Possible new Crate project in the works

Hm, Medierra’s been dropping more hints in another thread.

So a town builder in the works and two other possible projects for Crate. Curiouser and curiouser. We need MOAR info! :smile:

3 Likes

GD 2 or riot seppuku

sudoku is the more likely option. to pass the time until gd2 for gd fans.

its GD team fight tactics!

Sure, and after that they’ll release a Battle-Royale Edition of Grim Dawn.

1 Like

Honestly, my thoughts are just going to get more ridiculous as to what it could be until they actually announce it lol

maybe a graphic novel game set in GD universe with romance options!!

Grim Dawn needs to rest a bit after a Hangman Jarvis concluding quest line… Im very excited about 2020 : the very year we will get to play the next Crate franchise…

We hope! :pray:

Who knows, maybe they will create a Mario Kart-esque Kart Racer which offers a variety of Gamemodes:

1. A Story-Mode which is told inbetween the Races in a Graphic / Visual Novel-Esque manner as interactive Cutscenes and dating-sim/romance elements, to race for the heart of the most iconic Characters of GD.
  2. A Battlefront-2-Galactic-Conquest inspired Tabletop-Scenario Mode where you need to conquer the whole Cairn with your chosen Faction. It offers some RPG & Survival Elements, you need to gather Ressources via Minigames, one of them as examples is Auto-Chess(Teamfight-Tactics). This Mode is fully playable Co-op but there is also a optional Factionbased PvP Mode where you can compete with your friends for getting Cairn. The battles for the major Spots of Cairn are fought in arenas by a Mario-Kart-esque Battle Mode.
  3. Multiplayer All sorts of unique and interesting Modes to compete with each other. One of the major Multiplayer-Modes is a fully implemented battle-royale Mode, which could also be enjoyed seperatly as a standalone Game (F2P) on your Smartphone.
2 Likes

Loved it. I need more ARPG stuff in my life, I’m like the cookie monster… .GIMME MORE NOMNOMNOMNNOM

Sign me up :slight_smile: from GD Alpha to… whatever this is going to be!

1 Like

An ARPG like GD but with gameplay like …FFVII Remake?

My guess #1 = it’s a mobile game.
(Like Forge of Empires.)
*this option gets you many customers since almost everyone has a mobile phone.

My guess #2 = it’s a 2D platformer/puzzle-platformer.
(Like Shovel Knight or Ori.)
*this option gets you PC and console gamers. decent market as well.

It’s been said they want to expand their company project portfolio beyond ARPGs. So, personally, I hope it’s some sort of 2D platformer game since I don’t do mobile gaming.

Reading some early articles from when Crate Entertainment was formed and they talk about them buying Black Legion from ILE, but also an un-named second project. What was that second project and will it ever see the light of day? Is that what Grava’s working on perhaps? :thinking:

6 Likes

Imagine all that wonderful lore. :grim_dawn: :grava_yes:

Heckers yes!!!

Hmm, you could do what the Adventures of Van Helsing team had done, use assets of their ARPGs to make different games. They made some tower defense game that reuses all the monsters and spells of the ARPG, for example, and it has done pretty well.

GD FB page “Grim Dawn: Kristoffer Petersen Our current thinking is that Unreal probably doesn’t make sense for GD. We’re using Unreal for another project but also are currently working on new generation of the GD engine.”

6 Likes

New generation of GD engine🥰

1 Like