-likes are “hardcore”. You die, you start over (unless you save-scum). And I can promise you, you’re going to die. Again. And again. And again.

1 Like

Don’t go there man. Hardcore is where I live both in games and real life. I make it more challenging on purpose. If you have any doubts about it - [1.1.5.0] Classless [HC] The Sentinel of Cairn
I don’t look for easy modes. And no, the last time I got RIPed in SR was the only time several months ago, when I didn’t quite know the mechanics of the new mobs. In fact, that was exactly how I learned about them, by losing 200 hours worth of gear.
Since then, I never let these heroes catch me off guard. But based on my personal observation and feedback from other HC players, I do think these mobs are a nuisance and not a way to make this game more fun. Take it as one person’s opinion and ignore if you like. But whenever a thread like this emerges, I’ll be supporting those unhappy about the existence of arcane mobs.

1 Like

And I’ll be happy to point and laugh at them and silently point to the mod tools that come packed with every copy of GD. If they don’t like it, do something about it. That’s part of the reason those tools exist, to make the game in YOUR image if you don’t agree with the devs design choices. That’s a feature, a feature most diablo’s don’t let you do.

You guys are still here? Hmm, how do I put it? Oh! I got an idea…

1 Like