Pyromancer needs some direction

Hello, I’ve just finished my first playthrough in Normal with a Pyromancer and need some direction with a build. My first characters are always done without a build for the full noob experience so I ended up with a ranged dual wielder that is a bit of a glass cannon: GrimTools

I only have the base game and have seen Ink0sk132’s build in the compendium. Could someone please give me some direction of where my next skill points should be going and what respec’s may be necessary to start improving the character? I have 4 unused stat points that I held up in case of a good gear drop and 2 devotion points that I’m not sure what to do with at the moment as devotions have been a bit overwhelming (maybe Hawk?). Gear is junk I’m sure but I’m happy to spend time farming.

Also - I missed the roguelike dungeons in Normal, didn’t realise bounties became available (woops) and have just unlocked Epic; which should I be doing now?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have the expansions? Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods?

:smirk_cat:

@j_reed92 where the fuck are your components? :joy_cat:

1 Like

@Lokarr I need to clean my glasses since they got so dirty during our last encounter :smiley:

I was hoarding :rofl:

highly recommend that you get at least the AoM expansion. You are missing out on a heap of content. That build you referenced looks wildly out of date.

I’d like to avoid spending unnecessarily at the moment as my income is lower than normal with coronavirus restrictions in the UK. It’s very likely I’ll pick it up in the future :smiley:

Possession, Blood of Dreeg, 11 points in Vindictive Flame, Vulnerability, Thermite Mines, Blast Shield. Gunslinging pyromancer is a very skill-point hungry build.

Ulzuin’s Torch and right side of Abomination.

Okay… I’m a terrible sequencer. Primordial at Crossroads > Empty Throne > [Remove Crossroad points] > Chariot of the Dead > Magi > Eldritch at Crossroads > Ulzuin’s Torch. Is that a path that makes sense or have I over complicated?

Should I be looking to max Occultist mastery for Possession as soon as possible?

Revenant for 1 Chaos, Spider, Hawk, Eldritch Crossroad.

Get Curse of Frailty (4/10) with Vulnerability (10/10) first. That slow should make you a bit more safe against being overrun.

Thank you - is Wretch that shortest path to get the extra Chaos needed for Revenant?

I’ll start building up Curse of Frailty, I’ll probably move the point from Stun Jacks and move it here :smiley:

The shortest path is to get 1 point into Eldritch Crossroads and respec your Fiend into Ghoul.

Thank you for all of your help!

I’ll start leveling and see how things progress :smile: I might even use some of my components :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve moved devotion points around, put 4 points into Curse of Frailty and a few into Vulnerability, and used some components. I played some normal bounties and mobs were cleared super easily. Oathbreaker dropped which seems perfect for this character and has given a big DPS boost :grinning: