Post FG purifier

I was looking for a ranged build now that my purifier is “of level” and was surprised to see only a single 2h ranged build post FG. The pre FG compendium has a ton of ranged builds. What the hell happened to purifier gunnery?

They are pretty much viable,both fire and lightning.I suggest to look Dagalon or Barrelsmith builds.Some minor tweaks are needed,like new Korvaak medal has flat lightning and WPS skill.

About no builds posted,almost no changes or new stuff,Ranged is inferior to melee and in general not a lot of people play ranged style.

AKDONG´s purifier is probaly still the strongest build for ranged DW.
The original thread for the build hasn´t been updated for the new forum, so all I can provide you with, is a link to my purifier. I took the original build and modified it a bit, changed the amulet, and recently switched from Justice set to Dagalon, since it is clearly BiS for that kinda build now, imo.

Fun to play, dmg is very good, I can´t get past lvl 45 in SR though, most boss lvls are just too much.
Too much incoming dmg.

Still my fav character nonetheless. :smiley:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK7zwnN

It fell out of the meta. Damage is worth than with melee-autoattackers and surviviability is much much worse. Before they were at least good for Crucible farm with blessings, but after several Crucible buffs and Inquisitor nerfs I don’t think they are that good anymore.

Also, look at what @tsuelue is suggesting: this is a pure campaign build, just for fun. It’s no good for Crucible and Shattered Realm.

SG set + stronghold set purifier is very powerful and unkillable. I’m not posting it because there are already x1x2 and superfluff build and it’s quite boring, I will link my GT here if you’re interested.

im interested in your stronghold puri build, do you have a link?

I will put it to here in about 6 hours after I got back home from work… :smile:

That sounds like cheating, is cheating allowed in Grim Dawn?

1 Like

SG set + stronghold got a bunch of stats and goodies covering all front. Lol. The build is stable and got a really good damage. Should be able to achieve 6 min cruci with banner.

Damn SG set is really good in most of AA build, it feels boring. Though I will post one more AA SG build after I am done levelling my paladin. :stuck_out_tongue:

well this sounds perfect, i love boring builds

Here to anyone who interested, Shattered Guardian + Stronghold Set Purifier:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EbO6nV

Video with 4 buff without banner as usual like my others vid (7:20 clear):

My best time with banner is 6:20 with it, but I am pretty sure that this can go below 6 min.
BTW, dummy kill is 17sec. Crazy for such a tanky build.

damn i’ll try and adapt this to paladin

I have tried before from way back in the FG theorycrafting thread and it doesn’t look that good on paper.
I really want this to be hybrid retal on paladin but itemization and devo is not enough.

do you have a leveling guide? im new and i mostly need to know what devotion route to take as well as class points. the grim tools dont show exactly how much points are in and what is extra from items. Thanks!!

I am not really into levelling guide. @malawiglenn, @Stupid_Dragon, and @Nery can give you more insight on that if you are deciding that to be your 1st character.

For seeing how much skill point spent in the skill, hold Ctrl+shift in Grimtools.

1 Like

The strongest dw ranged is Ludrigan but it’s only so due to hybridizing with Totems and Boxes.

I’m not sure what would be the strongest dw ranged purifier: Dagallon, fire in Justice set or Barrelsmith.

It doesn’t look like much on paper, everything is low. I’d never say it could do those times. What’s the secret? Also, wouldn’t Seal of the Void be better for more attack speed (so low! how did you do those times???) and wps?

Last I check dagallon is bad, fire with justicar is boring, also last I check barrelsmith FS+Grenado is bad. Havent check FS+Canister bomb. Usually most of them aside justicar is not stable.

Damn Ya, stop sounding like a noob! :smiling_imp:
Gunner especially fire strike archetype usually cannot have big fat flat like melee, so it need to compensate by accumulating small small damage from FS and WPS interaction. This build is using the synergies between fire strike and barrage + spread type WPS to shotgunning enemies. Attack speed cannot be too high because this is a shielded gunner.
On the component, seal of void is not taken because it convert phys to chaos and WPS is almost capped. Also, we need to convert phys to fire as much as possible because we have so many. One last thing, the build also convert almost 80% of pierce to fire in WPS and inq’s flat.

Other proc from devo and item also contribute much to the build clear speed.

1 Like

Devotion is simple to figure out, just try it before you ask.
Hold down ctrl+shift in grim tools and you see how many hard points are spent in each skill

11k weapon dmg is already high for 1h gunner too. Last time I did that I only had 9k, tho I went double jaxx for the shotguns and not full conversion. I’m still surprised by 17s dummy, maybe you got lucky and got more shotguns instead of bursting rounds?

I know about Brimstone and I see the conversion. But even with all the converted flat from the passives and Arcane Empowerment wpn dmg is only 12k in gt tooltip. Your best dmg procs have excellent proccing skills, though…

I didn’t see the Stronghold proc, yeah, you got 97% wps. But, if not on this one, I think Seal of the Void is BiS on most ranged builds. That wps is stronger than Bursting Round.

One last question: what’s up with everyone binding Eldritch Fire to Flashbang. 27%! Against single target shouldn’t proc, gotta spam that Flashbang and lose DPS. Even on my Pyran that doesn’t aa or spam anything I didn’t wanna use FB for Eldritch Fire (too busy with piano and positioning to bother spamming FB). But I see everyone binding that FB to the most important proc - why?