PS4 and Grim Dawn

I really want a Switch version of Grim Dawn.

Playing it where ever I want? Yes please!

Has already been said that Grim Dawn is unlikely to ever go to Switch. The console simply isn’t up to coping with GD’s demands.

27th July stream:
“AllerionGr : plans for a switch port?
Not very likely primarily due to performance concerns. Switch just doesn’t have as much juice as the other consoles and the infrastructure portal of Switch itself is very different. Xbox is actually the easiest to port to of the 3.”

Today we got announcement that D3 coming to switch this year.
So there is a little hope that GD are comes to swtich too.

Not sure I follow your logic.

I’m just going to throw this out there. if the Nintendo switch can run diablo3ly, then it certainly has the hardware to run grimdawn. That is all. nothing more, nothing less.

Or Blizzard have enough money to throw at it to make D3 work on Switch.

Very true.

From here:

Plus, it wasn’t just Nintendo helping Blizzard with the Switch version: Stilwell said that a team of “eight or nine” Blizzard staffers collaborated with Iron Galaxy, the studio that helped bring Skyrim to Switch last year. The whole process of bringing Diablo III to Switch took them about nine months.

So pretty much the whole Crate team, plus external help, busy for 9 months on a console that will probably be deprecated soon after the port is done.

However, it is a better idea than the Space Force.

Any chance the PC version could get a setting to change the button icons to the DS4 layout? Shot in then dark after reading this post but I would love to see this since the DS4 is IMO the best controller for the PC.

I am curious if the PC version is going to be cross-platform compatible with Xbox this time? Kids these days seem to prefer consoles over the more mature PC.

No, it’s not.

This news is also talked about in our country. Are there plans for localization?

Localisations for the game are handled by the community.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

I think I still have my old Amiga laying around in someplace. Any chance we can get a port to that? Amigafans want2know! ;):confused::frowning:

Thanks for the answer. In that case, there are two problems.

1. As for localization, unlike English, since translation is greatly different between base game and expansion, when selling it separately from base version and DLC, each exclusive translation must be used. Otherwise people who bought the base game will be very confused.

2. Some countries’ translations have multiple versions. Which one are devs going to use?

The devs aren’t using any translations, other than providing them via download. The translations are provided by the community.

See the Translations forum as medea has suggested. Read and post your questions and concerns in the Community localizations (v1.0.6.0) thread as that is the correct place to ask questions about localizations. That thread also has information regarding localizations.

I am a Japanese translator and just asked the question that all translators are concerned about. Anyhow, I presented problems that localization faces now.

However, there may be translators who are unaware of these problems. Noted with thanks. Next year when the release of the Xbox version becomes more realistic, I will ask about these issues again in the Translations forum.

Ha I’m surprised you people didn’t realize/know Matougi was a translator. He has been fairly visible and known on the board. :wink: But he was asking about translation localization of the console port, which is a different ballgame entirely. I have no idea if Crate intends to only sell in English-speaking countries or not but if they did sell in non-English areas I couldn’t see them using the community translations in that fashion.

To me it seems like doing so would present problems down the line with game updates. They would probably need to hire professional translators (or maybe even hire some of the community members since technically the majority of the work is already long done) and have them translate anything that needed translating before patches and updates are released.

They can get away with translation delays on PC. On console I’m not so sure.

Seems like the localization thread would be the most relevant thread for their stated issue.

Post created asking about this question, maybe it should’ve been it’s own thread, whatever. Done!

Thanks, and one word. It is not a good idea to hire a professional development. Translations of any country have examined the words with much discussion so far. And, for example, our jp-wiki is built on the basis of my translated words. The existence of different translations will cause great disorganization.

Edit: I asked here daringly because we could not get any answer even if asking for a different translation in the past by the base and expansion in the translation forum here and there. But it is certain that this issue is only relevant to localization.