Possible new Crate project in the works

Reading some early articles from when Crate Entertainment was formed and they talk about them buying Black Legion from ILE, but also an un-named second project. What was that second project and will it ever see the light of day? Is that what Grava’s working on perhaps? :thinking:

6 Likes

Imagine all that wonderful lore. :grim_dawn: :grava_yes:

Heckers yes!!!

Hmm, you could do what the Adventures of Van Helsing team had done, use assets of their ARPGs to make different games. They made some tower defense game that reuses all the monsters and spells of the ARPG, for example, and it has done pretty well.

GD FB page “Grim Dawn: Kristoffer Petersen Our current thinking is that Unreal probably doesn’t make sense for GD. We’re using Unreal for another project but also are currently working on new generation of the GD engine.”

6 Likes

New generation of GD engine🥰

1 Like

lets hope its a DX12 engine.

Cant help but feel excited from the jobs opening posting. Unreal engine, RPG and RTS😍

2 Likes

We need equivalent of Rhykker but for Grim Dawn (he analyses job postings for Diablo and makes conclusions from them).

2 Likes

If Crate has a RTS game in their agenda that would be huge excitement for me. Hell my childhood spent with game series like Red Alert, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Rise of Nations, Battle for Middle Earth etc so I would like to play rts game by crate both single player and multiplayer focused.

2 Likes

Given his “conclusions” about the Handy Games TQ teaser I’m not sure I’d want him to. God knows what sort of games he’d come up with. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I can play Crate’s RTS but I need Internals for it with an option to lower Game Speed to 0.25 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just imagine searching “crate” in order to have edge againts your opponent in early game in a rts game made by Crate.

Well, we don’t know what the town builder is exactly yet. Long ago Medierra said he wanted to mix Settlers and some other game (can’t remember the name and can’t find the link now) for his new project.

If I’m not mistaken Z also mentioned there will be battles in the game but ofc these are just speculations.

You have not been mistaken…

1 Like

Zan also said this on the discord back in October. How much is trolling … :woman_shrugging:

"devloek:
townbuilder: is combat optional or mandatory?

Zantai:
I would say it is inevitable
I’m still petitioning hard for wolves to rain from the sky"

1 Like

Well I don’t think that’s trolling. If it’s optional whether you fight or not with other players, it will be certainly inevitable because human’s don’t even need a reason to do that :rofl: If they can, they just do…

Well, I meant the raining wolves part mainly. :wink:

1 Like