Price of xpac to high? Thoughts?

This thread is weird.
I remember the Diablo 3 “community” pissing, moaning and shitting blood because they thought the Necromancer class was too expensive, and you folks
think GD was too cheap. :stuck_out_tongue:

For what it offered, it was too expensive (D3), so I didn’t buy it. I also didn’t post in their forums that I thought their latest DLC was too expensive. I just didn’t buy it.

Where I live, the price of the expansion will be about the same price of ordering a medium size pizza from a cheap pizza place. The price is very fair.

Some people seem to be not aware of how Expensive the Creation of a new Class can be for a game as complex as D3 (yeah yeah it looks very shallow from a player perspective but the amount of Programming, Animating, Voice acting and much more is gigantic compared to something like Path of Exile or Grim Dawn). I worked a few years for a small Gaming Company and my estimate is that Blizzard had to sell atleast 200.000 Necromancer packs to make profit from it if not much more (the voice Acting alone is expensive as Shit…).

Blizz gave alot of Content for free in D3 (entire new maps with Voice Acting, Questslines, new Monsters and sub Dungeons) so they are not as Evil as people think. Ofc they cant Compare to what a game like PoE dishes out for free but they dont force Microtransactions down your throat as PoE does :stuck_out_tongue:

A Medium Sized Pizza here is 7 Bucks Cheaper BUT a single ticket to see a movie is 6 Bucks more expensive… if i have to choose between 120-200 Minutes of fun to atleast 500+ hours of Fun… well it isnt a choice for a nerd isnt it? :smiley:

so Whiteknighting Blizz is done ( hehe :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ). back to be hyped about the Grim Dawn expansion. HYPETRAIN CHU CHU!

What is this, a reddit shitpost??? Anyone who honestly thinks the xpac is too expensive is a certified mental defective and should stick to free to play games.

So it’s a complete reversal here: while the medium sized pizza goes from R$32 to R$36, without the delivery cost, I went to the movies last Saturday and the ticket costed only R$20 (or R$10 for students). Of course in terms of cost per number of hours of enjoyment, nothing beats video-games. :slight_smile:

if you compare it to the base game again, you got 5 (I believe…) classes for $60, plus the actual game world. Now you get one class for $15, way overpriced in comparison.

If Blizz cannot sell 200k copies of it, they truly have ruined D3 by now given that there were like 30M copies sold… that would mean that not even 1% of players still were interested enough to buy it

Lol, I bought the game through Crate’s website, even before the kickstarter campaign! In fact, I even upgraded my edition through the kickstarter to Loyalist. I don’t remember how much I paid: $70 something, or $80 something.
I was a long, long, looooong time ago, I still remember when the alpha came out (like…5 years ago?).

So is $17.99 too much for the expansion?..Geez: I still remember the bad experience I had with Among the Sleep. I backed the game, or bought it in advance through Humble Store, only to get the key days later! If tomorrow I realize the game is on Steam before the keys are available on Humble, I might just buy it so I can start downloading it to play it earlier! :rolleyes:

The fun thing is I don’t consider myself a crazy fanboy. :smiley:

expac initially could have been pegged at 12 bucks then things changed when they’ve added more stuff like an act of content more! :stuck_out_tongue:

Same for me, I bought in before the Kickstarter then upgraded to the $100 tier during that. So you could say I’ve overpaid based on the prices for the base game and the expansion. Do I care? Not in the least. I’ve not only joined a great forum community here that has a lot of contact with the game’s developers, but I’ve had the amazing experience of participating in the game since the alpha came out - watching it grow, change, get bigger and better with every update released.

If people think the expansion price is too high then they won’t buy it. That’s their choice. They can still play the base game without it, same as you could with Titan Quest and Immortal Throne. But they’ll be missing out on some great new content and a lot of fun.

will never buy necro class in D3.
11 hours to go :smiley:

to improve Malmouth sales, they should release a patch that horrible renders the base game unplayable and can be solved only when expac is purchased :stuck_out_tongue:

Since D3 comparisons are done all the time - prices from back when it came out:
$60 - Diablo 3 (Base Game)
$40 - Diablo 3 (RoS)
in other words 66% of the Base Game for the Expansion
even the Necro DLC seems fine for $15 to be honest. RoS had the Crusader and that’s it, $25 for the new act, bounties and rifts.

$25 - Grim Dawn (Base Game)
$18 - Grim Dawn (AoM)
= 72% ($17 would be 68%)

I don’t think anyone believes the Base Game is too expansive, we can probably all agree at this stage it’s worth more than that. The Expansion isn’t expansive either compared to D3 (Base Game:xpac), basically $1 “too much” which is fine imo. Just looking at the number, it looks weird :smiley: most of us would probably be fine with $20.

I won’t even look at the content, since I believe the xpac is gonna get a few free content updates and I don’t think Crate is just gonna stop developing the Game tomorrow. So comparing the content we are getting today to what the game currently has is a waste of time, it could end up giving us more content in the future than the Base Game.

GD is quite expansive, the expansion must be too

I’m not sure that judging the price of the expansion against the price of the base game is a particularly useful metric. One could argue that Crate were an unproven studio who needed to have a low barrier to entry for people to be willing to take a chance on the game. With the success of Grim Dawn - over one million sales! - they probably feel more confident with pricing. I fundamentally disagree that because the game’s price was criminally low, the expansion’s should be, too. That’s arguing that because someone did you a favour in the past, they’re obligated to do you a favour again.

This is an excellent example of why people call gamers entitled.

yeah, Necro is ok when compared to RoS, of course RoS is more than double what it should have been already when you look at its content vs base game :wink:

Of course that is what I said earlier, when comparing by content ratio, every expansion ever was always more expensive than the base game…

My opinion, no, not even remotely. This game has given me more gameplay hours per dollar than just about any game I’ve ever played. I also bought the game long before the KS campaign and am more than pleased with how that gamble turned out. I wish Crate a ton of luck with the DLC release and can’t wait to try it out later today.

…If that’s too expensive for someone, perhaps it’s time to re-evaluate life priorities and save your money for more important things than gaming.

I think the price is absolutely a steal considering what all we are getting. I legitimately expected it to be more. I also think Crate deserves every damn penny they get and then some.

Compared to other games like D3 this is easily worthwhile. Heck i would pay more.

No… more like XCOM2 xpac is to high lol. This game price tag is unreal cheap for what it is. To me this game is so much more than all those 69.99 games you see today. This expansion is way more than just 2 acts and 2 classes btw