[POLL] Which dmgtype/playstyle got the crappiest Magi ring?

“There were Seven Rings but One was the Shittiest of All.”
– Morgoneth, Grand Magus of Korvan

The new Magi rings are all amazing and positively oupie but they weren’t born equal. Which one do you think is the idiot brother in the family? And why? Opinions about the best one also welcome. So are any and all opinions. Thanks!

EDIT: Ring of Orissa also aparently is supposed to support bleeding. Who knew? :wink:

• Acid (Ring of Shuroth)
  • Aether (Ring of Tawrot)
  • Retaliation/Physical (Ring of Sethris)
  • Piercing (Ring of Orissa)
  • Pets/Fire (Ring of Khonsar)
  • Vitality (Ring of Basti)
  • Cold (Ring of Anunbar)

0 voters

Thanks for not mentioning Bleeding. :rofl:

2 Likes

Fixed. I guess that’s the one you voted for? Yeah, I think it should get some flat bleeding since it can’t make use of conversions. Also, Orissa got no da/oa.

The best ones (for me) are probably Orissia and Khonsar. Anubar is also nice but haven’t found a place to it.
Also, Sethris needs buffs and Tawrot seems not having it’s own place.

Everything mentioned: here. :wink:

Anubar (cold) is pretty good. Except the fact that now cold has 3 purple MI rings instead of just two and little else for our non-stashing friends. Anubar conversion is niche (compared to ex. Storm Witch rings) but resistances are spot on. And 100 oa is mega on a ring - main selling point for me. If you don’t go for wps melee, I think Anunbar is BiS on many many seups.

Tawrot (aether) is shite unless niche. Aether rings are pretty much set in stone: either Albrecht plus Haunt or Magelords. Whoever need more energy regen with an arcanist (and whoever plays aether with no arcanist? defilers? pfff…)? Res is useful good but why only one? And where is my oa fix?

I voted for Shuroth (acid) not because its the worst but because it’s design pisses me off. Some other Magi rings look like they’re designed to help the most pressing issues of mainstream archetypes (like Anubar with the res and oa for infiltrators). Shoroth helps with none. No da, little useful res, more vit to acid… It’s still quite powerful, though. The ranks are great for dervish.

Apostate, Death Knight, Purifier…

Still voted for Tawrot though.

Sure, that was a side argument, and it was exaggerated. But I think Tawrot will win.

Khonsar is kinda weird. Zero conversions, no specific skill bonuses to hardcap main skills. no spinning eye… The temp buff looks powerful, though.

It’s basically Kelphat’Zoth for Fire damage. Nifty enough.

Khonsar winning because no one plays pets. :scorv:

It literally has two conversions.

They are all terrible. Mostly because they don’t exist outside of GDStash! And secondly, because now they are bis for most builds and soon every posted build will look generic with one or two rings of “bla”.
I hope they all get nerfed :joy:

1 Like

I have no idea whose idea was to add Lightning to Pierce conversion on Orissa. Hands down one of the most awful conversion items ever. I can’t even.

Khonsar (fire ring) looks like it should be bis for melee Fire builds (not a lot of those), but I have tested it on my Murcielago Shieldbreaker and it loses both to Undying Oath and Combustion Band.

I’ve had better luck with these (4 drops) than Alkamos rings (0). Too bad they’re not the ones I want.

Over 3000 hours
Many, many hundreds of Alkamos runs
2 purple rings (not a set)
numerous sets of blues ofc

1 Like

I’m surprised you don’t think the ring is amazing. It’s a bit op actually. From the proc (best part) to damage + skills all relevant and conversion.

Personally I wouldn’t pick any of the options since all the rings are very good

Nope. It was actually nerfed in testing cause it was OP. It’s in a good place now. Pretty much BiS on any retal build

Not true.

Tawrot is great imo. I’m using tawrot + anubar on my mageslayer FoI spec.

Key is to convert the aether damage on the proc to elemental damage

Imo, it still needs to be tuned a bit. Like giving OA instead of DA.
And is it really better than Fist+Hand or some well-rolled Creeping rings?

Last I check it gave both OA and DA? Unless it was removed

Edit yep it definitely does

Honestly seph is probably the best of them at adding damage to it’s damage type… spanks is right x2 of these rings is best in slot on basically all retal builds

It does give both OA and DA. It’s actually one of the best magi rings with flat health, OA and DA, and two res.

It also has the most damaging proc by far