Propositions about T3 devotions

The initial point of discussion was usefullness/uselessness of Oleron. I have tested it and it has clearly shown that Oleron setup is same speed but much less consistency. So @Zantai can do something about this devotion or path to it.
I recommend starting with removing “on crit” requirment and making it “on hit” so a lot of stuff can proc it. And changing damage to full physical.

Also, stop talking about me like I am not here, lol, it’s rude. I have heard your opinion about how Oleron might be useful in some builds and because I have some respect for your building skills I have tested it with your very build.

@toapeiron I enjoy people getting salty over my comments for no reason other than they see “offensive tone” everywhere. It’s true that I don’t enjoy the game as much.

Oh did it? When you clearly misplayed and didn’t even try to dodge korvaak eyes? And on the other setup with same items and no oleron was the only run where you even tried to dodge it? Is oleron really the game changer or is it ghoul?

Man, I know we both enjoy sounding rude in the forums sometimes, it’s not that you didn’t hear my opinion, it’s that I didn’t hear yours. Cause I sure didn’t. I think the “Oleron is shit on pierce” view is pure bullshit, but I agree with most of the proposed buffs, since it clearly is shit on phys builds

Now, if fluff was still here he’d be raging cause he always uses Oleron on phys and will always argue about its merits.

Dude, what the hell? There are videos with clearing times. I have posted them. You can guess that if I die on wave 169 at 5:58 or whatever with everyone still being alive that wave 170 would end at 6:20-6:30. That’s my time on the video where I did without Oleron and with Ghoul. So yeah, no shit, Ghoul made it safer. But Oleron wasn’t faster, it was the same speed. It felt the same speed.

Or do you think I have tested and it was faster and I just lied or something? Yeah, I died two times, but it’s not hard to compare clearing times and it’s the same.

So the tests that show that clearing speed with Oleron and without it but with better/safer devotion map are the same don’t count? Or I somehow didn’t try hard with Oleron spec or purposefully misplayed it?

You do remember the statements made, right? I did mention that no oleron spec was practically the same, but i still didn’t use ghoul so it was squishier than oleron setup. Then you made tests and arrived at your conclusions. But then the difference was ghoul. Do note that the oleron map I used had a lot of flex points to allow ghoul but I didn’t get it on purpose. It’s not right to blame the squishiness on the devotion map with oleron when it can be easily adjusted to include ghoul.

Get a room, you two.

We’re making the following tweaks in v1.1.4.2:

• Blind Fury: replaced Pierce damage and Physical Resist Reduction with Physical damage and increased % Attack Speed Reduction
  • Light of Empyrion: now triggers off of any hit, rather than just melee hits
8 Likes

Well, I am confused now. I thought the whole point of not taking Ghoul was to afford Oleron together with Azraaka, Ulzaad and Soldier. Apparently you can do them all but you didn’t do it because of the personal preference?
But anyway, Zantai saw our bickering and buffing Oleron. Although activation still stays on “critical” I am guessing.
And do try my spec if you have time, it turned out to be pretty fast despite lack of Belgo relic.

This is really big, thanks.

That was Safarel’s reasoning, IIRC since he got the soldier proc. But I skipped the proc and didn’t need ghoul during 1.0.3.0 so I just didn’t adjust the devo setup aside from removing soldier proc. Soldier nodes aren’t really impressive since Azrakaa now exists and can now be easily removed

@Zantai please get us one :wink:

Oleron discussion over already? Wait!

It’s about T3 but I think it’s time to buff Wolverine. Give it 5% da and some useful res like the Tower has. This would naturally buff devos such as Leviathan, Oleron, Seekers, etc.

1 Like

I just can’t walk pass that crit and flat, and Piercers are so starved on crit.

You can chime in with your experience with it if you have one.

Yeah, Wolverine could use it, +1. Still wouldn’t make Oleron an optimal devotion route for physical or pierce builds, but it would make it more competitive. Not sure about Leviathan tho - it’s almost impossible for cold build to be good with it when you can build full Amatok + Dying God + Revenant + Ultos.

I only see attack seru on pet build. This constellation have some hefty requirements for either elemental or aether build.

Thanks a lot!

After the change will test them both. Oleron on my FW build instead of Azraaka and Empyrion on Shieldbreaker.

About side discussion about purple route, biggest culprit is Empty throne. Other than the first node everything else is useless. Nowadays you have so many sources of resistances. It will be much better if the nodes gives either CC or physical resistance.

3 Likes

Thank you for these improvements.
Also consider changing other unpopular constellations, including purple, at the same time.
Especially Dire Bear (Activation rate and points earned are too bad. The tree is good.), Tempest (I have never used it except for one build. Very bad), Autumn. Boar (same as Tempest), Crab. (Why is Elemental? And Proc is not the worst, but it will run out in the second half.)

Little reflection on the topic.

Look at Abominable Might. This is the most powerful dmg buff in the whole devo map (maybe except Dying God or Mogdrogen for pets). But does it feel op? Not at all and quite the opposite. Why? Because 18 green gimps chaos a lot.

Now, most devotions mentioned in this thread - like Leviathan, Tempest, etc. - aren’t bad per se. It’s just their affinity requirements make them underpowered. So buffing them accordingly would not break the game. Just like Abominable Might doesn’t break the game despite being ridiculously powerful. If it needed blue instead of green - then it would be a different thing. So as long as elemental devos need a lot purple they can hardly ever be op. Don’t have to be shy on buffs there.

4 Likes

Quite shy on buffs I agree. I do welcome any buff and Light of Empyrion is awesome! But just to say after the armor penalty is taken into account this is a small buff to Oleron that won’t change much. Attack speed reduction isn’t that useful either but I guess and hope this one of situations where balance is done in baby steps.

1 Like

How about giving Chance for target to Fumble attacks to Oleron Proc?
Can cover somewhat of the 2h build vitreous that uses Orelon without Nightblade (or without the Circle of Slaughter).

1 Like

Well the lore describes a reckless assault from a God who is thought to have wanted to die. Fumble and even slower attacks don’t seem to fit that to me.

In comparison, Tainted eruption on the same constellation is an acid staple because green path is so good for acid. Abominable might won’t be picked much by chaos since the only things you want for chaos on the way are solael and fiend. Doesn’t help that the proc on the other side is also better (tho according to you guys post buff abom is so good, haven’t tried it).

There are two ways to do it - buff the path or buff the t3 constellation. On abom I prefer the first cause but on oleron I prefer the latter (which is already being addressed by Zantai). I feel like buffing too much purple route won’t do for oleron simply because Azrakaa is also purple.

Generic constellations in green and purple feel terrible to me, which mostly leads me to ignore T3s such as Yugol, Sage, Seru, Leviathan and Oleron.

Benefit/point spent on Wolverine and Spider feels bad, Throne feels like it’s lacking some phys res and DA, Raven is downright atrocious and can’t even hold up to the very decent Candle.

Going past 10 green feels only worthwhile on fire and acid. Even the 3-4 purple points for Crown tend to make me choose Revenant instead in some occasions.

Change preview on Light of Empyrion is great. Low %chance on being melee hit procs are completely unreliable, some not-so-popular pants still have those.

1 Like