Pre-order Support

Hi

I bought the pioneer package a couple days ago, Awesome game first off, second though curious where the swashbuckler coat and burwich brew is?

cheers

Not available yet. You wont get that until the game is released.

Hey everyone, I currently want to purchase Grim Dawn as I have been an avid Titan Quest fan. However, I have a do not know what the difference is from purchasing Grim Dawn on Steam for 29.99 or 34.99 on the Grim Dawn website. Are they the same or does one source have more content?

Buying the 30$ version on Steam only gives you the early access and the game will be tied to Steam.

The 35$ version of the game gives you early access, DRM free on release, 2 cosmetic items and the soundtrack which will be out for release…

So it really depends if you are interested in just the game or if you want a few bonuses/DRM version.

Thanks a for the clarification!

Also the 35$ version of the game can be played on Steam and will need to be for the alpha/beta.

Today I got an answer from Humble. Sadly they could not help me. I now did sent a mail to the Crate support since I have the feeling that something did go wrong with my data during the transfer to the Humble Store or something like that.

Before I knew the difference, I bought GD on Steam for $29.99 - Now I’m seriously thinking about going, or wishing I had of gone, Loyalist instead. The $85 is a little steep for my tastes, but I did love TQ/IM and I’m really liking GD so far and supporting development would be really cool in its own right…

The questions is, since I already bought the game, would it cost me a full $85 to go Loyalist, or would it get it for $55.01 (which is more palatable)?

Thanks, -Lark :undecided:

P.S. I apologize if this was asked earlier and I missed it.

It has been asked before, and IMHO you can’t upgrade because you bought it from Steam. However, if you want to try, you would follow the steps provided on the first post here
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9251

Here’s a thread that talks about this issue. http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11017

If you try, please let us know if it works.

Try here for upgrades. Sorry about that.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9251

Have one…bought forever ago…when will access be available?

The DRM-free version, for which you require that key, will only become available later. But you can request an additional Steam key to play the latest alpha build right now.

See All Early / KS Backers now have Steam Keys! for directions.

ok …
Don’t have the Steam alpha key…
Only the Grim Dawn access key which says redeemed ?
I’m a little confused… do I have to buy up to get early access or request it somewhere?
The posts and links I followed just confused me.
Thanks

No, by now anyone who preordered / supported the Kickstarter has access now
see http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11579

I know you say the links confuse you, but I can’t explain it any simpler than it is explained there

I have an access key on humble bundle site…
It does not work when trying to activate on Steam
The humble bundle site does not show a Steam Alpha access key…it is blank
So again… can I upgrade?
Or is there another way to get alpha Steam key… or just sit and wait for download option someday through humble bundle?

EDIT!!!

AHHHHH… click the button on humble bundle page next to Steam alpha and a key pops up!
Would be nice to have read that somewhere!!
Problem solved…thanks

I had posted this question on steam, but figured there is more activity here then over there.

I was curious: I received Grim Dawn as a gift on steam from a friend because my jobs hitting hard times, but I have absolutely fallen in love with the way this game plays.

When my tax’s come in, say I wanted to bump up my level of support to loyalist; Would I be able to do that, even though I recieved the game only through steam??

Im a poverty-level income trying to support me and my disabled girlfriend; The $75 loyalist package I want is a bit steep, but im hoping I can pay just to up my support from how much the steam version cost.

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to upgrade through steam. See also this thread http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12379 and in particular this quote by Medierra:

Here the price is different to steam, and with 3 options which steam only has one. Please advise where should I buy?

You should buy from the website as the devs will get more money that way and you either have a cheaper option here or options for different packages with bonus stuff.

Sorry I have to ask for clarification, hopefully this is the best place for it.

When I preorder now I will get the Steam alpha key and Humble DRM free key (for future use) but what happens when the final game is released? Do I lose the DRM free version key if the Steam alpha has been redeemed? Can they deactivate the Steam alpha when it goes final? I always thought early access alphas upgraded to the final build.

The key for the DRM free version, is that a multiplayer key like Diablo 2?

Thanks for your help! Gonna play some TQ this weekend I think :slight_smile:

If you purchase the game at our website, you will get both an early access Steam key and a key for the DRM-free full release. You do not lose the release key by playing the game on Steam now. Enjoy!